All times are UTC

Post subject: Veta and Moby
Post Number:#  PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012 16:13 
Hi, some of you will have already heard, but I think it is better coming from the horses mouth.

We are no longer an item..

She is back on the dating scene and no doubt will be snowed under with responses :-)

Now the fun starts...she first came to the uk in May 2007..before we married in July of that year... she returned at Christmas and one more time in May 2008, before coming to live in Glos'shire in Aug 2008..

Any ideas if she can apply for permanent residency, based on visiting ..looking for where to live..or must she wait until 5 years from date she lived here.?

The ukba will regard her as in a relationship with me until we divorce !

Legally, she was married and resident long enough to not depend on my being the EU national

But...what happens re my stepson? He is studying at Oxford Brookes United and as I understand ..can remain in the uk if he gets perm residency in Aug 2013.... But...why if we divorce..? Believe he can remain in the uk..until his course finishes..

I do not want to shaft him by getting a divorce... but I would like to be legally single :-)

Ideas....?

Moby...yeah that Moby :-)

Post subject: Re: Veta and Moby
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012 06:14 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hi Moby

and sorry to hear the bad news..... [sad.gif]

At the moment we are in Greece for a holiday and can't use my notes....to check details about the residency etc.

As far as I am aware, Veta needs to be perment resident for 5 years before applying for PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD and 6 years before applying for British Naturalisation and getting a UK Passport.

Obviously, without making any official announcement, you could wait till she makes the 5 year application for the Permenent Resident Card and then when is granted... you can become single again. Now about the son.... sorry don't know details about his case....

Any how you look very sexy ..... in your new avatar! [lol.gif]

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012 11:39 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
Hi Moby, sorry to hear this. As for your situation, if she gets a permanent residence that will probably cover your stepson. But check with a lawyer to be sure.

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012 12:17 
Hi Shadow

Not that simple...V could apply for perm res now but, my stepson did not come to the uk until later..

As it stands..I am in limbo...I want to divorce..to be able to remarry...but that would screw him.

M

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012 20:18 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
msmobyone wrote:
As it stands..I am in limbo...I want to divorce..to be able to remarry...

M

Are you ready to remarry..... already? [surprised.gif]

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012 06:53 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
msmobyone wrote:
Playground...quite ...

Never expected to be here..never expected to find someone else, either...All the crap of the last year seems to be repaying itself in spades....Just what them sorted

I know it is difficult to talk about personal matters, you don't have to ... but after your above comments I wonder what it's in your opinion the reasons for such a bad personal result?

You made clear that both have moved on ... now and you are looking to make it final and have a clean new start in life but would be interested for us to read your personal views regarding an international relationship with all it involves and the effects in one's life.

Your views may help many others..... [drink-coffee.gif]

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012 16:27 
wiz wrote:
msmobyone wrote:
As it stands..I am in limbo...I want to divorce..to be able to remarry...

M

Are you ready to remarry..... already? [surprised.gif]

Hmm, bad wording... I MEANT free to be able to remarry... i.e. status not 'separated' :)

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012 16:33 
Luckyspin wrote:
msmobyone wrote:
Playground...quite ...

Never expected to be here..never expected to find someone else, either...All the crap of the last year seems to be repaying itself in spades....Just what them sorted

I know it is difficult to talk about personal matters, you don't have to ... but after your above comments I wonder what it's in your opinion the reasons for such a bad personal result?

You made clear that both have moved on ... now and you are looking to make it final and have a clean new start in life but would be interested for us to read your personal views regarding an international relationship with all it involves and the effects in one's life.

Your views may help many others..... [drink-coffee.gif]

Hi LS

My particular 'financial crap' was a scenario that was unique and caused the police to be involved - suspecting I was perpetrating a fraud. I am now seeking ( realistic) compo from the financial institution responsible.. cannot say more.. but certainly will.. one day

It was a horrible time.... I do not blame V was wondering if I had misled her / clients... I certainly did not cope well.

There is nothing I can say other than it tested us and we did not come through the other side...

V is an innocent in all of this .. I failed her..

Think that is enough..

M

Post subject: Veta and Moby personal comments
Post Number:#  PostPosted: 29 Oct 2012 09:05 
As V is having pops at me via her EM profile...

http://elenasmodels.com/index.php?ap=7172655

The advice follows..

The main thing to do...esp. if the lady tells you that she left her husband..because he cheated on her...is to pay to have her take a spectrum of tests for nasties she may have inherited.

It is not a good start if she tells you this AFTER you have commenced intimacy....

In my case..my moving on means I have a heavy burden...a tragic legacy that has just resulted in my being dumped....

It is ironic to have one's honesty questioned..

It is doubly insulting as I had rejected a perfectly lovely lady ...who had been honest enough to tell me BEFORE intimate relations started.

This is incredibly prevalent..and I do not get the episodes or unpleasant effects of this virus...but I am a carrier...this is a cruel legacy to bear...and judging by what has happened over the weekend..I think I am f'uk re finding a lady that would accept this poisoned chalice.

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 21:24 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Moby, I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I have read the entire thread over at Manny's but there was so much negativity going on in that thread that I didn't want to post but V always seemed like a great girl and I am sorry your marriage has ended.

Financial problems have probably wrecked more marriages than infidelity. Hopefully you are well on the way to putting that behind you as well. Her son strikes me as an innocent victim in this mess. How much longer would you have to stay married legally for him to be ok? I am just not up on your laws there but a little sacrifice could be worth it and you really should not be in a hurry to tie the knot again. The search is better done slowly and when you are emotionally ready.

Anyway I wish you both and the son the best.