All times are UTC

Post subject: Back from the Dead, Part two of Tales from the Crypt
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 16:03 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Back from the Dead, Part two of Tales from the Crypt

I came home from my trip to St Petersburg, with empty pockets and totally disillusioned with trying to meet a RW. I decided to hang it up. I was done looking for RW forever. For nearly a year I didn't even think about looking for a woman in Russia. I joined Yahoo Personals and later took a fling on eHarmony. I can recall having a really nice chat with the second woman I met on eHarmony and as we left the restaurant I was glad they had double doors because she needed both the fit her behind through them. I did have some great cantidates on eHarmony but the ones that were really good were all thousands of miles away and not likely to want to relocate. I met a few decent ones on Yahoo, only one of which I could have been serious about but I had a 5 week trip at the wrong time and by the time I came back she was hooked up with someone else.

I was minding my own business and looking only in America when within a one month period I heard from two of the women I had corresponded with in the FSU who were now in America.

The first was Helen who I had waited for and hoped to meet at the Kremlin in Moscow but who did not get my letter in time and we were not able to meet.

Helen had married a guy from San Francisco and they were splitting up. Helen and I talked on the phone for sometime.

I had a trip to the West Coast and we met for a few hours at the Pier in S.F. and had lunch.

A few months later I had another trip to the West Coast and I spent a few days with Helen.

My observations were this. She was everything I ever hoped to find in a RW. She was still totally in love with her husband and probably not ready for another relationship. That her husband had provided a rather good life with his and her Lexus automobiles, a luxury apartment overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and after that living in my burg and my lifestyle probably would not be her cup of tea.

Personally, I think if we had met when I was in Moscow it may have worked out but that she had become used to a lifestyle that I could not give her and there was probably no future with Helen. However I also felt that Helen was the kind of woman I dreamed of meeting and if there was one like her, perhaps finding someone else was not so hopeless. I decided to take another shot at RW.

A few weeks after I heard from Helen, I also heard from Elena.

Elena had married a man from New Hampshire and they too were getting divorced. I always enjoyed Elenas letters. They were always sad and talked about the difficulties of life in Ukriane. I never saw her as the woman for me but I did see her as a nice woman.

I went for a visit and went back over New Years and spent more time with her. She was complaining about making very little money and that rent there was so high that it would cost her more for rent than she made. I told her I had an empty small house that she could live in rent free if she wanted and any kind of job would give her enough spending money to survive. I told her than the house would be a big come down from her new home overlooking a private lake but she wanted to try it.

The story is a long one but she never asked questions about the house and in retrospect that was a big mistake since when she saw it she didn't like it. So I moved from my house to another I was working on and let her live in that house but she didn't like it either. My secretary lived two blocks away and since one of the things she didn't like was the shower and tub at my house my secretary offered to let her use her bathroom.

Elena would spend 3-4 hours a day in her bathroom and she and her kids would be going crazy for need of it. A month later Elena moved back to N. H. My secretary was happy.

Elena later found me on RWD and complained like crazy. I thought one of the funny things was that one of the complaints Elena had about her husband was there was too much age gap. He just wanted to sit around at night, watch tv and drink martinis. Elena was interested in me and I was actually about a dozen years older than her former husband.

Anyway, I decided to resume my search for a RW. I checked in with European Connections and signed up for their Kiev, Vinittsa, Moscow tour in October 2004.

Make comments for this thread at: http://www.russianworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=721

Post subject: Re: Back from the Dead, Part two of Tales from the Crypt
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 16:37 
Veteran Member

Back on Tour

I decided to go full tilt for finding the right RW. I was signed up for the tour with EC. At the time AFA had a deal where they would sell you a listing so when women inquired about their services they were sent your profile along with others using the service. I signed up for that. I tried a brief fling with Global Ladies but that seemed like a rip off. I found a few free sites and wrote some ladies from that.

Off I went for my third European Connections tour. The group was rather diverse. One older but nice looking guy was a college professor and an inventor. He said he invented a toothpaste that would cure gingivitis. That Colgate had bought the patent but pressure from the medical field made them scale it back and what was left of his work was now Colgate Total.

