All times are UTC

Post subject: Hallo everyone, much help needed, please
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 01 Jul 2014 20:41 

Her/His Country: Russia
Times_to_FSU: never
Hallo everyone, I am 65 and just retired I have lived and worked in England all my life,
I have my own house in England, fully paid for, I do not have a great pension £900 per month including state pension,
Now the reason I need your help,, please
I have a Russian girlfriend aged 47, we have been on holiday together in Spain, and chat everyday on Skype, now we want to be together and hope we can get married early next year, unless there is some law to prevent us,
I did not realise that we could not just get married and live like a normal married couple in either England or Russia, so could anyone please tell me wear we can live like a normal married couple from day one, I am happy to rent my house out in England and then rent a property in any country that will let us live there without visa/other problems,
I know we will not have much money each month, £900 pension £600 from rent, total £1500 per month not a great amount I know but its all we will have unless my wife can find work, at present she is a sale manage in a shop in Moscow,

any help or advice will be very much appreciated

Post subject: Re: Hallo everyone, much help needed, please
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 04 Jul 2014 09:20 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
Hello and [welcome1.gif] to the Board.

I am sorry for the delay in replying... summer you see everybody on holiday and wiz, the owner of the board unfortunately not available for the moment.

Any how glad to hear that you have found a Russian woman, with whom have you been creating a relationship and now you feel that is time to make the next step and get married, so you can live together.

Obviously there is no country which will allow you to move there without any visa etc.

I don't know if you had a good look around this forums and read various articles and comments, so I suggest, as you are retired now......to start reading and learn various aspects and information that maybe helpful to you.

Wiz was a pensioner when he brought his wife to UK, under the EU directive - Freedom of movement, which I expect as you are British National does not apply.

Have you visited your friend in Russia and which part of Russia she is living?

I think at the end of the day you will have to get married in Russia and then try to bring her here to UK.

Take a read on this articles for now......and we talk again.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=860

So patience and at the end you will achieve your aims.

Post subject: Re: Hallo everyone, much help needed, please
Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014 14:01 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Russia
Times_to_FSU: 10+
Almost any country in Europe you can go with your Russian wife except UK !!!! anyway many paces are better than the UK now , so consider moving to South of France or Spain .

Getting married in Russia is easy , forget doing it in the UK , there are no benefits and lots of costs , besides a Russian wedding is normally are very interesting and special occasion , I have never been to a UK wedding that was anything less than boring