All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: With love from Azerbaijan...
Post Number:#41  PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011 14:05 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
johnstandy wrote:
Cheers Bandit [clap.gif]
Next step - the Residence Family Permit [lol.gif]
Sorry if I am bringing "a bucket of cold water" to the party.

OK celebrate for a few days, you deserve to do so, but once the celebrations are over it is time to put the nose to the grindstone and to prepare for the next step.
The Residency Family Permit.

Please, pretty please do not rest on your laurels, do not leave anything to the last minute, make sure that you have all the ducks lined up well before the deadline arrives.

I am just being (possibly) over cautious but then I do know how easy it is to leave having to deal with hassles until "tomorrow".
If I am being over cautious then .................... accept that there is no harm intended.

Do not become a stranger, let us know how you are getting on and good luck with the application for the Family Residency permit.

Post Number:#42  PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011 09:39 

Her/His Country: Azerbaijan
Times_to_FSU: 2
Absolutely. We both want to relax and finish with all this worry for a prolonged period of time.

This means getting it done right away. I'm not a put off till tomorrow man.

I must admit, I wouldn't mind a good read about what the next steps must be. Is the same applicable to how you brought your wife to the UK, Wiz?

First step, find a job for me and somewhere to reside. Once this is done I am exercising my EU treaty rights. Wife them puts in the relevant application which takes around 6 months?

How did you find the application process Wiz? I can imagine it's a hell of a lot easier than preparing for the UK Spouse Visa.

You must have a check list Wiz [biggrin.gif]

I'll have a read too on your previous post.

Nice one guys and enjoy the rest of your weekend

Post Number:#43  PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011 16:08 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hello Andy

Let me point out something for you, just in case you have miss it!

Our case using the EU Directive 2004/38/EU was straight forward.

Before I went to Russia to get married with my wife, I prepared all the necessary documents required so my wife after our wedding went to Moscow to the British Consulate and applied for her Entrance Visa, under the Directive.

The documents required for her application were very similar to the Settlement visa under the UK law. Once her Visa was granted, after few days we flew to UK, 8 July 2008 and then using the same supportive Documents we applied for her Resident Card on the 20 July, which finally was issued on the 12 February 2009.

I have already asked you what type of visa you have applied for, with the Republic of Ireland but you have not replied.

I understand that you have been issued a visitor visa and I hope it’s the D visa allowing your wife to stay in the Republic for more than 3 months.

When you arrive in the Republic of Ireland you must exercise your right, under the EU Directive and your wife must apply for her Resident card, using the same documents, as she did now for her visitor visa. The maximum time for issuing the Resident card is 6 months.

Once her Resident card is been issued then she can travel to the UK and when here she can apply for her Resident card, under the Surigner case.

On another note, as you know travelling between the UK and the Republic of Ireland the UK and Irish citizens don’t need to use a passport, BUT when you book an air ticket, as you must know, you have to give your details to the airline therefore I guess that will be a problem for your wife, when you check in for your flight, if you decide to visit the UK before she receives her Resident Car.

Any how you have a better idea about your plan because you said you will try to find a job in Ireland.

I wish you al the best and have a good flight back to Eire.

Post Number:#44  PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011 19:11 

Apologies for not stating which visa we applied for. We just applied for a visit visa. The visa they have issued is a Type C visa, duration has XX in it. From what I read, it seems to be a the discretion of the immigration officer (I assume at the airport) as to the duration. The visa states Spouse of EU citizen B/O. Not sure what the B/O stands for.

Hmmmm....as per http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27885818/irelan ... 7-05_2.pdf this states the visa issued should be a SJ C. This must be the visa type. However, the remarks on the issued visa differ to what it says it should state. This instruction says it should state VISIT - Accompany an EU citizen. As stated, my wifes just states Spouse of EU citizen. Looks like they have issued it incorrectly?

However, it's still an entry clearing visa and grants her entry into Ireland. She doesn't technically have to have a visa when she arrives at Dublin but there could have been problems boarding the plane etc. So the duration of the visa is irrelevant, is it not?

I will take the same documents with us to prove we are husband and wife and state that we are going to reside here and I will be exercising my rights under the directive. I will hopefully find employment sooner rather than later. I will get any job to start with to ensure we get the EU1 application in as soon as possible. To do this I need to be employed full time in Ireland as this needs to be stated on the application form.

