All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Registering in Russia
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010 14:42 

Her/His Country: Russia
Rasboinik wrote:
Simple really, show me the law that says that you cannot register as a tourist at a private address.

Since you are the one who lives in Russia, why don't you show me the law that says you can?

My experience is that in Barnaul you CAN NOT register a Tourist Visa to a private address. I doubt they will change their mind if I say that you beg to differ. However, if you can provide me with a law reference that says you can maybe they will sing a different tune.

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010 15:20 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
stubben wrote:
Rasboinik wrote:
Simple really, show me the law that says that you cannot register as a tourist at a private address.

Since you are the one who lives in Russia, why don't you show me the law that says you can?

My experience is that in Barnaul you CAN NOT register a Tourist Visa to a private address. I doubt they will change their mind if I say that you beg to differ. However, if you can provide me with a law reference that says you can maybe they will sing a different tune.

I will try and see if I can find a legal reference that says that you can, but it will be in Russian. I doubt that I will find a law that says that you can since most Russian laws do not say you can it is more likely that if I find anything concrete it will be something along the lines of "there is no restriction".

It may take me a while.
IHTH

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011 19:37 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Please note that the registration rules have changed to read about the changes please follow this Image.

Be sure to read the complete thread.

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 23 May 2013 03:08 

Her/His Country: russia
Times_to_FSU: 12
Rasboinik wrote:
The migration card.

Is in two parts, both parts must be completed prior to approaching the immigration desk.
The Russian immigration officer will retain part "A" and give you part "B" after placing a stamp on it.

This is the back of side "A" that is retained by the Immigration officer upon arrival

Be sure not to loose part "B" because you will need it to exit Russia.

Registration.

Registering is a must, if you fail to do so then you can be fined and even worse get a ban on applying for a visa for quite a long time.

If staying in a hotel or another organisation rendering accommodation services then you must register on the day of arrival.
Otherwise you have three business days in which to register (it is not recommended to leave the registration until the last day).
If travelling onwards from the point of entry then make sure to retain all travel tickets as evidence.

The options.

1. Hotel.
  2. Agency.
  3. UFMS.
  4. Post office.

• Hotel
Part of the check-in process

• Agency
You find an agency that registers foreigners.
They take copies of you passport, visa and migration card.
I have heard of agency fees of up to £50.--

• UFMS
To register with the UFMS you will require the same documents as registering with the post office and it is more or less the same procedure.

Registering with the UFMS directly in my experience is a nightmare and will take at least a day.
I though do know that at least one member of this forum prefers to register with the UFMS directly.

• The Post Office
To register at the Post Office is very easy, especially if you come prepared.

First of all the UFMS fee must be paid in the Sperbank (2 rub. for every day of stay including the first and last day).
It is my experience that this can be done without the need for my passport but other people have stated that the Sperbank cashier has asked to see the passport of the person being registered (different local rules according to where you are getting registered).

The person (host) who's private residence you're staying at must register you, you cannot register yourself.

At the Post Office your host will be given a form to fill in (which they must fill in) unless you have already pre-prepared pre fillied in all the data and printed the form (my solution).

The Registration document.
Attachment:
Blank_UtvForm_Notification-A.doc

Attachment:
Blank_UtvForm_Notification-B.doc

You will also need to provide photocopies of:
  • The data page of the host’s internal passport.
  • The page in the host’s internal passport that shows that host is registered in the host’s flat.
  • The registration document of the host’s flat.
  • The data page (the page with the photo) of your passport.
  • The visa
  • The page showing the last entry stamp
  • Your migration card (both sides).
All documents must be provided in duplicate.

Be aware that post offices will not make the photocopies for you and further some Post Offices will not have photo copying facilities so if you know that beforehand then just get the relevant photocopies done somewhere else first before you make the trip to the post office.

