All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: interpreter, translator and travel assiatnt all over Ukr
Post Number:#21  PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011 10:32 

Her/His Country: Ukraine
Times_to_FSU: Live there
the ladies are active in the Western part of Ukraine.
in comparison to the population in the west is not big like like in Kiev, Kharkov, Odessa and other cities. if in Kiev there are about 3-4 million people. Kharkiv 2 million people.
let's say in Chernovtsy it is about 250,000 people. Ivano-Frankivsk over 200,000 people.
also i think the important factor is that Wetern Ukraine is close to Europe. many ladies travelled to Spain, Italy, Portugal and found their soulmates in these countries.

Post Number:#22  PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011 11:06 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
interpreter27 wrote:
also i think the important factor is that Wetern Ukraine is close to Europe. many ladies travelled to Spain, Italy, Portugal and found their soulmates in these countries.

Do you really think this is true? How are they meeting these Mediterranean guys as I'm not sure residents of Western Ukraine find it any easier to obtain a tourist visa than residents in other areas.

Post Number:#23  PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011 11:09 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
I had no problem meeting young flowers in Lviv despite my 60 years of age......
Very reserved and secretive but when they get to know you...... all OK. [wink.gif]

Just for your information those years was a bus service from Lviv to London and all the best flowers can be found living in Harringay, Poplar North London and Sussex gardens and Bayswater in central. Most of course illegals but still very beautiful! [biggrin.gif]

Vinnvinny

Lviv has direct flights to Luton, Germany and Italy......... and they do find the way for a Visa! [wink.gif]

Remember the Polish borders.... not far away.......... and the boys... for a big fee know the way!

I met one of them... tell you the story later on the thread about funny stories from the krypt... Turbo started. [wave.gif]

Post Number:#24  PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011 15:51 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
I was corresponding with a woman from Lviv right before meeting Mrs Shadow.
She worked for a subsidiary of an European car manufacturer (German IP [wink.gif] ) and knew her way around itne internet pretty well.
As Western Ukraine is close to a number of EU countries, investors have ventured in to the region which gives the women more direct opportunities.

Post Number:#25  PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011 21:34 
Veteran Member

Tell me more boys. Are these Western Ukraine girls (shall we call them WUK'ies?) as slim and pretty as the ladies of Kharkov, Odessa and Nikoaev?

[glad.gif]

Post Number:#26  PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011 06:32 

Her/His Country: INDIA
What should a Medical Interpreter major in? I just graduated from highschool and I want to become a Medical Interpreter. I am attending a community college for my basics but i want to get my associates in something that will benefit me with becoming a medical interpreter. I dont want to major in something that is going to be useless i guess. So should i major in spanish?

Post Number:#27  PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011 20:52 
Veteran Member

kadneera wrote:
What should a Medical Interpreter major in? I just graduated from highschool and I want to become a Medical Interpreter. I am attending a community college for my basics but i want to get my associates in something that will benefit me with becoming a medical interpreter. I dont want to major in something that is going to be useless i guess. So should i major in spanish?

It's a good question. Much better than my ignorant question which is "What is a Medical Interpreter?"

Post Number:#28  PostPosted: 20 Apr 2011 17:22 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ

wiz,

You moved my post into the rubbish bin because you thought that I insinuated that Ukrainian women are gorillas.
You were wrong. I did not insinuate anything about Ukrainian women I was expanding on Vinny's post.
Vinnvinny wrote:
Tell me more boys. Are these Western Ukraine girls (shall we call them WUK'ies?) as slim and pretty as the ladies of Kharkov, Odessa and Nikoaev?
[glad.gif]

Now I have to educate you [rambling.gif]

From Wikipedia
Wookiee
Quote:
Physical characteristics
Adult Wookiees are typically taller than most humans, averaging 2.1 meters (6'11"). They possess enormous strength; Solo states that his friend Chewbacca can pull a man's arms out of his sockets if angered. Wookiees have a keen sense of smell, are fully covered with a thick coat of hair, have good hand-eye coordination and are shown to be excellent marksmen. Chewbacca is shown in such diverse planets and moons as Hoth, Tatooine and Endor, never requiring any type of environmental protective clothing. Wookiees have a lifespan of several hundred years.

Behavior
Wookiees are devoted, loyal friends and are very distrustful of strangers.[4] Life debt is sacred to Wookiees. Despite a fearsome appearance and temperamental disposition, Wookiees are shown to be very intelligent and have a command of complicated technology. Chewbacca is co-pilot and performs maintenance on the starship Millennium Falcon. He had a basic knowledge of robotics, haphazardly re-assembling the blasted-apart droid C-3PO. Wookiees are fast learners; Chewbacca commandeers an Imperial AT-ST during the Battle of Endor and is shown effectively maneuvering the machine and operating its weapons systems. They are masters of fusion-cutting.

Wookiees greatly value morality, courage, compassion and loyalty. A sacred and ancient Wookiee tradition is that of the honor family. An honor family comprises a Wookiee's closest friends and companions. These family members pledge a commitment to lay down their lives for one another, as well as members of any honor families these individuals may have. Like the similarly sacred Wookiee life debt, Wookiees extend this tradition to members outside their species. Chewbacca considered Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, their children, and Luke Skywalker part of his honor family.

Again from Wikipedia a photo of Chewbacca Image

I accept that you thought that I was making a derogatory post about Ukrainian women and you were right to move that post but now you know better. [yahoo.gif]

Post Number:#29  PostPosted: 20 Apr 2011 18:06 
Veteran Member

I'll tone down my wordplay Ras if it's going to start getting people into trouble and start a Galactic Civil War. I figured everyone knew about Wookiee's. [embarrased.gif]