All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: My Russian adventure and troubles
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012 20:10 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Russia
Times_to_FSU: 10+
I don't have a tourist voucher, no idea what one is, there is a a notice on their website that if you are not staying in a hotel and not staying in Moscow or St Petersburg then they will supply a registration request letter that is detailed to the apartment and landlord where I wish to stay, I have this letter now and next week will know if it works , if not I guess I have 7 days to get registered by a hotel , so I'm not to concerned at this moment, I'm only going for 11 days in total , so if I need to buy 4-5 nights at a hotel it's no big deal .

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012 15:18 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Julian wrote:
I don't have a tourist voucher, no idea what one is, there is a a notice on their website that if you are not staying in a hotel and not staying in Moscow or St Petersburg then they will supply a registration request letter that is detailed to the apartment and landlord where I wish to stay, I have this letter now and next week will know if it works , if not I guess I have 7 days to get registered by a hotel , so I'm not to concerned at this moment, I'm only going for 11 days in total , so if I need to buy 4-5 nights at a hotel it's no big deal .

As you have this letter, I think you will have no problem...... don't forget to smile [wink.gif]

Make sure you do not let the Russian woman .... err.....Tatiana (your wife) to speak on your behalf.

If the officer in OVIR is a woman....... she will give her a hard time, jealousy. You smile and speak to her........ and you will be registered and get your stamp. Get some ENGLISH chocks with you... handy[biggrin.gif]

That was my policy...... never to take Hanna with me, after the first visit and the argument I had with the officer questioning my Business Visa......

Next time went alone......... 30 minutes and I was off...... [biggrin.gif]

When I went for our wedding....... this is a long funny story.

1. I jumped a queue of 50 plus people, sorry sorry sorry........ [embarrased.gif]

2. Went to the window and said "Privet" to my favourite MALE officer. [lol.gif]

3. Told him in English, I am getting married on Saturday (arrived Tuesday) need the stamp.

4 He mattered something ...... and a new window opened and a nice blond officer call me over. [surprised.gif]

5. Passport.. papers, she said and .... I gave her the form and passport .

6. She found the Form not signed by Hanna (she was at school and I went straight there from the airport)

7. Took the form her .... [wink.gif] at her and said.... it's ok while I was sign it..... [surprised.gif]

8 She said something in Ruski ...... a mattering came from the favourite officer..... she took the papers..... and 2 minutes later....... she stamped everything and gave it to me back. [hurrah.gif]

9. Of course I said [thanks.gif] in Rouski..... and also got a box of chocks, (bought it at Heathrow) and asked the Blond to translate...... (I knew she could speak English from the first time.) ans said thank and please take a chock and wish me luck...... I am getting married to a Russian woman!

They all laughed........wish me luck and left to go home very happy.

Hanna had a shock when she saw my immigration form already registered with the stamp! [rolfsmall.gif] [rolfsmall.gif] [rolfsmall.gif]

Finally, I think having seen me several times before and having so many immigrants to process....... they thought better get rid of this idiot......... [yahoo.gif]

Be carefull on the river..... no more acrobatics. [wave.gif]

PS: Hanna is going over next Tuesday.... for 19 days........ [hurrah.gif]

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012 15:34 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Times_to_FSU: 10+
Well i registered with no issue at all, my wife was afraid because of historical problems and tourist visas and staying at private house but, i simply went to local immigration office presented my docs, asked the question could i register at Post office and they said go ahead, no problem !! wow how different to 5 years ago. I did not need the registration request letter from RR, it had no impact at all, nobody asked why i was on tourist visa when i have a wife there or asked me to register via a hotel, so i'm a happy bunny.

Although now there is new registration process, even more forms to complete, 2 of everything and more at Post Office, but its only around 20 minutes work max, the change in the process now is that 3 days before you leave you must again visit PO and de-register, complete more forms, more money , i forgot how much but maybe only 200 pyb and then 2 days after i leave my wife must go again in PO for more signatures !!

Still an easier process than trying to register at the immigration office and queue for ever with hundreds of other immigrants.

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012 10:09 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Julian

Happy to hear the good news .......and wish from now on will continue.

If I remember well, with the last changes on the registration..... I think the de-registration take place in Moscow when you go out! Check it......

Enjoy the time with your wife..... must be very hot there now.

[thumbs.gif]