He was running around with some of the hottest young women you could ever find and insisted on giving them IQ tests since they would be hanging out with college professors and other intellectuals and she needed to be very intelligent.

Another of the guys I became friends with was GW who would not tell anyone his age and carried a photo album with pictures of his mansion, his rolls, the servants quarters in his house. His private airstrip and plane etc.

There was one young guy who was very short and very round and he seemed to have been very disappointed with his acceptance. Dave, who was a younger, nice looking guy and a guy from Southern California who owned a storage facility designed like a mid evil castle with the facitily named "Sir Cram a Lot"

Make comments for this thread at: http://www.russianworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=721

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 17:54 
Veteran Member

Kiev - During Orange revolution

Kiev was a most interesting place. The Orange Revolution was in full swing. Thousands of tents filled Krashatik Ave. I am sure the part of the name that said "Revolution" scared off a few who might have joined us on the trip.

At the Kiev socials a girl named Anna interested me the most. Anna was a very attractive blond but plain looking in a way. With a little help from photoshop and a talented photograper she could turn out some great photos however and later I saw her on the list of Elena's most popular girls.

Anna was playing me against Dave and visa versa. I knew that but Dave didn't. Basically Anna would see me every other day and Dave in between. We would all sit around at breakfast comparing notes and I could easily tell from Dave's comments about Anna that we were working on the same woman but I kept my mouth shut. I saw Anna several times. We went to the opera and to dinner. She was nice to be with but it never went beyond a kiss on the cheek stage.

We were off for one night in Vinittsa. The social in Vinittsa was in a small room and we were like sardines in a can but there were lots of women. I invited a tall brunette with a Julia Roberts smile out to dinner. We ate, and danced and seemed to get along fine. In the morning we returned to Kiev. When I got back the interpreter and the girl from Kiev called me. She wanted to see me again and said if I wired her $ 200.00 to pay for the car the interpreter and she would come to Kiev. The interpreter would stay with friends and the lady would stay with me. I sent the $ 200.00 and cancelled my date with Anna reluctantly. I tried to move it back a day but that was Dave's day. Well, that was $ 200.00 down the drain and a blown chance to spend more time with Anna since they never showed.

In talking with GW, the guy with the photo album he mentioned he was planning to come back to Kiev in a month or so and since things were going well with Anna, I said I might come along if he wanted. Well, after I canceled that one date Anna seemed to lose interest and it was about time to head for Moscow.

Moscow was uneventful. I met a few nice ladies but not any that really captured my fancy. Tour number 3 was about over and since Anna sort of fizzled out it had been pretty much a waste.

When I got back home, GW called me and I agreed to go to Kiev in November. In the meantime all my efforts with writing had created a few interesting prospects. One was a lady from Nizhny-Novgorod who responded to my AFA listing with an SMS that simply said "I am Luda from Nizhny-Novgorod, Write me" I didn't even know what an SMS was at that time but I wrote and she was frequently sending me SMS messages.

I went back through my photos from the Kiev Social and picked out one who was very tall but very pretty. Since I was going back to Kiev with GW I wrote her and asked if she would like to see me. She wrote back that she would love to.

I also contacted Lena from Donetsk who worked in a travel agency and I asked her if I paid for her transportation could she meet me for a weekend in Kiev. She too responded yes. I had my meetings set for my next trip.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 18:25 
Veteran Member

A month later I was back in Kiev

My plans were to spend a few days with the tall blond. Then Lena was coming in for two days and then a few more with the tall blond.

The tall blond lived a few hours bus ride from Kiev. My friend and interpreter Nat and I met her at the bus station. She wanted to stop in the Cafe there. We did and she wanted Vodka and insisted I get some as well. It was 11 AM which is earlier than I would want to start drinking. I left mine sit and she was upset because she didn't like to drink alone.

We left the cafe and she said she was ashamed of her boots because they had a very small and unnoticeable crack on the side and wanted to know if I would buy her new boots so she was not ashamed to be with me. I was stupid enough to not know what boots cost there. I had bought boots right before I left in WalMart for 20 bucks. The next thing I know we are in the underground shopping center at the end of Krashatik and she is looking at boots that cost $ 400-500.00. I had felt since she was taking time off work something to make up for it might be nice but I had expected something more in the $ 100-150 range. Nat took me aside and asked if I really wanted to buy her $ 400+ boots. I said no and she relayed the message. We killed some time and took her back to the bus station. Nat asked if I really wanted to see her again or what the plans would be and I said, I think I would rather not see her again and that was the end of the tall blond.

