All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Home Alone....
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 05 May 2011 19:26 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Vinnvinny wrote:
Besides, wiz asked me to write that to stir things up*. Maybe TG will take the bait. [drink-coffee.gif]

* This may not be true as apparently I am the worlds biggest bullsh*tter. [hi.gif]

Are you trying to put me in the shit....... while I am in the garden watering and planting my flowers? [angry2.gif]

Mark for sure he is the worlds biggest bullshitter........... and I had nothing to do with it!

Obviously he is bored with our elections and Usama Bin Laden on TV and the news...... and out for mischief..........probably Andrew is not around to wind him up! [bat.gif]

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 05 May 2011 19:47 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
wiz wrote:
Mark for sure he is the worlds biggest bullshitter........... and I had nothing to do with it!

Thanks. I pride myself on being consistent. [thumbs.gif]

wiz wrote:
Obviously he is bored with our elections and Usama Bin Laden on TV and the news...... and out for mischief..........probably Andrew is not around to wind him up! [bat.gif]

Andrew has never wound me up but he likes to think he has. Bless him. [lol.gif]

Anyway, back on topic. One week away max, that's what I would allow*. Any longer and
it would be better if she took all her belongings.

* I might allow longer but we would need to strike up some deal that was favourable to my libido.

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 05 May 2011 19:48 
Veteran Member

wiz wrote:
Are you trying to put me in the shit....... while I am in the garden watering and planting my flowers? [angry2.gif]

Do you have some kind of alarm system in your garden that goes off when someone makes a post? Just wondered.

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 05 May 2011 20:06 
Admin

Vinnvinny wrote:
wiz wrote:

Do you have some kind of alarm system in your garden that goes off when someone makes a post? Just wondered.

I made my post #7 at 15.27 GMT and then went to the garden and came back after 20.10 GMT and made my previous post....... # 11 at 20.26, so I had plenty of sunshine in the garden... and fun! [tonque.gif]

Oh yes there is an alarm system in place ...... to keep the troublemakers and scammers out of the board! [biggrin.gif]

You see, somebody that we all know .... on a daily basis is having another try....... today he used the name "the sleeper", yesterday, jassey, before Viz, and you saw a few more on the Bin forum, but the dogs are around to bite his a$$. [bat.gif]

Poor chap needs Medical help............ [sick.gif]

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 05 May 2011 21:12 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Vinnvinny wrote:
I don’t know Turbo & Markjie and I don’t know their wives either so I write this from just my own opinion and how I would feel (I know me quite well).

If a wife (or girlfriend) of mine told me that she was planning to spend 8/9 weeks away from me then I would be suggesting she moves home permanently.

[sad.gif]

My wife's original plans were to go for 30 days. She has a lot of things she wants to get done including some dental work and other cosmetic things and particularly with the dental work wants to be around if there are any complications. To each his own I guess. I will miss her but will enjoy the opportunity to get some things done that are more difficult to do while she is here. She only goes back every two years so I want her to have the time to enjoy herself. Once she gets out of school and gets a real job two month trips are going to be impossible.

Post Number:#16  PostPosted: 05 May 2011 22:27 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
A part manifestation of Culture Shock is Home Sickness and both are real issues.

Please read these threads.

Image to Culture shock

Image to The stages of Culture Shock and Returning Home...

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: 05 May 2011 23:08 
Veteran Member

Rasboinik wrote:
A part manifestation of Culture Shock is Home Sickness and both are real issues.

I wont be reading them because I do have personal past experience of this and its one of the reasons I have searched in Ukraine because it's simple to get to and from.

I would do everything in my power to be not away from a lady I love for 8/9 days let alone 8/9 weeks and I would expect them to do the same. I'm not knocking anyone here or their marriage's I'm just telling you my view.

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: 06 May 2011 10:33 
Admin

Vinnvinny wrote:
Rasboinik wrote:

I wont be reading them because I do have personal past experience of this and its one of the reasons I have searched in Ukraine because it's simple to get to and from.

I would do everything in my power to be not away from a lady I love for 8/9 days let alone 8/9 weeks and I would expect them to do the same. I'm not knocking anyone here or their marriage's I'm just telling you my view.

Russia is not far away, it's about the same flight time as going to Greece or Kiev but Ukraine has abolished the visa requirements for EU and USA citizens so it does make sense to prefer to go there instead of Russia and nobody can blame you for your choice. It is also much cheaper flying there instead of flying to Russia, where prices have rocketed.

The Autocratic Russian Government with its "cold war mentality" still insists that we must have a visa, pay for the privilege to visit their country where we can spent our money and on top of that requires us to waste our time and register our immigration card and accommodation where we stay otherwise we can be fined up to 1000 USD. [sick.gif]

My wife is going back home for 2 weeks to see mama and family but after 14 visits and my last yea's experience with the visa, and registration, I will not be joining her any time, now or in the future until these huge barriers are abolished. Russia is a "close country", still living in the USSR years and mentality and these are not my words.... but of a Russian woman! [wink.gif]

On the other hand, I have a different view about a separation of 14 days or 1 month, which is not that long and time passes quickly but at the same time it give her the opportunity to satisfy her yearn for rodina and family. Each person from the couple gets own space to do things they like to do and at the same time the missing and loving feelings grow stronger, if you both love each other otherwise goes south and the sooner you know that the better.

Like you, I'm not knocking anyone here or their marriage's I'm just telling you my view.

Post Number:#19  PostPosted: 18 May 2011 18:29 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Well I am officially home alone and living the batchlor life the the next two months. VWRW should be sitting at JFK right now with a long wait for her plane to Moscow where she has another long wait for her plane to Barnaul. I hit the grocery store on the way home and stocked up on all the stuff that I like and she doesn't and have been recording all the movies on our TIVO that I like and she doesn't like so I do plan to make the best of it.

The other good part is I can work longer hours without worrying that I am neglecting her. Why only work 7, 11 hour days a week when you can work more.

Post Number:#20  PostPosted: 18 May 2011 18:53 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Ukraine/Holland
RW_here_since: 04-december-2008
Times_to_FSU: Lost count in 2010
The clock is ticking for me too, and with the current economic crises I think I will have too little money to join her in Ukraine meaning she will travel alone this year.

Not an attractive thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next