All times are UTC

Post subject: Transit Hotel in Sheremetyevo
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011 12:22 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Transit Hotel in the Airport.

I have come across a real find for people in transit, a cheap (by Moscow standards) Hotel in Sheremetyevo Airport.

The hotel is located in Sheremetyevo Airport between terminals D and E.
So there is no need to wait for a hotel transport bus while being harassed by the local taxi drivers.
As far as I am concerned another great advantage of this hotel is that there is no fixed check-in/out time.
Rooms are booked by the hour (with a minimum of four hours).
You pay for what you need without the hassle of having to leave your room at a certain time or having to pay for extra for staying a few hours after the official check-out time.
To get to the hotel.
ImageImageImage

• When arriving by air follow the signs for the Aeroexpress.
    • The train that goes from Sheremetyevo to the Belorussky Railway/Metro Station).
  • When arriving from Moscow just walk through the walk-way towards the Airport.
    • If you have reached the security check-point you have gone too far.

A not to scale drawing of the Aero Express Terminal.

Depending on the direction that you are coming from the walk-way either splits or joins up where the lift is that takes you to the hotel (5th floor), there are also escalators but when I was in the Airport the escalators were being repaired so I cannot say if the escalators go to the 5th floor.

The Hotel Entrance (on the 5th floor).

Reached by the lift in the Aeroexpress Terminal.

I got one of the Economy Double Rooms without a window. While the room was not very big it suited my purposes perfectly.
It had a double bed, a TV and a toilet/shower and that was all that I needed.
A chance to sleep after having travelling effectively for the best part of 24 hours and a chance to have a shower before my next flight, what more does a traveller (in transit) need?
There are bigger (more spacious rooms) available but I did not have the time or the inclination to attempt to view them.

To view the Hotel web-site (in English) please click the Image, according to the website they offer a 5% discount for booking on line.
I cannot comment on this because I have never tried to book a room in this hotel on-line, the reason that I have not is because I did not know about the hotel until I stumbled across it during my last trip.

Last but not least -
Before anybody gets excited please note that I have no commercial interest in this hotel the sole reason for this post is to provide information to fellow travellers.