I had reservations for Lena at the hotel Dnepro. I told her I would meet her in the lobby there on Saturday morning. Lena arrived about on time. She had dark hair and looked just like her photos. She was young, very slender with a figure like a telephone pole. She was attractive but would never win a beauty contest, still to me she was very attractive.

Lena and I went off exploring Kiev. She was very pleasant to be with. One of the things I noticed that impressed me was that she would never pass one of the old babushkas in the stairs without putting some change in their cups. She struck me as being a kind and warm person. We went to the Lavra and to the symphony and she was very warm and affectionate. I liked her a lot and she was definitely someone I could be interested in. The next day we spent as much of the day as we could together and then it was time for her to return to her city.

GW and I hit a few agencies the next day. I actually didn't know there was such a thing and found it interesting. Neither of us set up any meetings however. We finished off the last few days in Kiev without a lot happening. I was thinking a lot about Lena and considered her a great candidate.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 18:33 
Veteran Member

Nizhny-Novgorod - Russia

I returned home. The SMS messages from Luda in N. Novogorod were continuing hot and heavy. Sometimes 5 a day, sometimes 10 sometimes more. She seemed funny, sweet and clever and I was very intrigued with her. She asked me to come there and meet her. I agreed. Now, keep this in mind. At the time I agreed, I had not seen a photo of her. I had no idea how old she was or anything about her physically. She could be 60 years old and fat for all I knew but I was buying plane tickets to go meet her.

My thoughts were I would go there and meet her. If that worked out fine and otherwise I was heading for Donetsk to make a serious effort with Lena.

Luda seemed to be the one person who had potential other than Lena and I was going probably just to eliminate her. A few weeks before my departure Luda got a friend to take some photos and email them to me. She was beautiful.

It was January 2005. Off I went to N. Novgorod. Unfortunately my bags did not make it all the way. When I got to Moscow the flight I was booked on to N. Novgorod did not exist. The Aeroflot people had a horrendous line and they didn't really care if I got where I was going or not.

An American who lived in Moscow and spoke Russian came to my aid and I had to go to DME but got a flight to N.N. He also called Luda ................................View of Nizhny-Novgorod and the Volga River.
to tell her about my problems.

I don't know what I would have done without him. I was very relieved to be on that plane.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 19:07 
Veteran Member

Nizhny-Novgorod

I arrived in Nizhny-Novgorod and Luda was there to meet me holding a red rose. She was every bit as pretty as her photo. She was with Dima who was going to be our interpreter. Luda told me they were old school friends ealry in our meeting and later said she didn't know him but saw an ad for his services in a newspaper. We went off bagless to the apartment she had arranged for me.

The 5 days in N. Novgorod were wonderful. Luda was sweet, friendly, romantic, warm and fun to be with. We went touring and dancing. One time we went to a restaurant, she looked at the prices and marched me out the door. We went to another restaurant, looked at the prices and marched me out the door.
The third restaurant was a winner. ............................................The Kremlin, Nizhny-Novgorod.

One night we went dancing. The car picked us up at the club and took us to my apartment and waited to take Luda home. I offered her money for the taxi. I handed her 500 roubles and she handed it back and said it was too much, give her 200. I thought back to the many women who were out for every penny and I thought to myself. This is one honest woman. In Reality, she is honest about money but not about other things.

Dima, on the other hand was ripping me off right and left. Fortunately the last few days we saw little of Dima and communicated ourselves. I was glad to be rid of him.

My 5 days in N. Novgorod were wonderful. We saw a lot of the city, went dancing a few times and really seemed to be happy together. She had a wonderful personality and was a bit shy which can sometimes be attractive. I can recall trying to take her photo at dinner and she crawled under the table to avoid having her photo taken. I never did ask her how old she was.

I returned to America thinking I would go back in March for a longer visit and take paperwork with me. I was going to forget about Lena in Donetsk and make all my efforts towards Luda.