To be honest - we don't have any plans to go onto the UK at this moment in time. Hopefully things will work out over there, I hope so

Post Number:#45  PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011 07:41 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
johnstandy wrote:
However, it's still an entry clearing visa and grants her entry into Ireland. She doesn't technically have to have a visa when she arrives at Dublin but there could have been problems boarding the plane etc. So the duration of the visa is irrelevant, is it not?

I will take the same documents with us to prove we are husband and wife and state that we are going to reside here and I will be exercising my rights under the directive. I will hopefully find employment sooner rather than later. I will get any job to start with to ensure we get the EU1 application in as soon as possible. To do this I need to be employed full time in Ireland as this needs to be stated on the application form.

To be honest - we don't have any plans to go onto the UK at this moment in time. Hopefully things will work out over there, I hope so

Andy

Seems you have everything covered and I hope you and your wife will have an enjoyable trip back to Dublin.

I wish you luck finding quickly a job over there...... and who knows, we maybe meet soon.
Planning to get on a cheap flight with Air Lingus to Dublin and spent a weekend over there soon. I will let you know and if you are free and available we can always go down the Leafy pubs for a drink. I know a pub that stays open 24 hours... [wink.gif]

The UK work scene at the moment is not very nice...... so I don't blame you.

Once the wife gets her Resident Card..... nothing will stop you visiting the UK, whenever you want!

[glad.gif]

PS: I hope you don't forget us and pop in from time to time and let us know your news.

[cheer.gif]

Post Number:#46  PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011 09:21 

Sounds like a plan Wiz. Just let me know when you're coming over the Ireland and we can meet for a drink [drinks.gif]

24 hour pub... [clap.gif]

I will not become a stranger. I will keep everyone updated of the progressions and my experience as without other people posting about there experiences, I wouldn't know what I know today. So a big [thanks.gif] to you guys here.

Post Number:#47  PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011 14:24 

We're in Dublin now.

Wasn't really any problems at immigration at the airport. A few questions, why we are herem how long we staying etc. Immigration officer only granted 1.5 months on here visitor visa, giving her until 12 January 2012.

As far as I am aware, this is irrelevant as we still have the 3 months grace for me to exercise my rights. Hopeful to have a job by then.

Does anyone know if I can I undertake contract work? If so what would the minimum contract length which will be acceptable?

Post Number:#48  PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011 18:30 

johnstandy wrote:
We're in Dublin now.

ImageImageImage

Quote:
Wasn't really any problems at immigration at the airport. A few questions, why we are herem how long we staying etc. Immigration officer only granted 1.5 months on here visitor visa, giving her until 12 January 2012.

As far as I am aware, this is irrelevant as we still have the 3 months grace for me to exercise my rights. Hopeful to have a job by then.

In my opinion you should re-contact the Irish Immigration authorities and explain to them that the immigration officer that granted your wife a 1.5 month stay made a mistake when granting your wife a 1.5 month stay and that is because your wife is entitled to stay for three months.
Once you have clarified the situation with the Immigration authorities ask them to change the stamp in your wife's passport to reflect her rights under the EU Directive 2004/38/EU.

When dealing with the Immigration authorities remember that you catch more flies with Honey than you do with vinegar.

Please Image and read Chapter 5 (Page 10), it is written in normal language.
I would suggest to you to print out the complete document and spend some time familiarising yourself with the relevant parts of the guide.

Quote:
Does anyone know if I can I undertake contract work? If so what would the minimum contract length which will be acceptable?
As long as you are looking for work and you have a reasonable chance of obtaining work then that is all that you really need, again read Chapter 5 Page 10 of the guide and for further clarification click the Image.

Good Luck enjoy your
together.

Lets hope that
does not forget you and brings your missus a Residency Card sooner rather than later.

Post Number:#49  PostPosted: 17 Dec 2011 13:18 

Hi everyone.

Good news. I have found myself a job. It's only a 1 year contract (I'm hoping it will be extended) but it is going to do the job. Just waiting for the contract to come in the post and then will start the process to get my wife her Residence Permit.

Post Number:#50  PostPosted: 17 Dec 2011 16:52 

johnstandy wrote:
Hi everyone.

Good news. I have found myself a job. It's only a 1 year contract (I'm hoping it will be extended) but it is going to do the job. Just waiting for the contract to come in the post and then will start the process to get my wife her Residence Permit.

On getting the job

As far as I am aware the fact that you are actively looking for a job is sufficient for your wife to get the Residency Permit.
From the guide to Directive 2004/38/EC

I am pretty sure that I am right but if I am not I am certain that "wiz" will correct me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next