All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: My Russian Love affair
Post Number:#131  PostPosted: 13 Jun 2013 15:49 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember

Last year early in April, we went to Corfu for Easter and despite that the weather was not very hot we both had a great time.

My wife Hanna liked the island very much and she thought and still thinks Corfu it's one of the most beautiful places to visit.

During the Christmas period we made the decision to go back, again, this year.

Our main reason was that Greek Easter Sunday was on the 5th May so we hopped that we would have better chances for a hot weather. As it happens we were proved right.

During our visit we encountered very beautiful hot temperatures of over 32 C.

Additionally decided to stay longer so we would have time to visit my home town Ioannina, where I was born. So we booked our flights with our favourite low cost airline, Easyjet and the price was very cheap in comparison with those later in the high season.

Going to Ioannina, involved us crossing over with a ferry from Corfu to the Port of Igoumenitsa and then using a hired car to drive through the new Egnatia motorway.

So all booked and we had to wait till the 29 April to fly to Corfu for our Easter Holiday.

I think the photos, below, will give you a better picture of our trip to Ioannina, the views and scenery of the Epirus County, instead of me writing and describing my biased opinion. I let you decide if it is an interesting and beautiful country.

The trip started on the ferry from Corfu to Igoumenitsa post in the mainland. Enjoy it! [biggrin.gif]

Post subject: Re: My Russian Love affair
Post Number:#132  PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013 10:14 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14