All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Hello . . . It's good to have found you people . . .
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011 21:19 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
Times_to_FSU: Quite a few now !!!
Hi Everyone,

The name is Andew and I have just found this forum and so pleased I am that I did.

I have had a browse through and I am sure you will be able to answer many questions I have. Wiz in particular, your posts are most informative and already has answered a number of my questions.

I am curently building a relationship with a very nice Russian lady (Lives in Izhevsk, speaks and writes meaningfull english), we are in daily email contact and planning to meet, for the first time, in the near future. I have spoken with her by phone so I know her voice. Probably she will visit me in the first instance, ( I am sure she wants to 'vet' me as per her family tradition, I have spoken with her mother and it is her wish) and we will then know if we are to be a couple. I hope it will be and we know it will not be easy but we are both prepared for any fight.

Ok, that's my short introduction. I will be checking in and keeping an eye on things in the future.

Oh yeah . . . i'm not a young lad, i'm 55, just a normal hard working englishman who drives an old Land Rover and enjoys the countryside, she has seen the pictures of me and my lifestyle and approves [wink.gif]

This probably isn't the place to start a thread so will re-post the main part with a couple of questions somewhere more suitable.

Bye for now,

Andrew

Post subject: Re: Hello . . . It's good to have found you people . . .
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011 22:36 

RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Hello and [welcome1.gif] to the forum

Probably better if you do start a new thread in "Bringing your Lady/Man Home." assuming that you want to bring your lady to live with you in the UK.

If you need real and proper information then I am afraid that you will have to supply a few more details.

The more accurate the information that you can provide the better the information that can given.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011 23:32 

I will do that no problem.

I have a few concerns that I need to discuss.

Thanks,

Andrew

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011 08:52 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
Hello Andrew,

While I know that more and more Russian ladies are able to travel, I just want to put in a word of caution.
In order for the lady to travel and obtain a visa, she must be in a good financial position. Therefore you should not in any way support her trvel financially before meeting.
Any request in that direction, regardless of having spoken to her or not, should be treated as very suspicious.

However if she arrives on her dime, treat her like a queen!

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011 10:59 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hello Andrew

[welcome1.gif] to the board.

I agree with Shadow [thumbs.gif] that you should NEVER sent her any money until you meet and establish a relationship.

Don't fall for any excuses about money for Visa etc........ and if she needs a sponsor's letter to gets a visa.... then make sure you have a copy of her passport.

How old is your woman friend?

If, as Shadow said, arrives on her own steam..... then of course you should offer to help her with her expenses!

Treat carefully and do not fall in love with a photo or let your best friend to make the thinking!

[biggrin.gif]

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011 18:13 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
Andrew [hi.gif]

Nice to see you here and welcome to the board.

I am sure people here will try and be helpful if you need any advice.

[drinks.gif]

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011 20:05 

RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Andrew,
I do not wish to cast aspersions but please follow the advice given above.

If I am teaching my granny to suck eggs then so be it, but, better forewarned.

I hate to say this but you need to treat internet relationships with caution, I do not like tarring people with a wide brush but I will say that you need to exercise caution.

You have spoken with her on the phone, that is a good sign.

A few quick questions
Does her email address contain her name?
Has she sent you explicit photographs?

I ask these questions because dishonest women usually do not have their name as part of their email address and they sometimes send explicit photographs to help bait the trap.

Please note that these are not hard and fast rules just warning signs.

You did state that you have a few concerns, may I ask what are your concerns?

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011 22:10 

Thank you all for your concern, It shows in what you say to me and yes I am listening and taking heed of warnings.

Rasbonik, you also ask specificaly about my concerns so I will explain a little. I have heard 'alarms bells' ringing, I am not a fool and in the correspondence I have recently recieved from the lady I feel many things are not quite right. I have been in relationships over the years to understand the ways of women. I have three grown up daughters and a growing family of grandchildren, even at my relatively young age. But I digress.

There has been a number of excuses and reasons why I should not visit her, dangerous city, family traditions, I would like to visit you and visit London . . . then there are the excuses that her phone is stolen, we have talked a few times but only briefly. I would have thought that if a woman was serious about making a new life with a man in a different country she would do all she could to ensure that communications were open 24/7 . . . .

I fear I am being set up as a victim of a scam. Be assured my heart will not rule my mind, I will not send money to a woman I have not met personaly, preferably in her own country.

Today I ran a search on the IP address of her emails, advice taken from elsewhere on this forum . . . . not good . . . . Email originates in the Ukraine then travels via USA to UK . . . through several servers in the US and UK in fact some of the uK servers are quite close, (within 30miles), of where I live.

I now expect the 'money letter' tommorow . . . [sad.gif]

If it is so, I will post details so others can be aware . . .

Thank you all for your concerns.

Andrew

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011 07:47 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Andy

I did asked you how old is she?

AndyRam wrote:
There has been a number of excuses and reasons why I should not visit her, dangerous city, family traditions, I would like to visit you and visit London . . . then there are the excuses that her phone is stolen, we have talked a few times but only briefly. I would have thought that if a woman was serious about making a new life with a man in a different country she would do all she could to ensure that communications were open 24/7 . . . .

I fear I am being set up as a victim of a scam. Be assured my heart will not rule my mind, I will not send money to a woman I have not met personaly, preferably in her own country.

Today I ran a search on the IP address of her emails, advice taken from elsewhere on this forum . . . . not good . . . . Email originates in the Ukraine then travels via USA to UK . . . through several servers in the US and UK in fact some of the uK servers are quite close, (within 30miles), of where I live.

Run forest run.........smells like a rat to me........ and yes do post the information in the scammers section, when you get the letter for the lolly!

I am sure other people will help you to unravel fully her... or his ...... identity!

Sorry about that.

What age range are you looking for Andy?

We maybe we can help you with our personal contacts there! [wink.gif]

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011 10:35 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
She is correct, Russian cities are in constant terror as bears and criminals fight over supremacy. Police supports criminals because the bears do not pay bribes.

Family traditions in Russia say that if a man is seen entering the quarters of a woman or her family, the father will draw his Cossack sword and demand marriage to defend her honour.
However traveling to a distant land to meet a stranger is encouraged.

Izhvesk used to be a closed city in Soviet times, as it is home to the Kalashnikov production facilities. Of course all people living there have one or more products from that factory at home, and regularly use it on foreigners for target practice.

[drinks.gif]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next