All times are UTC

Post subject: You know you're married to a Russian Woman when...
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 28 Apr 2009 15:16 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
You know you're married to a Russian Woman when...

Let's try and see what answers you can come up with regarding the above statement!

Here is my first one untill I have time to think of a few more!

You know you're married to a Russian Woman when... you realize that she truly, deeply loves you, just the way you are!

[biggrin.gif]

Post subject: Re: You know you're married to a Russian Woman when...
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 28 Apr 2009 16:12 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Good first one and that one is critical Wiz.

You know you're married to a Russian Woman when... you enter the house, taking off your shoes, is far more important than the positon of the toilet seat. American women make a big deal out of that one. Russian Women are smart enough to look before they sit.

You know you're married to a Russian Woman when...you forget something and have to go back in the house, she won't let you leave until you look in the mirror.

You know you're married to a Russian Woman when...the perfectly comfortable clothes you always wore just wont' cut it any more.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009 10:01 
Admin

You know you're married to a Russian Woman when...she is washing the walls and the ceiling before you start decorating!

You know you're married to a Russian Woman when...she never accepts she is wrong and made a mistake!

You know you're married to a Russian Woman when...she never answers a simple question with a straight answer but she replies with a question!

PS: You havent' married my wife's sister by any chance?

Have you?

:rolf:

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009 13:12 
Veteran Member

The middle one is especially true.

You will also never convice a RW that the USA or England had any role in defeating the German's in WWII. It was strictly a war between Russia and Germany.

Then there are foods. A salad is cucumbers and tomatos. Bread has to be made with coffe and molassas. Then there is all the wonderful food like Fish Soup. [sad.gif] And lots of other things that no one here ever thought of putting together.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009 14:21 
Admin

turboguy wrote:
The middle one is especially true.

You will also never convice a RW that the USA or England had any role in defeating the German's in WWII. It was strictly a war between Russia and Germany.

Then there are foods. A salad is cucumbers and tomatos. Bread has to be made with coffe and molassas. Then there is all the wonderful food like Fish Soup. :o And lots of other things that no one here ever thought of putting together.

So your days at MacDonalds are over now...... :rolf:

Don't mention the WWII or are you trying to rewrite the history book?

.......Stalin was betrayed by the British and Americans and had to fight on his own! :lol:

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009 21:53 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Times_to_FSU: 10+
You know you are married to a Russian woman when:-

its bloody freezing outside and to control room temperature she just opens the windows instead of turning down the heating !!! :?

The hot water tap just runs and runs, please put the plug in !!!

You can't anymore just open a tin of Heinz soup, only hand made soup will do from real ingredients and if it takes less than 3 hours to make its no good, just about the time it takes them to get ready to go out - what a coincedence.

Your first aid kit suddenly becomes better stocked than your local hospital :lol:

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009 22:27 

Her/His Country: Ukraine/UK
RW_here_since: 2006
Times_to_FSU: Several
You know you're married to a Russian woman when... you start buying odd numbers of flowers.

You know you're married to a Russian woman when... you polish your shoes EVERY day.

You know you're married to a Russian woman when... you eat salad with every meal!

You know you're married to a Russian Woman when… she tells you that she might have gotten ill after having a cold drink.

You know you're married to a Russian Woman when... You wait while she squeezes every loaf of bread in the store to find the freshest one, then watch it sit in the refrigerator for 3 days before eating any of it!

Julian

How true with your second and third comments. I couldn't stop laughing.....as I am not the only one to observe such traits. :lol:

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009 11:27 

Times_to_FSU: 10+
You know you're married to a Russian Woman when… she tells you that she might have gotten ill after having a cold drink.

Yes classic, anything "cold" will give you a virus, back ache or something to complain about, i find it hard to believe that people who come from such a cold country really struggle to cope with cold weather [surprised.gif] . I'm sure its because they have the luxury of highly subsidised cheap heating and can keep their flats very warm, my wife complains my house is too cold and too dark - so in my generous English nature i offered to by her some candles to cure both problems [lol.gif] she dosn't understand my sense of humour !! the house must be similar to a Sauna at all times and i have to go into my garage to cool down and wait for more soup [lol.gif]

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009 13:04 
Admin

Julian wrote:
Yes classic, anything "cold" will give you a virus, back ache or something to complain about, i find it hard to believe that people who come from such a cold country really struggle to cope with cold weather [surprised.gif] . I'm sure its because they have the luxury of highly subsidised cheap heating and can keep their flats very warm, my wife complains my house is too cold and too dark - so in my generous English nature i offered to by her some candles to cure both problems [lol.gif] she dosn't understand my sense of humour !! the house must be similar to a Sauna at all times and i have to go into my garage to cool down and wait for more soup [lol.gif]

Are you and Keith trying to put me in trouble with my wife, Hanna reads and posts here [wink.gif] , talking about cold drinks, and cold rooms and getting ill in a room temperature of over 20 C? [lol.gif]

Last July when she arrived here she was constantly complaining that our house was cold despite that the temperature was over 20C all the time. She was happy only when started using the duvet to sleep and wear winter clothes ....... but slowly she got use to our temperatures.... and when she saw our electricity bill for 3 months....... well the inbred economy drive came to action and no more complaining about been cold! [veryhappy.gif]

Of course when watching TV she has to have around her waist a blanket! [lol.gif]

The Russians get cheap energy and we have to subsidise it!

So that is very important to remember!

You know you're married to a Russian woman when...the temperature in the house is always set 50 C above livable.

You know you're married to a Russian woman when... you find candy wrappers on the breakfast table. (What is it with Russians eating chocolate in the morning?)

You know you're married to a Russian woman when... you look forward to going home from work each day. [veryhappy.gif]

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009 13:11 
Veteran Member

My wife is the opposite on heat and cold. She keeps the thermometer at 65 in the winter and I freeze and sit around with a blanket. I used to keep it at 72.

In the summer no matter how hot she wont' turn the A/C on. I spent a lot of money to have whole house air installed but it just sits. Personally I would rather be comfortable.

She complains if I let the water run any longer than I have to. If I am washing my hands she wants me to turn the water on just a bit, get them wet, shut it off then turn it back on to rinse them. Even if we boil hot dogs she complains if I put any water in the pan above the absolute minimum to do the job. I do have to say my utility bills are much cheaper since she arrived. My former fiancee was the opposite. She could have the heat on and doors wide open and never gave a thought to it.