All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: St. Valentin's Day
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 21:53 

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: 2006
Times_to_FSU: Lost Count
Shadow wrote:
Ecocks wrote:
Frankly, I don't pay any attention to what Shadow says. It's irrelevant to the life I lead and has rarely been useful as insight or analysis in the past.

The feeling is mutual. [hi.gif]

But that does not mean we can not have a friendly chat about non-life related subject. [drinks.gif]

That depends upon your definition of friendly chat [hi.gif]

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 22:38 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
Legal wrote:
That depends upon your definition of friendly chat [hi.gif]

That is what we are supposed to do here. [sarcastic.gif]

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 01:40 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Uzbekistan
Times_to_FSU: 8 and I hope the last!
wiz wrote:
Ed and Donhollio

Reading your posts it's very clear how different is your American and Canadian culture from our European one. Obviously you talk about romance in the relationships and with your comments show the opposite. You make it sound like a business partnership! [sad.gif]

May I go further and say that probably most of your marriages fail (having seen so many divorces lately) because the romantic element is absent and these marriages were nothing more than a business deal!

I fail to see how gift giving is connected with the love one feels for their spouse. Wiz, Canada may have its cold areas but it doesn't mean we can't be romantic. Marriages fail in every country. Besides we rescue these poor girls from the FSU and bring them to the best part of the world [drinks.gif] She's already recieved the best gift of all, so why bother to give more? [lol.gif] [underchair.gif]

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 07:14 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Donhollio wrote:
wiz wrote:
Ed and Donhollio

Reading your posts it's very clear how different is your American and Canadian culture from our European one. Obviously you talk about romance in the relationships and with your comments show the opposite. You make it sound like a business partnership! [sad.gif]

May I go further and say that probably most of your marriages fail (having seen so many divorces lately) because the romantic element is absent and these marriages were nothing more than a business deal!

I fail to see how gift giving is connected with the love one feels for their spouse. Wiz, Canada may have its cold areas but it doesn't mean we can't be romantic. Marriages fail in every country. Besides we rescue these poor girls from the FSU and bring them to the best part of the world [drinks.gif] She's already recieved the best gift of all, so why bother to give more? [lol.gif] [underchair.gif]

Poor boy

After so many years chasing short blond skirt in Ukraine and you still haven't learned anything about how women tick! [surprised.gif]

Don't you know that women are like flowers and you have to water and take care of them to blossom for you?

Ya polivao tsvetok tsvetok rastivied.. say in Russia and in English means what I previously said!

Women do know that we love them and care about them too but they do still want to be reassured and buying them a bunch of flowers or a small inexpensive gifts, at times that the least expect it...... makes a huge difference in their mentality and attitude and for sure you go up many notches to their estimation, love and affection.

If you can and have the possibility to deliver to your wife, just a few flowers on Valentines day, just do it, and see her reaction. She wil never let you forget it! [veryhappy.gif]
Mine does and still gets emotional, every time she remember it! [biggrin.gif]

Now stop been cheeky and try teasing Raffi....... [bat.gif]

I am sure you should classify yourself as bloody lucky because Alina comes from a very warm place and accepting to come and live in Winni....I don't think it's out of desperation..... having seen her photo, now, thanks, .... but for sheer feelings about you!
To be honest.......living alone for so many years in cold Canada.... you need her warmth to keep alive! [taunt2.gif]

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 11:03 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Flowers because it is Valentines Day, more important in the west.
Flowers because it is the 8th of March much more important in the FSU.

Flowers because it is a ______________ (insert day of week of choice).
Flowers because it is a ______________ (insert reason of choice).
Flowers because you want to give flowers.

The importance of receiving flowers for any woman can not be comprehended, and as far as FSU women go then the factor needs to be multiplied a thousand-fold

Unlike some on this forum I do expect something in return for giving a gift and dare I say that so far I have always received my reward.

The reward that I expect and as I have stated so far I have never failed to receive is the light that lights up in the eye's of the recipient.

At present I am thousands of miles away from all of my woman but I have pre-set the traps and I already know that the eyes will light up at the appropriate times.

The traps, an arrangement with a local florist to deliver flowers at the appropriate dates

As far as individuals who are still living in the 19th century and think that they have imported a "house-keeper" from the "old country", if that is how they wish to live and to conduct themselves that is their option and it is not for me correct their conceptions of life.

I will though say that the reward of seeing someone's eyes light up with that special light (and I am ot talking here only about flowers but about any small gesture that shows that you care, and it matters not whether the eyes that light up are the eyes of a wife, child or even a close friend, that special reward is far beyond any material reward that can ever be achieved and therefore I feel sorry for those that will never experience that wonderful feeling

Post Number:#16  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 11:37 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
. [offtopic.jpg] .

wiz wrote:
Now stop been cheeky and try teasing Raffi....... [bat.gif]

Yannis, I would not bother.

It will take much more ...................

EDIT:

Can you please BOTH stop provoking each other?

I would much appreciate that BOTH forget the past accept you have different views and try to get on or take your [duel.gif] to PM. This board is too small for fights and we suppose to be all friends!

[thanks.gif]

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 15:24 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Uzbekistan
Times_to_FSU: 8 and I hope the last!
Hello Razi ! [hi.gif] I'm feeling the love you're really trying to display. [wave.gif]

Wiz I know small things such as flowers do wonders, its like [drinks.gif] for the soul in a man , right?

EDIT:

Can you please both stop provoking each other?

I would much appreciate that BOTH forget the past accept you have different views and try to get on or take your [duel.gif] to PM. This board is too small for fights and we suppose to be all friends!

[thanks.gif]

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 16:25 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Donhollio wrote:
Wiz I know small things such as flowers do wonders, its like [drinks.gif] for the soul in a man , right?

You got it in one Don! [clap.gif]

PS: Now I am going out to do some shopping and you and Raffi are allowed to fight only for what type of flowers you must buy for Valentine's day and how many! Please exercise self censorship [bat.gif]