All times are UTC

Post subject: Visa Changes for Americans to Russia
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 30 May 2011 20:30 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Visa Changes for Americans to Russia

Russia and the United States are likely to sign an agreement within the next two months to ease rules for the issue of three-year, multi entry visas on both sides, U.S. Ambassador John Beyrle said on Friday, Interfax reported.

The deal would also reduce charges for visas, Beyrle said, speaking on Ekho Moskvy radio.

He said Presidents Barack Obama and Dmitry Medvedev have ordered talks on softer visa rules to wrap up as soon as possible.

30 May 2011 (Moscow Times)

Post subject: news about RU-USA visa for 3 years
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 06 Jun 2011 21:38 

Her/His Country: DK/RU
Times_to_FSU: 8
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110527/164277910.html

I don't know if there is any american here, but good news for them.

Viking

Post subject: Re: Visa Changes for Americans to Russia
Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011 14:37 
Expert Member

RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Times_to_FSU: 10+
viking wrote:
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110527/164277910.html

I don't know if there is any american here, but good news for them.

Viking

I know both myself and Turbo are Americans. Anyways, this is great news as I don't mind getting a Visa, but it certainly would be nice having the chance for getting one for 3 years.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011 19:40 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Yep, I am an American too but I do think there is a lilkelyhood that I will never go back to Russia. Truthfully I have been there more than enough times that I won't miss it and would rather go where I have never been, even better yet if that is someplace with nice beaches.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 08 Jun 2011 21:14 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

well i will welcome this change, as i will be travelling often to America in the near future and hope that i can take my wife regularly there too. For me this is very good timing as we have just bought a property in Florida.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011 10:07 
Admin

Investors Cheer Visa, WTO Progress

Moscow Times 17 June 2011

Participants attending the St. Petersburg forum on Thursday.
The U.S. ambassador won spontaneous applause when he announced new visa rules.

ST. PETERSBURG — In a significant easing of visa rules, U.S. and Russian citizens will soon be able to secure three-year multiple-entry visas and will not need to secure visa invitations, U.S. Ambassador John Beyrle said Thursday.

Beyrle’s announcement and buoyant optimism about Russia joining the World Trade Organization this year gave investors much to cheer about at the opening of the three-day St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.

Beyrle won spontaneous applause when he announced at a Russia-U.S. business session that the major travel liberalization between both countries was just three weeks away.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov will sign an agreement giving tourists and business travelers from both countries the three-year multiple-entry visas “as a general rule,” Beyrle said.

He acknowledged that existing hassles for obtaining visas were “the most pervasive barriers” for business and said the liberalization would have “a huge impact on a more active economic relationship.”

He also promised that the agreement was just the start.

“Three years is just the first step,” he said.

Speaking in a room packed with corporate leaders from both countries, Beyrle called for the much-praised U.S.-Russian “reset” initiated by President Barack Obama to be extended from politics into business to “unleash the flows and reduce the barriers.”

He said the political achievements of Presidents Obama and Dmitry Medvedev have not been reflected in business ties.

The relationship, he said, must be founded on “solid and sustainable commercial and economic ties” — “that shock absorber that helps us ride out some of the political ups and downs.”

Read the full article here: . [click-me.gif] .

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011 19:47 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Julian wrote:
well i will welcome this change, as i will be travelling often to America in the near future and hope that i can take my wife regularly there too. For me this is very good timing as we have just bought a property in Florida.

It is a really good time to buy property in Florida. That was a good move. I have been watching things down there and see a lot of really great bargains. I would like to buy something down there but don't see any way to make practical use of it. Where is the property you bought?

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011 20:44 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Hi Turboguy

Yes i think i got a real bargain, great house in a great area and i'm really pleased, 4 Bedrooms on gated community with Swimming pool, for the same price i could have bought a 1 bedroom sh**hole in Moscow on the 18th floor with probably a rotting balcon !!!

I bought in Kissimee, Orlando just below Disney World, its a property on a rental estate, Wyndham Palms, i bought it as a business investment, i am hoping that it will rent for around 30-35 weeks a year which is about what its done for the last 5 years so i guess its a safe bet as the economy recovers, the remaining weeks i hope to have opportunity to take advantage of it and spend as many weeks there as poss.

I have several friends who have bought recently and also before the crisis so i have been lucky to get some pretty sound advice and gain some good contacts over there to handle things. Although i have been to most parts of the States many times i have never been to Florida !!! so i'm looking forward to coming over in about October and then back again in January with my wife who will be visiting the USA for the first time subject to gaining a visa.

I think and hope my wife will be very impressed, she certainly was happy when she looked at the property and area photo's, her dream is to live in a warm country not far from the sea and Florida ticks those boxes, although we have no plans at present to move to USA, but who knows what can happen, i am flexible about work and can pretty much go any place. I know one thing for sure i am tired of the rain in the UK and my wife is tired of the difficult life in Russia and we are both looking to find that perfect place.

