All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: With love from Azerbaijan...
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011 07:45 

Her/His Country: Azerbaijan
Times_to_FSU: 2
With love from Azerbaijan...

How I met my wife

I have a profile on Facebook. One day out of nowhere, in February last year I got a private message from a pretty girl with simple English saying “I like you )))”

After viewing her profile [yes.gif] I like you too [hi.gif]

I was intrigued so I wrote back and the conversation started flowing (in broken English). Her English was very basic and I think her original intentions were to talk to me to improve her English. I went ahead and we kept talking. Honestly, she was beautiful in her profile picture and sounded so innocent when we were talking. I questioned it many times to myself, was this real. I couldn’t believe how lucky I was.

Moving forward, we established that she has a friend of the family who lives in Altrincham, Cheshire, near to me. This is how she found my profile. From looking at hers, then friends of friends of friends and on to mine. This made it a bit more real for me as she knew someone here. So I arranged to meet with her friend here and we went for something to eat. She was going to Baku in the summer (2010) so I asked if I could join her to go and visit Alisa. She said yes and Alisa was made up. Our relationship was starting to take pace.

I went over to Baku, Azerbaijan in July 2010 for a 3 week holiday. I had a great time and it was really upsetting having to leave her wondering would I see her again and when. Anyway, I wanted her to come to live with me in the UK (not knowing about the rules and everything to do with visas) so I completed the visit visa application where I was here sponsor.

She was unemployed, no bank account, no savings, not a home owner, 18 years old (I’m 26), stunning and only been to Russia in her life. From reading the forums, I seriously thought she had no chance. First application, declined. Reason, Alisa did not give a letter with her intentions of her visit to the UK. School boy error. Next day, wrote her a letter of her intentions and submitted another application. 2 days after submission, we got and email saying come and collect your visa [thumbs.gif] The joy.

She came to the UK on, on her own, in September 2010 and stayed until February 2011. During this period our relationship was optimum and we wanted to get married. However, there is a restriction on visit visa’s where as you can’t get married on it. I decided to try anyway and write to the UKBA for a certificate of approval to get married. Thinking again it was free so nothing to lose. To my surprise, they gave us the COA and we proceeded to get married on 8 January 2011. Alisa then returned home on 17 February 2011 and has been there since.

She was working while she was over there but stopped in 1 June 2011 as I was coming over with my family as we were having the real Russian wedding (it was a low key one here at a register office). That was brilliant.

I returned home on 11 July 2011, again sick at the thought of when we will see each other again.

We waited until she had been out of the country for 6 months and then applied for her next visit visa on 18 August 2011, and we are currently waiting for the answer. Tomorrow is 15 days, so hopefully will get an email saying it has been processed and it is a yes and to come and pick it up! I really hope so. It’s hard being apart and we really shouldn’t have to. I emailed the embassy in Baku today to ask for an update.

So there you go. That’s our story. We’ve had a lot of hurdles to jump and some thought it would never happen (visa when only 18...getting the COA) but it has. I think we have been really lucky. I hope it continues, we get the visit visa and then the EEA Family Permit next year.

Post subject: Re: With love from Azerbaijan...
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011 10:03 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Andy hello and [welcome1.gif] to RWF.

I read with interest your story and I am glad to see that your Irish luck has helped you to achieve so many things in a very short time.

It appears that the British Consulate in Moscow has some problems right now and it takes longer to issue visas, probably under-stuffed or extra work due to summer.

Any how I hope all will be OK and she gets her second visa and come to stay with you and keep you happy! Meanwhile don't forget to start preparing your self for the Irish passport, so to get one soon.

In my view they will have no leg to stand, once you have it, and your wife applies for the Family Permit, under the EU Directive. Reading the latest consultation papers I understand that they will impose the condition that any spouse will have to apply at her own country first for the settlement visa.

As I told you before I expect your wife will have to do the same, when applying under the EU Directive. My guess is, when her visitors visa is nearly to expire she will want to go back home to see the family..... like all of them do.... and that would be the time when she will have to apply. Just make sure you have all your ducks in order.

If you read the consultation paper.... you will find out that the propose to increase soon the period for the ILR from 2 to 5 years, similar to the Permanent Resident Card under the Directive. Therefore going the EU route it's FREE and better in my view, especially when your wife receive her Resident Card then...... you can take her on holidays to Europe without the need of a visa, unlike the FLR and ILR visa for the British Nationals that require a Schegen visa for their Russian wines to travel there.
The bad news is that you can't take her to the Irish Republic..... because they require still a visa.... but soon my Petision to the EU Parliament will be heard and they will be obligated to apply al the regulations of the Directive! [biggrin.gif]

Meanwhile please accept my Imagefor your wedding!

Welcome to the board and don't hesitate to ask any questions you want to know answers.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011 13:23 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
Hello Andy and [welcome1.gif] to the Board

I like to wish you and your wife

I hope everything will go aright until you finally bring your young and beautiful wife here.

All the best for the future

Luckyspin

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011 13:56 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Andy Image and Image to the forum.

It is nice to read an almost fairytale story.

I seems that you were really lucky on quite a few counts.

You have been to have made contact with the lady who is now you wife the way that you did, as I see it it is quite an unusual way.

It seems that the "gods of visas" smiled upon you and you lady.

You were very lucky to get the COA the way that you did, the application must have been made at exactly the right time, when the UKBA was taken to task regarding the COA issues by the European courts.