The SMS messages continued hot and heavy. I told her around the first of March that I would bring Fiancee visa paperwork when I came back at the end of the month. Her response was simply two words. "Why wait? " She seemed so wonderful I decided not to wait. I sent her the paperwork by DHL and we filed for a K-1 visa.

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 20:52 
Veteran Member

Nizhny-Novgorod

I have met Dr. Jekyll, now lets meet Mr Hyde

Shortly after my first trip to meet Luda I visited a small forum I had found on freepersonals.ru. It wasn't very busy but I had never thought about there being forums for people interested in RW even tough I had participated in forums on other topics. It really was slow there and the guys there were not really to with it. I received a PM from someone named Dan who told me he was starting a new forum, RWD, and invited me to join. I did and became one of the very early members of that forum which really helped me. The guys there were much more experienced and really knew their stuff. It was great to be able to kick around ideas with others.

The K-1 visa paperwork was off as quickly as I could get it done. I believe March 4, 2005. On Valentines day I sent her flowers which were very expensive of course and for Woman's Day I sent her a cake and stuffed animal. I was doing my best to do everything right.

I had told Luda I would come back in late March and stay through her birthday and we planned to spend time in Moscow and then take a train to N.N. I had my good friend and former EC interpreter Alla arrange an apartment for us. I had also talked to a very helpful guy from the forum named Jet whose wife was also from N.N. Alla agreed to give Luda some English lessons. They spend about 4 hours together while I rested and then Alla took me aside and said "She is a very strange girl" "She says you never do anything romantic for her so perhaps you should buy her some flowers." I thought what in the world is she talking about. I sent her nice presents for the two holidays and right now we have been together for only a few hours and I don't do anything romantic for her? A few hours later we were walking and I bought her some flowers. She got upset and made me throw them away.

Luda said she did not believe in Russia's registration process and since she was going to be in Moscow for over three days she is supposed to register but since she didn't want to do that we would not go anywhere that she could be caught, so we mostly just stayed near our apartment. I had brought a fairly expensive digital camera for her as a Birthday present and give it to her early so she could use it on our trip. She did seem to like that.

Her mood for most of the trip was not good. She complained about everything I did. There was 3 feet of snow in Moscow so I was wearing jeans and she complained that she had wanted a man with more class. Every thing I did was wrong. A few days later she said she thought we should cancel the K-1 visa application. I agreed. We went to N. N. by train. In the photos of Luda and I together her face looked like she had the worst case of hemorrhoids in history. In photos of her with her mother and cousin she had a the biggest smile you could imagine.

About 4 days before my trip ended Dr. Jekyll came back. Luda turned into the sweet, affectionate person she had been on my first visit. Jet's wife was in N. N. when we were there and Luda and she chatted on the phone. The night before I was to leave Luda said it was too bad we had canceled our K-1 because she thought we should be together.

Well, I am not sure how she thought I had cancelled since I had been with her non stop and we had done nothing but to agree to cancel it. She wanted to go ahead with it and I hoped that perhaps the evil side was just some fluke thing and I agreed not to cancel it.

I headed home a little confused and concerned. After I got home, Jet called me and said that Liliya, his wife had found Luda to be a very strange girl. I had to agree but I hope the real Luda was the one from the first trip.

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 21:13 
Veteran Member

Nizhny-Novgorod

In late May and early June, I made another trip. We spent most of our time in N.N. Luda was better on this trip. Not quite the girl I had met on the first trip nor quite the monster I met on the second. In general we had a nice enough time. We went dancing, to picnics and hung out with her friend Svetlana. Luda did say at one point in time I should marry Svetlana who was not particularly attractive but probably was a whole lot higher quality with the inner qualities.

Our visa application was moving smoothly. We expected a date for the interview to be posted soon.

I returned home a little more comfortable but still concerned. Our plans were that when we got our date for the interview I would come a few days ahead, we would arrange to pick up the visa at the DHL office, go back to N.N. and get her stuff and let her say her goodbyes and come back to America together.

I returned home and soon our interview date was on the schedule. July 29th. Just a little under 6 months from the time we applied. I had spent a lot of time on Visa Journey during the process and the fiancee of one of my friends from there, SpaDude from Reno had her interview set as the same day as Luda. I told him I would look for her. He did not plan to go with her.