The post office will take the filled in form along with the photocopied documents and give you back the bottom part of the form with a stamp on which is the "registration slip" (sort of a receipt). You need to keep this registration slip with your migration card and passport to prove you've registered in case anyone in authority stops you and asks to see your documents (rarely happens but is a possibility).
Another option is to make a copy of the registration slip (both sides) and keep it with you, if you use this option then there is no danger of forgetting to return the registration slip to the host before departure.
The registration form

If you have not made a copy of the registration slip then before you leave Russia, you need to give the registration slip back to your host and it is then their responsibility to send it off the UFMS (again they can do it at the Post Office) in order to "de-register" you
According to Russian law your host must de-register you within two days of leaving Russia.
If this isn't done then your host could be fined and you could face potential problems when trying to apply for future visas so it's important that this gets done.

My experience of registering using the post office is.
I arrive in Russia.
I then travel until I arrive home.
I plug in my computer.
Go to the folder with all the required registration documents that do not need to be current i.e. Latest visa / entry stamp and migration card.
Update the Registration form with the current migration card number and the new entry and departure dates.
Hit print.
Scan and print the latest entry stamp and migration card.

We then go to Sperbank.
Then the post office, my fiancée goes into the Post Office I go to a florist.
By the time that I am finished with the florist my fiancée is waiting for me outside the Post Office.
And I have spent much more than she has :lol:

How does one get permission to print these registration forms?

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 23 May 2013 07:58 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
maxmakc wrote:

On the original post # 1 you will find the 2 attachements and the links...........
downloads as an image DOC in world.

If you have installed Russian in your keyboard you can type or you can print them and fill by hand.

Good luck

PS: Any more info about you????

Post Number:#16  PostPosted: 23 May 2013 11:46 

wiz wrote:
maxmakc wrote:

On the original post # 1 you will find the 2 attachements and the links...........
downloads as an image DOC in world.

If you have installed Russian in your keyboard you can type or you can print them and fill by hand.

Good luck

PS: Any more info about you????

I see the two attachments, but they don't work for me. And the bottom of the 1st post there is a message in red letters: You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Perhaps somebody could just email me the attachment if we can't figure this out...

As for me, I've been married to a Russian woman already about 15 years. We lived in Russia for a couple years and then moved to the USA, to St. Louis. We have two kids and we all speak Russian at home; preserve many Russian customs here in the USA. Even opened a Russian-style 'Salt Room' (for respiratory health) which are popular in Russia and spreading around the world now. We used to take the kids back to Russia almost every year, but a few years have passed and we're finally getting back this summer. I wished to have the forms to save time with registration once in Russia.

Всего Хорошего!

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: 23 May 2013 12:53 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
maxmakc wrote:
I see the two attachments, but they don't work for me. And the bottom of the 1st post there is a message in red letters: You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Perhaps somebody could just email me the attachment if we can't figure this out...
Sorry Max but we do not allow downloading to new members......before making 10 posts, for security reasons...... but an email wes sent to you with the forms.......already! [veryhappy.gif]

Quote:
As for me, I've been married to a Russian woman already about 15 years. We lived in Russia for a couple years and then moved to the USA, to St. Louis. We have two kids and we all speak Russian at home; preserve many Russian customs here in the USA. Even opened a Russian-style 'Salt Room' (for respiratory health) which are popular in Russia and spreading around the world now. We used to take the kids back to Russia almost every year, but a few years have passed and we're finally getting back this summer. I wished to have the forms to save time with registration once in Russia.

Всего Хорошего!

My Russian is very poor.......... and my wife and I speak English.......and I am teaching my Tosshia also..... [lol.gif]

So which part of Russia you have lived?

PS: When you sign in and write a message..... do you see 2 buttons :

"New Post" and "Post a reply" ?????

Seems I have lost them...... and don't know why!

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: 23 May 2013 13:45 

I've spent about a year or so in the Leningrad region - my wife's family is in Tikhvin. And I spent almost 2 years living a couple hours east of Moscow, in Likino-Dulevo, and worked in Orekhovo-zuevo, and Pavlosky Posad as an English teacher. We moved to the USA in 1999 and have made about 10 trips back since then. This year the trip has really gotten expensive and we won't be going so often. Time for her relatives to visit us more (her parents, brother and nephew have already visited.) Cheers! And thanks again for the help with the forms!