All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Russian Love affair
Post Number:#71  PostPosted: 17 Jun 2010 14:35 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Russia
Times_to_FSU: 10+
Blimey you are p*ssed off !!

I know exactly how you feel, remember those corrupt barstewards Black Listed me for at least 5 years and I didn't actually break any laws, but I don't have to live in such a 3rd world country so I count myself very lucky and don't worry too much anymore about their stone age ways. [biggrin.gif]

Post Number:#72  PostPosted: 17 Jun 2010 18:00 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Ukraine/Holland
RW_here_since: 04-december-2008
Times_to_FSU: Lost count in 2010
Thank god Leentje is from the Ukraine. Its much more modern in its visa-policies :)

No OVIR no registration, just fill out a card on landing that plane and you're all good for 90 days.

Post Number:#73  PostPosted: 17 Jun 2010 18:25 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
What exactly is the problem you are having with visa and registration ?

All you need is a night in a hotel and its arranged.

And BTW Wiz, you are eligible for a 5-year free multi-entry visa, just check the information on the website of the Embassy. [wink.gif]

Post Number:#74  PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010 00:20 

Hi Shadow i would be very interested to see where and what you have seen that gives you reason to believe Wiz could get a 5 year multi entry visa , i can't find any info to support this but would love it to be fact, from everything i have read on the UK Russian Embassy website and the FMS website from Moscow, an individual cannot stay any longer than 90 days on a private invitation visa unless special requests have been granted. Technically you can only enter Russia on a Visa for the purpose of your visit, this is clearly written on their website and i know from first hand experience, although i know many people visit using a business visa and some agency's promote this as the way - it is the cheapest way until you get caught !! but every region chooses how strictly they enforce the laws and what they will turn a blind eye too, so Business is only for geniune Business use, Tourist is for holidays and if you have a wife there then the only way is by Work Permit, Temporary residency or by Private Invitation from your wife, if you visit your wife as i did in the past by use of tourist or business visa then the FMS are within their rights to give you a hard time, the only way i can get in there now is by Private Invitation visa, because i have a Russian wife - this was stated to me by Russian Embassy in London and Edinburgh.

I have emailed Visa office in UK and asked about a Spouse visa, they said i must contact FMS in Moscow ??? i could write them a letter, but being Russian's i doubt they will reply, there is no email address on their website!!!!!, but again they would not reply, so i have asked my wife to call and try and find out about possibility for a spouse visa, but i expect they will ask her to visit her regional OVIR office ( Ulyanovsk 2 hours away) and make appointment to discuss the matter, they don't doing anything by post or phone because you can't easily improve the situation by passing over (or under the table) the bottles of Cognac and Scotch Whiskey expected to ease disputes and to open doors !!! [lol.gif] A 5 year spouse visa i guess would cost me a truck load of cognac !! and a few holidays to Turkey's Costa Del Roosky for the OIVR director and thats if we got the F*T miserable bitch on a good day, you know the Russian type ? she looks like a Bulldog licking piss off a nettle !! [lol.gif] was probably a shot putting champion or proffessional bear wrestler, where do these ugly old bags come from when all the young girls are so beautiful in Russia !! are they a special breed from the Siberian salt mines especially selected and employed to make life miserable for us and anybody needing Civil services in Russia.

Post Number:#75  PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010 02:38 

RW_here_since: 2002
Times_to_FSU: 38
Wiz & Julian,
I cannot for the life of me understand whats happening to you both in your neck of the Russian woods, its incredible to say the least, I have never, not in any/all of my previous visits to Russia and the old soviet union, encountered any of the problems which you are both describing......
My only advice is that there are Russian laws covering all of this, and if you know the law, and stay correct and polite, you will succeed in the long run, do not let a little crap once in a while put you off from visiting such a wonderful country......
Julian, you mentioned a business visa, officially, you are not allowed to register, or stay at a private address whilst travelling on this type of visa, though it has been a practice for many people and many years to do just this, many FMS's have turned a blind eye to this in the past but if your particular FMS has caused you problems then it is not them to blame for implementing the law....
ANY visit to Russia, for any other reason than business, must be on a tourist visa for up to 30 days, for longer periods, you need an invitation, and anyone who tells you different is not correct.......

You cry about visas and registration in Russia, and how, in your opinions it should be abolished, when in fact, its the law, even a Russian citizen, who leaves their own residency area, for any period in excess of 3 days, (holidays excepting), are legally obliged to de/re-re register........
You would very soon cry if the immigration/migration rules for the UK were being abused in the same manner as the russian ones get abused, please start to be a little more realistic, and accept that other countries have their own laws, and even if they do not suit you, they should be followed......
I do not yet have the full info on the 5 year visa for the spouses of russian citizens, the law was only passed on the 1-june this year, but hopefully soon it will be clearer as to the requirements of such a visa, and I will add them as time allows....

Post Number:#76  PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010 02:46 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Julian

Shadow is taking the mickey winding me up... because he has to travel only to Moscow.....where in Ufa is another planet and yes I am well pissed off with their stubidity. [angry.gif]

You can't have a 5 year free visa.......as I would be one of the very first to know..... [tonque.gif]

Raffi and I we keep abreast with any changes and Mel is watching too and inform us of any new developments.... [veryhappy.gif]

Mel

When this law passed?

