All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: interpreter, translator and travel assiatnt all over Ukr
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011 16:56 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Ukraine/Holland
RW_here_since: 04-december-2008
Times_to_FSU: Lost count in 2010
Vinnvinny wrote:
Save for a couple of exceptions, I try to avoid ladies I cant talk to.

The above are example cities.

I thought the same, yet when I met Lena (my wife) for the first time, The only english she spoke was in a short "travel" dictionary for russians abroad.

Now that was an interesting week (noted elsewhere on this board).

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011 17:03 

Her/His Country: Ukraine
Times_to_FSU: Live there
Wiz, is right here. i can say also that there are many guys who travel for dating mostly ladies from Central, Southern and Easter part of Ukraine but not much the West like Ivano-Frankivsk, Lviv, Chernivtsi, Khmelnytskyy and others.

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011 20:19 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

RW_here_since: June 2008
Times_to_FSU: Lots
interpreter27 wrote:
Wiz, is right here. i can say also that there are many guys who travel for dating mostly ladies from Central, Southern and Easter part of Ukraine but not much the West like Ivano-Frankivsk, Lviv, Chernivtsi, Khmelnytskyy and others.

I have been saying for ages on various boards that guys should be looking to these parts rather than the more well trodden areas and larger cities of the FSU.

Point - Shoot - Drawn = Instant Floor Plans

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 16 Jan 2011 01:28 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
Markje wrote:
Vinnvinny wrote:
Save for a couple of exceptions, I try to avoid ladies I cant talk to.

The above are example cities.

I thought the same, yet when I met Lena (my wife) for the first time, The only english she spoke was in a short "travel" dictionary for russians abroad.

Now that was an interesting week (noted elsewhere on this board).

I appreciate that some guys can do it and some cant. Maybe its an age thing and the older we get the less tolerance we can allow for?

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 16 Jan 2011 02:58 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Chris wrote:
interpreter27 wrote:

I have been saying for ages on various boards that guys should be looking to these parts rather than the more well trodden areas and larger cities of the FSU.

Did anybody listen to you? [wink.gif]

What do you know for anybody to take your advice? [lol.gif] [lol.gif] [lol.gif]

Vinnvinny

You know and everybody else know too that starting and building a relationship requires a lot of patience and good communication. Mark did it and worked for him, many others too but ask him now with high-insight.... would he do it again?

Well in my mind I would have never started any relationship with any one, how ever attractive or beautiful with out direct communication.

Maybe it's me, or maybe it's my previous experience mingling with tourists, specially women on the island where I lived when I was young..... Corfu! [biggrin.gif]

Post subject: West of Ukraine
Post Number:#16  PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011 22:11 

Times_to_FSU: I live there
Chris wrote:
There are few women interested in international dating there. Actually not just international. As I use local free dating sites as part of my work (some of my clients look for women this way, avoiding agencies) I notice very few women from the West of Ukraine. I once tried to analyze women’s activity and that is what I got:

1 2 3 4
Kiev >10000 4469200 0.224%
Odessa 3813 2395500 0.159%
Dnepropetrovsk 3712 3422900 0.108%
Donetsk 3699 4580600 0.081%
Harkov 2930 2812100 0.104%
Crimea 2801 2356300 0.119%
Lugansk 1701 2381900 0.071%
Zaporojye 1412 1846900 0.076%
Lvov 1230 2568400 0.048%
Nikolayev 852 1211900 0.070%
Poltava 794 1540500 0.052%
Vinnitsa 518 1686500 0.031%
Cherkassy 511 1328000 0.038%
Herson 489 1117100 0.044%
Sumy 467 1211400 0.039%
Chernigov 410 1151900 0.036%
Rovno 348 1154400 0.030%
Jitomir 346 1317100 0.026%
Hmelnitskiy 311 1361400 0.023%
Ivano-Frankovsk 280 1385400 0.020%
Kirovograd 263 1053100 0.025%
Chernovtsy 252 906300 0.028%
Volyn (Lutsk) 251 103800 0.242%
Ternopol 222 1105400 0.020%
Zakarpatye (Ujgorod) 161 1243800 0.013%

Legend:

1.Area
2. The total number of women from the area that were listed on the dating web site for that moment (2008.03.17)
3. Population of the area (both rural and urban)
4. Ratio between the above two (activity)

How did I do that? I simply run search for women in an area (I do not remember the age gap; I believe I searched for all ages) and saw how many women were there in the results. Then I looked up the population of the same area and divided the results by the population to get activity per capita. (I could have simply sorted by the number of women found but I wanted it to be more accurate as some areas are less populated, especially in the west actually). I realize that this is not an accurate representation and this approach does not take into account a lot of factors; nevertheless one can make one’s conclusions.

This analysis shows that (with the exception of Lvov) women from west Ukrainian areas are not overly active dating online. I have no idea about offline dating but if I wanted to date a girl from the West online it looks like it would be much tougher than finding one from the East, South or center of Ukraine. Partly this is caused by fewer people at all living in the western areas but my approach taking this into account shows that this is not the only reason. Women are just less active there.

And, in fact, it is not just women. Not only dating. I run a board of old time car fans. We have several hundred members. Most of them are from Kiev, Harkov and other eastern areas. Very few are from the West. Mind you, nearly all of them are men, so this is quite different. Yet the same pattern: people are less active online in the West. Whether it is due to bad internet connection or people being less computer savvy, less active in life generally, I am not quite sure. But this is what we have.

So going west may be an option but it might turn out more complicated than elsewhere in Ukraine.

Post subject: Re: West of Ukraine
Post Number:#17  PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011 22:32 
Veteran Member

Interesting post Stirlitz. Just thinking out load but do the have electricity in the west?

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011 15:40 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
interpreter27 wrote:
Shadow, when did you get married to a lady from Moscow?
i just experss you my thoughts from my experience.
in big cities there are plenty of work and ladies can make money there.
they know all the dating system quite well already.
in smaller city there is ecomonic factor i would say. i believe there are more chances to find a woman from smaller city. but i do not say there are no scammers and gold-diggers in these cities and towns.
Interpreter27

If you read this post, you are implying men should look for women with less money who do not know a lot about dating.... [surprised.gif]

I met Mrs Shadow in 2005, got married in 2008 thanks to Dutch laws not demanding marriage within a limited time frame.

When looking for a partner, the main thing to do is find someone who does not admire your location or wallet, but who admires you as a person.
Sure in small cities where people need less money to live a foreigner (or a native living in the capital) would attract more attention, however it also attracts a higher level of risk.
Not saying that women in smaller cities are all worse or more desparate, but it can be a factor in the equation. And you have to wonder, if you need this factor, will the marriage last when the woman manages to become independent in life.

Post Number:#19  PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011 22:26 
Veteran Member

Shadow wrote:
When looking for a partner, the main thing to do is find someone who does not admire your location or wallet, but who admires you as a person.

As my location is not so hot and my wallet no so heavy then I have to rely on my looks, personality and wit.

........ I am still single. [sad.gif]

Post subject: Re: West of Ukraine
Post Number:#20  PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011 10:01 

Times_to_FSU: I live there
Vinnvinny wrote:
Interesting post Stirlitz. Just thinking out load but do the have electricity in the west?
They sure do. Both electricity and computers, and cars, and cell phones, and everything else the rest of Ukraine has. Yet for some reasons they are less active online. I do not know why. And there are fewer of them than in the other areas. Which, together, means that meeting a person from the western areas online is less likely and easy than someone from the eastern or central ones.