We have been married for over 3 years and due to work, visa issues and her son's Education we havn't had opportunity to actually live together full time, so its difficult, but we are pretty confident that next year lots will change, my work contracts come to a close this year and next year her son should start University or join the army, so i am planning to spend more time in Russia with my wife and then try to make preperations for us both to move back to Europe/UK or even USA if an opportunity presents itself.

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 05 Jul 2011 11:05 
Admin

Julian wrote:
Hi Turboguy

Yes i think i got a real bargain, great house in a great area and i'm really pleased, 4 Bedrooms on gated community with Swimming pool, for the same price i could have bought a 1 bedroom sh**hole in Moscow on the 18th floor with probably a rotting balcon !!!

I bought in Kissimee, Orlando just below Disney World, its a property on a rental estate, Wyndham Palms, i bought it as a business investment, i am hoping that it will rent for around 30-35 weeks a year which is about what its done for the last 5 years so i guess its a safe bet as the economy recovers, the remaining weeks i hope to have opportunity to take advantage of it and spend as many weeks there as poss.

I have several friends who have bought recently and also before the crisis so i have been lucky to get some pretty sound advice and gain some good contacts over there to handle things. Although i have been to most parts of the States many times i have never been to Florida !!! so i'm looking forward to coming over in about October and then back again in January with my wife who will be visiting the USA for the first time subject to gaining a visa.

I think and hope my wife will be very impressed, she certainly was happy when she looked at the property and area photo's, her dream is to live in a warm country not far from the sea and Florida ticks those boxes, although we have no plans at present to move to USA, but who knows what can happen, i am flexible about work and can pretty much go any place. I know one thing for sure i am tired of the rain in the UK and my wife is tired of the difficult life in Russia and we are both looking to find that perfect place.

We have been married for over 3 years and due to work, visa issues and her son's Education we havn't had opportunity to actually live together full time, so its difficult, but we are pretty confident that next year lots will change, my work contracts come to a close this year and next year her son should start University or join the army, so i am planning to spend more time in Russia with my wife and then try to make preperations for us both to move back to Europe/UK or even USA if an opportunity presents itself.

Julian

Sorry coming late to party and to congratulate you for your purchase in Kissime - Orlando. [clap.gif] A very nice area that I have visited many years ago...... so I do not know how much has developed since 1987 - 1991 when I visited several times the Florida state.

The nearest beaches are not down the road........ Tampa or Daytona Beach are a couple of hours drive away and I preferred Tampa, Naples and Sanibel Island in the west.

Now here some more encouraging news:

Beyrle: Visas Bigger Deal Than Arms Pact

05 July 2011 By Andrew McChesney

U.S. Ambassador John Beyrle said Monday that the New START nuclear arms reduction treaty was important but the real highlight of a "reset" in U.S.-Russian ties would come next week with the signing of agreements on liberalized visa rules and child adoptions.

The two countries' top diplomats, Hillary Clinton and Sergei Lavrov, are to sign a deal granting three-year multiple-entry visas and eliminating the need to secure visa invitations during July 12-14 talks in Washington.

They will also sign a long-awaited accord aimed at restarting child adoptions, which stalled in April 2010 when a U.S. mother sent her 7-year-old adopted son back to Russia unaccompanied on a plane.

Beyrle, speaking at a U.S. Independence Day celebration attended by about 2,000 guests at his Spaso House residence, said the agreements illustrate that the United States' relationship with Russia has changed dramatically since he arrived in Moscow on July 3, 2008 — just in time to address a similar July 4 gathering at Spaso House.

"We can talk about a lot that we have got done together over the last three years, especially this past year, over the past 12 months," Beyrle said, making his remarks first in Russian and then in English.

Among the achievements, he mentioned New START, which entered force in February and is seen by President Barack Obama as a hallmark of his foreign policy, and Russia's pending accession into the World Trade Organization, which Beyrle said would happen this year.

"But for me, the best is really still yet to come next week when I go to Washington for the signing by Secretary of State Clinton and Minister of Foreign Affairs Lavrov of the agreements on adoptions and a more liberal visa regime for our two countries," Beyrle said.

Beyrle broke the news about the visa agreement last month at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, saying the three-year visas would be granted to business travelers and tourists "as a general rule" and promising that three years was "just the first step."

Read more: .[click-me.gif] .

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011 22:23 

Her/His Country: DK/RU
Times_to_FSU: 8
US, Russia about to sign agreement for easier visa regime
13 Jul 2011 — Russian Federation
U.S. Ambassador in Russia John Beyrle stated that the United States and Russia are about to sign an agreement for an easier visa regime between the countries.
In a video address to the participants in a meeting of the Russian-American Pacific Partnership (RAPP), which opened in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky on Wednesday, the U.S. diplomat noted that the U.S. and Russia will sign an agreement in just a few hours that will permit to issue three-year multiple entry visas for businessmen and tourists.