All times are UTC

Post subject: A Lesson Learned !
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011 18:41 

Her/His Country: uk/uk
RW_here_since: sep 10
Times_to_FSU: 3
Hi Everbody

Well its been abit of a learning curve for myself this week,I think I have almost averted a disaster [tonque.gif]

We are soon off to Russia to see the family and enjoy a week in the sun. So we booked our flights for the begining of July. Yesterday I submitted all the relevent paperwork and fee to real russia to get my tourist visa for the break as I normally do and sat back and relaxed as they always take care of things and provide a good service.(imho)

Today I got a phone call from RR saying im sorry Justin you can no longer have a tourist visa as you now have your spouse living with you in England. Maybe a little naive of me but I pressumed I would still be classed as a tourist.

So last night I had the pleasure of trying the vfs global russia website to apply for the invitation visa myself. It was like the krypton factor trying to get all the relevent information typed in within the 30 minute time period, but with the help of my wife we beat this awful system and managed to lodge my application. The guidelines were very vague but hopefully we have everything we need to lodge my application tommorow in London. The actual cost of it is 143 smackers which is a bit steep, considering RR only charge you 126, but Im guessing the cost is because of the 1.5 week timeframe I have to achieve it. This cost is nothing compared to the 830 pound for the non refundable flighs we booked if i did not get it at all [sick.gif]

I also called the vfs global helpine just to check we had the correct documents and info for tommorow, this costs 55p a minute and sounds like you are calling your local indian takaway and they where not the most informative people in the world.

Anyway enough drivel from me, if anybody out there reads this before tommorow please could you just cast your eyes below and tell me we have all the correct info please.

My passport valid for at least 6 months with 2 blank pages.
My wifes passport original (plus photocopy) of Id page and spouse visa page.
A completed copy of the Visa application form.
A passport photo for me.
Our Orginal and a photocopy of marriage certificate in russian c/w aposrille and legalised stamp from russia.
the money

That completes our list !

So a big panic and nerves this week in anticipation of getting my Visa through in time for my flight, but fingers crossed.

A lesson learnt me thinks !!!

Post subject: Re: A Lesson Learned !
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011 19:37 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Justin

Obviously you have not read my post about my personal experience with VHF in london last year, so take a quick read tonight and prepare yourself for an adventure........

My Day at the Russian Visa Centre in London

Any how you are absolutely right that now anybody who has married a Russian Woman, he has to have ONLY a family visa and can't travel on a Tourist visa any more, according to them.

The Family visa allows you single or double entry for a period up to 3 months and to avoid any possible problems make sure that your wife who will fill up the invitation form she does write dates for longer period than your actual days of travelling in your tickets. You never know what it may happen so better to have extra time just in case!

Wish you a good luck and let us know what happened.

Wiz

PS: Justin, What happened to your image on your avatar?

Have you uploaded one?