I am now going ask you or maybe I should say recommend that you do research into the rules and regulations regarding visas, not that I wish to "rain on your parade" I will just state that one of my personal motto's is "If you fail to prepare you should be prepared to fail".
Mind you, you are in the right place to ask questions and to have your questions answered by people that do not think that everybody should fit into little square boxes.
You are also a member of a different forum (we have meet there too) and that forum is also a good place to get answers I would just add a small caveat, that caveat being that you need to know who it is that is providing the answers and whether they are one of those that cannot see beyond the end of their noses or that they do realise that not everybody fits into the same little square box.

With regards to your wife's visitor visa, hang in there the reason that I say this is because now that Alisa is your wife the "visitor: visa is going to be further scrutinised by the visa issuing authorities.
In saying this I do sincerely hope that Alisa does get the visa.
If there is a problem with the visa then be sure to let us know I say this because I do have a few tricks up my sleeve that facilitate in the getting of visas.
When I say this I will emphasise that all the tricks are legal and above board but in my experience they do work.

Last but not least Image for your wedding.

When there is a wedding then normally there are wedding pictures. Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink. Image

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011 15:52 

[thanks.gif] for the congratulations everybody. Of course there were pictures. I am at work at the moment but when I get home, I will get them attached to the post for everyone to have a look at :)

With regards her visit visa, we have applied under the family visit visa and have been as honest and truthful as possible on the application. I can provide you copies of mine and Alisa's covering letters if you would like to have a look?

You mentioned further investigation now that we are married. What does this entail? The way I see it, the UKBA has stipulated an age limit on the spouse visa age, so, this is technically forcing us to live apart, unless we decided to move to an alternative state (which is last resort). It's a tricky one, I know, but we hope the letters I have wrote carry enough weight in them. We have emphasised on the fact that the visit visa will be a requirement of ours until Alisa is at the relevant age to apply for a spouse visa, should she want, that we have adhered to all the rules and regulations stipulated so far. As she is unemployed, based her assurances of returning home on how close she is to her family since her father died 4 years ago. How her mother needs her and she helps with her elderly grandma, how she loves Baku because her house is 5 in walk from the beach and she loves having a sun tan. Hopefully they actually read the letters and do as they say by considering each application on its own merit. I do think we have done everything by the book [biggrin.gif]

Alisa went to see the embassy today, with it being 15 days and they advised her they are still considering the application. I'm trying to put a positive spin on this, in the fact that if it were a no, they would have informed us by now??? What you think?

Anyway....watch this space and I'll get the photos on here as soon as I get home [veryhappy.gif]

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011 19:10 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
John

Let me tell you that if the British refuse the Visa to Alisa .... then get your Irish Passport and I suggest you apply for the Family Permit under the EU Directive 2004/38/EU ASAP.

I don't remember any age restrictions on the Directive, like the Brits impose under National Law and remember they hardly can refuse her.

Quote:
From the Directive:

• No-cost, easy, fast issue of visas.
  • Easy right to stay for up to 90 days if so desired. EU citizens and their non-EU family can work if desired in this period, or play.
  • Easy right to stay longer if the EU citizen is working, is a student, or has medical insurance and is self sufficient
  • Permanent residence after 5 years
  • Right of facilitated entry if passports have been lost, or if a visa has not been obtained
  • Applications can only be turned down in three limited circumstances (public health, public policy, national security), or when a marriage is determined to be fraudulent. Reasons for refusal must be spelled out in detail and there is a right of appeal.
  • EU citizens and their non-EU family members can not legally be treated differently than citizens of their EU host country.
So stop worrying about it and enjoy your bachelor time because when your wife arrives......
then the long trip starts and you will be very busy! [lol.gif]

And before I forget ....... you are going to need Patience, rivers of patience, Ocean of Patience and guess what?

You will still fall short, so get prepared, honeymoon is nearly over now!

[cheer.gif]

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011 19:36 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
johnstandy wrote:
I know, but we hope the letters I have wrote carry enough weight in them. We have emphasised on the fact that the visit visa will be a requirement of ours until Alisa is at the relevant age to apply for a spouse visa, should she want, that we have adhered to all the rules and regulations stipulated so far. As she is unemployed, based her assurances of returning home on how close she is to her family since her father died 4 years ago. How her mother needs her and she helps with her elderly grandma, how she loves Baku because her house is 5 in walk from the beach and she loves having a sun tan. Hopefully they actually read the letters and do as they say by considering each application on its own merit.

The bits that have been made bold are positives.

The extra scrutiny is because under normal circumstances wives normally apply for a spouse visa, the fact that you have highlighted that you are aware of the rules and have stated why you are not applying for a spouse will help the ECO to grant the visa.

Hang in there and be patient.
I am aware that it is easy for me to say be patient because I am not waiting for the decision but then getting yourselves (that is Alisa and yourself) all wound up will not benefit anybody and will not change the outcome.

GOOD LUCK.

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011 20:27 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: UK
RW_here_since: 2008
Times_to_FSU: I was born there!
Hello Andy and Welcome!

Excellent story of your love and you admit your self you have been very lucky to meet your wife and married to her because of her age. [clap.gif]

Congratulations with your wedding!! [flowers.gif]

I wish to you and your wife Alisa to be lucky all your life! [wave.gif]

Hanna

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 11 Sep 2011 09:14 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Ukraine/UK
RW_here_since: 2006
Times_to_FSU: Several
Andy hello and [welcome1.gif] to the board.

Not a frequent visitor but still come over from time to time
and it's nice to see new faces and hear of happy endings.

All the best wishes to you and your wife for a Happy life together

Keith

Post subject: Some photos from our lovely day
Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 11 Sep 2011 21:23 

Our wedding photos!

[veryhappy.gif]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next