All times are UTC

Post subject: Russian Visa Help - Having trouble filling out the form.
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 16 Feb 2015 18:24 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: 2
Hello, new here - first post.

I was wondering if anyone on here could help me with some questions i have about the Russian visa as I am having some difficulty filling out the form:

I have previously contacted the Russian embassy in the UK (I am from Scotland) asking about filling in the visa and I was advised by them to obtain a Russian visa before I book flights and a hotel, but on the visa application it asks what hotel I will be staying at and asks me to submit the address of the hotel, but I do not have this information as I have not booked a hotel yet.

I also do not understand what information I should include for the question: "Which institution you are going to visit?"

There is also a section which asks if I have ever been arrested or convicted of an offence and it says that you should insert all facts about the offence but there is no where on the form to insert these facts, there is only space to add the location and the date of offence.

I was convicted of breach of the peace (public order act) a few years ago because I shouted in a public place. In your personal opinion; is this offence likely to have my visa turned down?

Thank you for any help you can give me on these matters, and I look forward to hearing from you.

I have since sent them another email but have not heard any information from them and I am worried that they do not normally answer emails about visa problems.

P.S. - I am looking to go to Moscow in September to run the city's marathon. And was hoping to get the visa sorted out sooner rather than later as I will need my passport throughout the summer for various travelling.

P.P.S - On the last page of the visa form it asks what countries you have visited in the last 10 years. I have been to a number of countries but cannot remember the exact dates I visited them. I have also visited certain countries more than once, and I will also be visiting a number of other countries between getting my Russian visa organised and actually visiting in September.

Any help much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Russian Visa Help - Having trouble filling out the form.
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 16 Feb 2015 19:06 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hi Gazz

and welcome to the board.

The last time I went to Russia was on 2010 and ever since many changes has taken place.

I think the best think to do and resolve all problems, is to speak to REAL RUSSIA agency who I expect will know all the answers.

Many of our people have used them and they said that they are very reliable.

Real Russia:http://realrussia.co.uk TEL: 0207 - 100 73 70

From what I read the Russian Consulate in Edinburgh it's only 2 people.......

Good luck