All times are UTC

Post subject: Ural Airlines
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 16 May 2011 15:59 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Russia
Times_to_FSU: 10+
Anybody know how to book flights with Ural Airlines, their website dont work

We want direct flights from Domodedovo to Atlanya Turkey June 4 to 14 or 15 , website shows flights and speaking with a travel agent colleague he reckons they are not full but he also cannot book, any idea's, now their office is closed and i cannot call, hopefully tomorrow my wife can.

But is this company reliable to use ??

All Turkish airlines full, this is the last resort or take a charter flight with a Russian package tour wich i am trying to avoid, i want to organise own flights and hotel, unless somebody can recomend a good Russian hotel in Antalya where they almost give acceptable service to non Russians !!! my experience in the past with companys such as TEZ tour etc is very mixed and the Hotels always 5 Star lobbys and 1 Star rooms + service.

Post subject: Re: Ural Airlines
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 16 May 2011 18:51 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Julian,

Try ANYWAYANYDAY.COM.

They offer different ways to pay.
The options according to the website are:
  • pay for tickets by Visa or MasterCard
  • make a reservation
  • Pay in cash in Euroset or Svyaznoy shops (in Russia) or via iBox terminals (in Ukraine)

The bottom line is that the cheapest flight to Antalya (according to the ANYWAYANYDAY web site departs from Sheremetyevo (also known as Shittytevo) flying with Aeroflot (also known as Aeroflop) and not from Domodedovo (also know as Dumbdovo) and there is a transfer in Istanbul.

Hope This Helps

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 18 May 2011 00:00 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Thanks for info Ras

Ural flight is only Charter so cannot book, my wife managed to get through to them on the phone.

Wanted to try and get independent flights and hotels, but there is nothing in June unless you want several transfers and big costs, so i had to bow to pressure and book an inclusive Russian Package Tour and my wife gets direct flight to Turkystan from Samara . I just hope they prove me wrong for once and i have an enjoyeable holiday, my wife just dosn't understand why i get so frustrated and upset with incompetence and bad service in Russian only hotels , she says the service is normal , think she needs to look up the term service in the dictionary - yes poor service is normal for Russians or people who have lived in a cave all their lifes but not for me or most from the West.

i never understand the average Russian , they must work so hard and save so much to afford a family holiday and they accept average holidays and food and i am sure they pay 20-30% more than us for a similar deal, Russia is a rip off , this time i told my wifes tour agent the deal i wanted and expected from them or i would take my business elsewhere and i would not accept the hotels they where offering and claimed are fanatstic despite having terrible reputations amongst European visitors and they actually came up with something similar to a Euro package and a better list of acceptable hotels, no way could my wife have done this, she would not know if the deal she was being offered was good or bad as in typical Russian style she just believes what she is told my a fellow Roosky which is usually not quite true. I said i would never go to Turkey again and i'm on my way in 2 weeks !! never say never , only going because its easy with no visa and short flights for my wife, just hope this time i am proved wrong and can see Turkey in a positive light.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 18 May 2011 01:40 
Expert Member

RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Julian wrote:
my wife just dosn't understand why i get so frustrated and upset with incompetence and bad service in Russian only hotels

I'll second you comment about Russian tourist class hotels usually being of poor service as I witnessed this in St. Petersburg recently (when we switch to the Holiday Inn, it was like night and day), but the best was a hotel in Sochi where they did not feel a need to keep the room stocked in toilet paper [sad.gif] .

Lucky for me, my finacee gets more upset than myself when she runs into such service...

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 18 May 2011 04:59 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
wicheese wrote:
Lucky for me, my finacee gets more upset than myself when she runs into such service...
Lucky for me that my wife........ let's me do all our arrangements without a word or comment........ and now after so many trips around Europe...... she knows what it's good or bad service! [hurrah.gif]

Julian

The Russian companies pay more for hotel accommodation because unlike the British or other European Tour operators insist to work on "Allotman" contracts instead of "Guaranteed" ones.

Enjoy your holiday!

[drinks.gif]

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 18 May 2011 17:35 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Julian wrote:
my wife just dosn't understand why i get so frustrated and upset with incompetence and bad service in Russian only hotels , she says the service is normal ,
The first time that I went with Alla to Moscow (Visa run). we arranged a hotel through a Russian travel agent.
The look on Alla's face when we arrived at the hotel was worth a million dollars, her comment was "I am embarrassed".

If I may be honest the room was that bad that I would not have let a stray dog live under such conditions.

So it does take something to be really bad, but if it is bad enough (in my experience) even a Russian will baulk.

Quote:
think she needs to look up the term service in the dictionary - yes poor service is normal for Russians or people who have lived in a cave all their lifes but not for me or most from the West.
It is almost impossible to find such a dictionary (in Russia).
To find such a dictionary your missus will have to experience the level of service that is acceptable in Western Europe.

I hope that you enjoy this visit to Turkey.