Concert Hall in the Kremlin at Nizhny Novgorod

The Nizhny Novgorod shopping mall

Street scene at Nizhny Novgorod

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 08 Apr 2010 14:01 
Veteran Member

Moscow for the interview - 29 July 2005

I headed off for Moscow a few days before the interview.

I remember looking at the seat next to me and thinking how wonderful it would be that when I made my return trip from Moscow that Luda would be at my side and we would be starting what I was sure would be a wonderful life together.

I had reservations at the Ukraina hotel which was within walking distance of the American Embassy. I arrived in Moscow before Luda, checked into the hotel and later walked to the metro/train station where I was to meet Luda.

As I approached the station three policemen stopped me. They didn't speak any English but I could tell from the motions they were accusing me of being drunk. The looked at my papers and hastled me for a while. I just smiled and nodded and when they couldn't communicate to me that they wanted a bribe they finally just gave my passport back and sent me on my way.

Luda arrived and we walked back to the hotel. We walked along the river that night, walked to the Embassy to see where it was, how to get there and where the fiancee entrance was. The next day we went to Gorky Park. Luda was in a strange mood. I guess the best way to describe it was she had an attitude. I can't really find the right words to describe it but something between arrogant and haughty. I hoped she would lose the attitude when she went for the visa but I have a feeling she did not.

I had planned to spend the evening before the interview going over questions they might ask that I had printed from the VisaJourney website but one guy on RWD advised me not to do that since it might make her feel pressured and that after having spent about 6 weeks together at that point she should know most of the things they would ask. I decided to follow that advice which probably was a mistake.

We arrived at the embassy the next morning. We were a little early but she got in line and at 7:45 went into the embassy. Jet had told me about a cafe right down the street and I thought about going but I was too nervous to really want to drink coffee or anything. I just stood outside the embassy and waited. As far as I could tell I was the only fiancee there waiting. I thought I might have spotted one more but while I was waiting his party came out and it was his parents. About 10:30 Luda and SpaDudes fiancee came out of the embassy. Luda broke the news to me. She did not get the visa. SpaDudes fiancee fared much better.

USA Embassy - Moscow

Luda said the C/O had been mean. He first asked if she wanted the interview in Russian or English. She said Russian to which he replied that he could do the interview in Russian but if he did he would deny the visa so she elected English.

Speaking English is not a requirement for a visa and if he did say that it would have been improper. He then asked how many times we had met. She answered 4 times. He asked when she had seen me last. She replied I was outside. He then asked my home address. She didn't know. He asked what my phone number was. She didn't know. He asked how many kids I had. She replied two. He asked their names. This was my fault but in conversation I had always just said my son did this or my daughter did this and never did mention their names to her and she replied that she did not know.

He told her, Visa denied! He gave her a 221-G slip, which is an intent to deny and sent her on her way. SpaDudes fiancee was next, she waited as she was approved and came out to break the news to me.

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 08 Apr 2010 14:18 
Veteran Member

Visa approved - Luda comes to USA

A 221-G which as the title intent to deny can have any number of reasons. Ours stated we had failed to prove a relationship. You have 60 days to submit additional proof or the 221-G will turn into a denial and the file is returned to the USA.

Before the interview, Luda with her attitude seemed to not care that much, once it was denied she panicked and wanted it badly. It seems to be her nature that if she doesn't have something she wants it badly and once she has something she loses interest.

Atlanta Airport Terminal......................

A week later Luda's passport arrived in N. N. with the visa attached. :D

I returned to the USA alone and we both worked to assemble additional proof of our relationship. I went to see my congressman and asked for his help. He wrote the embassy. I put together a large packet of additional info and faxed it off to the embassy a few weeks after my return.

I made reservations for her to fly. N.N. to Moscow to Atlanta to Pittsburgh. I flew to Atlanta to meet her. One advantage of doing that was it had me on the passenger side of the airport so I could meet her when she came off the plane.

I pictured her getting off the plane and giving me a big kiss but when she came off the plane she hardly said hello and was asking if we could help an older RW who didn't speak English find her plane.

We then flew to Pittsburgh to start our life together.

....................Pittsburgh International Airport Terminal