Nobody said anything on the RR.......or I haven't seen anything!

Yes I am really pissed off with such stubidity.......of the local OVIR officers.

Sorry old chum but I do not care for such Russian Law, which is still here since the October revolution (probably) that I have to register like all Russian do....... I do not want to spent my time and money visiting OVIR and treated with contempt.

I made up my mind and will not comeback till I need no visa neither a Registration.! Ukraine did it back on 2005 and I flew there the first day of May without any problems.

If this country wants to be modern then it has to come out of the 17 th century to the 21st one!

I am on my 10th bottle of..... champanski so far and you are very far to visit for the day! [sarcastic.gif]

Post Number:#77  PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010 03:28 

The law was passed and came into force on June 1 this year, so infomation is still very sketchy, and I do not wish to write anything about it until I fully understand the implecations fully....
Do not think that Russia will ever stop the need for registration, because I do not see it happening within my lifetime.....
What I cannot understand, is why some people tend to get problems with this in Russia, but the majority never get a problem......Maybe its just your good looks...... [sarcastic_blum.gif]
Wizzie, you and your big mouth [confused.gif] , Oh yes Mel, I'll come and visit for the day, I says its a long way, you say all ok, we drink [drinks.gif] champanski, I say ok, I buy, NOW you says, Mel, :oops: Its too far to come for a day (only a short 7 hour train hop)....Plocher.. [bad.gif]
[icon_offtopics.gif] Today your web-site is locking up, and bouncing around a lot, needs sorting my friend...
Initially it wiped my post as I tried to submit ...

Post Number:#78  PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010 03:31 

wiz wrote:
Julian

Shadow is taking the mickey winding me up... because he has to travel only to Moscow.....where in Ufa is another planet and yes I am well pissed off with their stubidity. [angry.gif]

You can't have a 5 year free visa.......as I would be one of the very first to know..... [tonque.gif]

Raffi and I we keep abreast with any changes and Mel is watching too and inform us of any new developments.... :D

Mel

When this law passed?

Nobody said anything on the RR.......or I haven't seen anything!

Yes I am really pissed off with such stubidity.......of the local OVIR officers.

Sorry old chum but I do not care for such Russian Law, which is still here since the October revolution (probably) that I have to register like all Russian do....... I do not want to spent my time and money visiting OVIR and treated with contempt.

I made up my mind and will not comeback till I need no visa neither a Registration.! Ukraine did it back on 2005 and I flew there the first day of May without any problems.

If this country wants to be modern then it has to come out of the 17 th century to the 21st one!

I am on my 10th bottle of..... champanski so far and you are very far to visit for the day! [sarcastic_blum.gif]

You have been here a week and on 10 bottles.....SHAME ON YOU.........
Maybe best you do not visit me, as we would do that many in 1 night....Well I would dunno if you could keep up at your age.... [rolf.gif]

Post Number:#79  PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010 05:08 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Why shame..... I go along with the champanski by my MIL has made some excellent wine.... and it's very nice cold.... so we drink abit of that tooo old boy! [sarcastic_blum.gif]

At my age?

You are older by a century old chum........ [rolf.gif]

Post Number:#80  PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010 10:50 

59dotru wrote:
Wiz & Julian,

Julian, you mentioned a business visa, officially, you are not allowed to register, or stay at a private address whilst travelling on this type of visa, though it has been a practice for many people and many years to do just this, many FMS's have turned a blind eye to this in the past but if your particular FMS has caused you problems then it is not them to blame for implementing the law....
ANY visit to Russia, for any other reason than business, must be on a tourist visa for up to 30 days, for longer periods, you need an invitation, and anyone who tells you different is not correct.......

Show me the law that says you cannot register a business visa to a private address ??, i think you will find that with a business visa you can register where you want, i had this issue and when Real Russia (thanks Chris and Natalia from RR) produced some information from the FMS at my reginal OVIR which had been an interview by the director of FMS who said you can register a business visa to a private address then they backed off, a tourist visa can only be registered to a hotel address and i state again if you have a wife or relative you are visiting in Russia it needs to be by private invitation and not tourist visa as Russian Federal laws states, i understand you can try and go how you want to Russia and most people don't have problem, but if like me you encounter an akward OVIR office then you are in trouble and there's little you can do but take it on the chin. I did everything in the correct manner, i have spent the last 20 years each month travelling to different countrys, i know how to conduct myself in the correct manner and not to antagonise officials, i did everything by the book in a polite and friendly way and on time and the OVIR office just decided to make my life difficult because they did not understand their own federal laws !!! but they never admit they are wrong, they worked on the fact that i did not understand Russian Language good, so i had very little idea what they where doing at the time, and that my wife is so stupid and brainwashed by the Russian system she believed everything they said and not me !!!!!!!, what could i do - take them to court !!! that is the only way i can try to get off the black list , but if i did that the chances are 1. i would just get ripped off by a Russian Lawyer and 2. just create more problems for myself with the OVIR, so i decided to let them win and agree that i was wrong, beg for forgiveness and now they let me have a private invitation visa, which is ok, but i cannot go to Russia by my own means now , so i could not go on business and i had legit reason too, i can not go as tourist on holiday , i can only go to see my wife when she has made invitation which is a minimum of a 2 months process !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next