All times are UTC

Post subject: BFF, ( Best Friends Forever)
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010 18:23 

Her/His Country: Ukraine/USA
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 11+
Best Friends Forever - BFF

I'm very sure that all of you married guys have friends of your wives that have seen the success of your courtship.

Tanya has a BFF that is several years younger and a fantastic woman. BUT when Tanya has tried to get local, single, quality men interested in her they think it's too far or too much effort, or something.

All have made comments to me about how lucky I am to have found Tanya. (I've made some bad choices in the past).

IMO many of the local women in my area have a "daddy's little princess attitude", IE.
"What can you do for me". It's diametricly oppossite of what I've seen in the FSU area, where couples work together towards a common goal.

Three of these guys are widowers and are guys I've worked with and have known for 30+ years. They had long term happy marriages till their spouses passed away. Here they have a chance to travel, meet a nice lady and if things click between them find another mate. One has recently found a Russian lady locally!

None seem to want to take the first step and even write to a FSU lady. Why?

They can well afford it ,they aren't destitute and are still actively employed. They are interested but unwilling to go there to meet her. It's perplexing....

Have you experienced this?

Post subject: Re: BFF, ( Best Friends Forever)
Post Number:#  PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010 18:45 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

AkMike,

What reasons do these guys give you for not wanting to go visit? Perhaps they just don't like to travel. My Dad is almost 70 years old and hates travelling. He will leave the country if he has to on business but he will rarely do this. Maybe they are stuck in the "Cold War" mentality and view the FSU as an unfriendly and unsafe place to visit?

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010 19:02 

I'm sure that the travel time would be part of it.. Heck it's about 24 hrs from here, sometimes more..

But I can't get them to even start writing. One guy did write a paragraph but never responded to the reply.

They are dating some with local women, :lol: so it's not like they suddenly turned queer..

They just seem to feel it's not worth the effort despite the success I managed to find.

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010 19:28 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Where are you located? I'm in Washington D.C. It sounds like they just don't want to do it, and it is definetely there loss.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010 19:40 

LOL, The Ak stands for Alaska. Just bit northwest of DC. [wink.gif] 4 days drive based on my trip down there.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010 19:43 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Who Dares Wins!

Mike

If I remember well you were driving long distances with you big track and in my view you are used to such effort.

I have to be honest that I also wouldn’t travel 24 hours to go to the other end of the world to visit somebody I was chatting or communicating by email just to find out if there is chemistry between us or not. You know very well the logistics and costs involved and despite that many of your friends or people you know can afford it the problem is the travelling time and effort.

Now let’s say Tanya’s BFF came to visit you and while she is there you introduce her to these men….. and one of them fall hills over head for her…… then I bet you my last penny…… he will move his backside extremely fast to go and visit her, after her return to Ukraine!

Of course on the other hand not many people are adventurers like us, and in our case the motto of the SAS (The Special Air Service (SAS) is a special forces corps of the British Army), apply!

Who Dares Wins!

You did and you have found a diamond, but diamonds are not plentiful and scattered on the surface and you have to dig hard and deep to find one, if you are lucky.

You did and you got lucky! [bravo.gif]

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010 20:19 

I drive mostly within a hundred miles of home so I'm not a coast to coast driver. I like being in my own bed at night. [biggrin.gif]
I've tried to get them to think of it as a trip to see a part of the world that they'll otherwise never have seen. NOT as a 'blind date', But they just might meet a very nice lady in the process! [drinks.gif] One of the guys's great grandparents left Odessa to immigrate to the USA. But they were German fleeing WW1 conscription/draft. Not true Ukrainian.

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010 21:19 

Her/His Country: Ukraine
RW_here_since: 2010
Times_to_FSU: 8
This quest isn't easy, and simply isn't for everyone.

I'm a bit younger, and most of my friends are fairly recently married, but none of the (very few) single ones will seriously consider traveling to the FSU. They have their excuses, but what it boils down is that they simply don't want to. (Of course, my fiance isn't here yet. :lol: )

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010 21:22 

What part of Ukraine is your lady from Myrddin?

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010 21:36 

Her/His Country: Ukraine
RW_here_since: 2010
Times_to_FSU: 8
AkMike wrote:
What part of Ukraine is your lady from Myrddin?

Mariupol/Donetsk. She does have a single friend (who is a professional translator :D ) who she wants to help find a good man.

I've been all over Ukraine, and met nice girls everywhere. [happy.gif]