All times are UTC

Post subject: UK TV research project-are you married to a mail order bride
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013 15:17 

Her/His Country: United Kingdom
Times_to_FSU: 0-
Hi all

I work for a television production company in London, England called Monkey Kingdom.

We’re doing some research into men from the UK that have found love online with women from foreign countries, and subsequently married them.

This is simply for the purposes of research and NOT intedned for broadcast.

I was wondering if there are any members of this forum that would be kind enough to give me a brief insight into the dynamics of their relationship.

I'm extremely keen to hear from you all so please feel free to drop me a line on MoR@monkeykingdom.com or call 020 7749 3120.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

MoR

Post subject: Re: UK TV research project-are you married to a mail order b
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013 16:00 

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: Dec 2009
Times_to_FSU: 5
can assume by the subject header - that this is more sensationalist TV drivel aimed at taking the piss out of the sad half-wit men who purchased their doting Eastern European sex slaves online. Oh yes, I was attracted to the Russian women because of the nectar points..

'mail order bride'- for fuxsake, which hole did you crawl out of?

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013 16:33 

Her/His Country: United Kingdom
Times_to_FSU: 0-
Amorus wrote:
can assume by the subject header - that this is more sensationalist TV drivel aimed at taking the piss out of the sad half-wit men who purchased their doting Eastern European sex slaves online. Oh yes, I was attracted to the Russian women because of the nectar points..

'mail order bride'- for fuxsake, which hole did you crawl out of?

Sincere apologies if my post has offeneded you or anyone else. The prahse 'mail order bride' was not used with a view of being derogatory. Furthermore, this is intended to be quite the opposite of what you refer to as 'sensationalist TV drivel aimed at taking the piss' of who you describe as 'sad half-wit men'. In fact, it is this very notion, that we are hoping to disple hence my desire to speak to anyone that this may be of interest to.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013 18:33 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
May I kindly suggest you to respect the rules of the board?

Please stick to this topic and do not flood the board and all the other forums with the same subject.

This is the right forum for the subject and as long as you do not break, again, the rules it will stay live, otherwise I will delete the whole topic, as I did with your extra posts on the other forums.

PS: Sorry but I do not want to talk about my personal life on TV or private. The board has plenty of posts to read in various subjects and you can make your own mind.

Wiz

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013 10:15 

MoR wrote:
Sincere apologies if my post has offeneded you or anyone else. The prahse 'mail order bride' was not used with a view of being derogatory. Furthermore, this is intended to be quite the opposite of what you refer to as 'sensationalist TV drivel aimed at taking the piss' of who you describe as 'sad half-wit men'. In fact, it is this very notion, that we are hoping to disple hence my desire to speak to anyone that this may be of interest to.

here's a quote from one of the participants in one of your productions 'Diary of a Mail Order Bride' who was stitched-up by your own wonderful Lucy Leveugle and team..
We were contacted through a guy called nick from Channel 4 and then we met lucy leveugle the producer who took me to Berdsk in Siberia to meet xxxxx's parents.
The article was a mistake as they twisted many facts..
..The reporter was determined to make a nice story sound bad and she did.

Other interesting productions by LL include 'Newlyweds', 'the undateables' and 'confessions of a hoarder' - all pretty amazing sincere stuff.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013 20:25 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Ukraine/UK
RW_here_since: 2006
Times_to_FSU: Several
Are you married to a mail order bride?

Many moons ago, I was a single soul, with few friends, a shy personality and was spending most of my free time at home surfing the internet and discovered 1000's different Dating sites.

I have to admit that I took a look also at some unsavoury sites but mostly I was attracted to Dating sites advertising Russian and Ukrainian women.

Living alone is not an easy or pleasant experience and pretty soon I discovered some free sites, where I became a member and started communicating with a few of these women.

The idea of finding a good woman to share my life, became an obsession and I became determined to make this idea come true.

Soon, the long list of messages, I was receiving, went down as I was becoming more experienced in this new form of meeting a woman and I was clearing up all those scammers who were flooding my inbox.

Finally I found a woman with whom I was sharing the same ideas, dreams, likes etc and could talk for hours.

Those years back, talking on the phone it was a very expensive business but I was lucky. My new found friend was working in an office with internet connection and we started talking on MSN Messenger for free.

Cutting a long the story, time came for us to meet and we made arrangements for her to visit me in the UK.

Getting a tourist visa, then was very easy and I couldn't wait meeting my new found friend and I had high expectations for us and I was not disappointed.

I guess that this may sound like ordering a pizza from the pizza shop for delivery ... but it wasn't like that.

Finally my packet from Ukraine arrived and I could not wait to open it and I was pleasantry surprised...... !

After that, soon, she became my wife and the troubles started with the UK Border Agency getting a settlement visa *,for her.
We have been happily married for several years. [yahoo.gif]

* I have been reading that now the conditions getting a Settlement visa to the UK are extremely difficult and the waiting time is around 120 Days.

Probably this is another interesting subject for our TV researcher to look at! Immigration always attracts a high number of viewers!

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013 20:33 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Ukraine/UK
RW_here_since: 2006
Times_to_FSU: Several
Wiz

I think lately you are becoming less vigilant.......

I just remembered something from last year....... same company looking for candidates again!

Take a look at this: viewtopic.php?p=11717#p11717

ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED BETWEEN JUNE AND OCTOBER 2012?

A major UK broadcaster is making a brand new documentary series that will follow newlywed couples as they experience their first year of marriage.

From the wedding day to the first anniversary and everything in between, we will film the successes and challenges that come within the first year.

Whether your wedding is intimate, traditional, alternative or extravagant, we would love to hear from you!

If you’re the lucky bride or groom, or you know someone who is getting married get in touch now.

marriage@monkeykingdom.com

[very_funny.gif]

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013 21:31 

Keith wrote:
Wiz
I think lately you are becoming less vigilant.......

Not less vigilant - more relaxed, now that Hanna has passed her test and understands English roundabouts [biggrin.gif]

Keith wrote:
A major UK broadcaster is making a brand new documentary series that will follow newlywed couples as they experience their first year of marriage.

From the wedding day to the first anniversary and everything in between, we will film the successes and challenges that come within the first year.
[very_funny.gif]

yes, the same - it was called 'Newly weds'; a fly on the wall look at 6 rather unusual relationships. Hand-picked by said organisation to titivate their mundane audience.