All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Moscow Airports
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 10 Aug 2010 12:03 

Her/His Country: Russia
wiz wrote:
Are you referring to Terminal SVO1 & 2 when you say Terminal F?

Unless I've got them mixed up, SVO2 = Terminal F, SVO1=Terminal E, just like SVO3 = Terminal D as you pointed out earlier. So by Terminal F I do mean Terminal 2 (or SVO2). Hope that adds to the confusion. [tonque.gif]

Terminal D has both domestic & international I know, the departure areas are actually on the same floors but in different & separated areas. I only added some information about the international departure area since you already covered the domestic departure area.

I think the reason they don't have fixed signs for domestic & international check-in desks is that some of the counters are used for both as needed.

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 10 Aug 2010 23:36 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
[off_topic.gif]

Talking of airports ....

Does anyone know why they always build them in very windy places as it seems daft to me? I spent a week in Cyrus recently and there was zero breeze for the whole 7 days. At Larnaca airport though it was hard to keep upright during the short walk from the bus to the plane.

I'm not an expert on the matter but I would hesitate to build an airport where 12 on the Beaufort scale was the norm.
[thanks.gif]

(Wiz. You have the best smilies of any forum. I'm trying to get a rodent to come here once she's stopped insulting Murincans ... caus she likes a good smiley too). [thumbs.gif]

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 11 Aug 2010 14:31 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
[thanks.gif]
I have a few more to add......and anybody who has some nice ones please post them on the feedback thread..... [biggrin.gif]

At the moment looking around for some small modifications for the board. Maybe later....
if not sleeping on my sofa [lol.gif] [lol.gif] [lol.gif]

Wife is working, so I will have some free time, as this morning we took care of the garden for today......now she is happy [thumbs.gif] .... and I can play with my computer! [wink.gif]

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010 09:13 
Admin

Sheremetyevo Apply Literal Identification of Terminals

Sheremetyevo International Airport is introducing a new international literal (Latin) system of terminal identification instead of the numerical one. The decision has been taken to put in order the identification of terminals in connection with the commissioning of new airport facilities and future airport development.

Thus, the terminal Sheremetyevo 2 from 25 December, 2009, will be officially called Terminal F (SVO-F). It is expected that the new Terminal Е (SVO-Е) will be put into operation in the beginning of 2010. The passenger terminal Sheremetyevo 3 has already been awarded the name of Terminal D (SVO-D). Terminal С (SVO-С) will retain its name.

The name of the old terminal Sheremetyevo 1 will be changed to Terminal В (SVO-B) by the beginning of the 2010 summer season.

For passengers to be able to easily use the new system of terminal identification, the Sheremetyevo Airport jointly with its partners will set additional signs of access to passenger complexes and replace signs on terminals and the navigation system inside the airport. Sheremetyevo’s business partners are being notified of the introduction of the new terminal identification to make changes in documents and navigation systems and create a comfortable environment for customer service.

Passengers may contact the Call Center of the Sheremetyevo Airport to ask any questions in connection with the change of the terminal names at the telephone +7 (495) 232-65-65. A scheme of the terminals including the new names is available at the airport website http://www.svo.aero.

The new names of the passenger terminals in the Sheremetyevo International Airport have been published by the SISC IATA.

Please note that in the southern sector of the Sheremetyevo International Airport (Sheremetyevo 2 area), three terminals (D, E and F) will be connected with passage galleries into a terminal complex. It is planned to join the clean zone to the pre-registration zone so that passengers could freely and comfortably move between these facilities. The joint complex will be able to receive up to 25 million passengers annually and will become an efficient venue for the business of leading international air alliances and airlines.

In the future, the new Terminals A (for business aviation) and B (in the place of Sheremetyevo 1) connected to Terminal C will be built in the northern sector of the airport. Ultimately, after the northern part of the airport is reconstructed, it will become a largest airport complex coupling international and domestic lines, with a capacity to receive 40 million passengers annually.

I apologise for the map quality [sad.gif]

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010 10:32 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
For a printable version (in English) of the map posted above please follow this link, it is probably better to print the map "landscape".

Post Number:#16  PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011 02:52 

Her/His Country: DK/RU
Times_to_FSU: 8
Hi
I tried VKO a couple of times, and it works. The info change between russian and english. Its not a fancy airport, but it works.
I guess thats why some low-cost carrier use this port. In Russia its skyexpress and to germany, germanwings.
This one actually the Presidential airport and when you drive to the airport, you can sometimes see the aircraft of the russian football federation be there.

BR Viking

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011 07:04 
Admin

Hello Viking

and [welcome1.gif] to the board.

Why don't you introduce yourself on the intro forum and let us know few things about yourself.

It is always nice to have people from many countries with various experiences in the FSU.

[clap.gif]

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011 04:32 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
From this thread How do Russians survive winter?
wiz wrote:
I have not visited Russia for two years now, so I am not sure which one serves the international and also the internal flights but I expect one of our members will clarify this.
Clarification about the various terminals in Sheremetyevo Airport

• Terminal D
    • The theory is that Aeroflot has exclusive use of Terminal D for both International and Internal flights.

• Terminals E & F
    • The theory is that all other Airlines will be using these terminals.

• Terminals B & C
    • The theory is that these terminals are either going to be phased out or to be dedicated to charter flights.

Please note the word Theory and that is because there can be and are exceptions to the above.

My personal experience from my last flight to Russia.

My last flight from Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport) to Sheremetyevo was with Aeroflot, the aeroplane was supposed to disembark in terminal D but disembarked in Terminal F, the terminal that used to be called Sheremetyevo 2.
(Oh what fond memories Image).

The internal flight to Yuzhno-Sakhalin departed from Terminal D.

Accepted not a huge distance away (about a 10 minute walk if using the covered walk ways) but it can still be confusing to someone that does not know the layout of Sheremetyevo.

In saying that, Sheremetyevo is not the only airport in the world that pulls these stunts, if I had a penny for every time that I have ended up in the "wrong terminal" in a certain Paris Airport I would be in a position to put King Midas to shame.