All times are UTC

Post subject: How I found RussianWorldForums.com
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014 00:47 

Her/His Country: Russia
I used Google to find this forum. Im pretty sure I typed something like "Russian Dating Site" or something very similar. There was a link in the organic(free) search results and I clicked on the link and arrived on the site.

I spent several minutes looking around on the site and decided that this would be a good place to join since I have started communicating with a woman that says she is in Olenegorsk and we seem to have a romantic interest in each other.

She has indicated her interest in coming to the US and I would like to visit her in the FSU before we do the work to bring her to the US. I need to first establish that she is indeed who and where she says she is, and is not a scammer of some sort. That is my initial interest, to get advice on how to confirm her identity and location, and then to determine the process and expected/traditional costs and time it will take to bring her to the US for a visit.

Thanks in advance to all that assist me in my efforts!

Post subject: Re: How I found RussianWorldForums.com
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014 19:19 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hello Richard ....... (if that is your real name [wink.gif] )

and [welcome1.gif] to the board.

I am glad that you spent time reading the various posts about scammers....and finally exposed her for who she is.

On these days you have to be extremely careful because Dating scamming has become a very big business and there are many groups around using the BAT program trying to catch some innocent people and scam them, especially Americans who are very generous.

I think there are many programs, like TinEye which you can use to locate the photos.... but looking those you have published.... I think you have been unlucky and you did not received the very sexy enticing ones... [haha.gif] to push you over to send the money!

There are few free sites, as mentioned in many posts, where you can find genuine women and when you start communicating make sure you ask for their telephone number. In my experience.... there is hardly any woman in Russia that does not have a mobile...... and most of them have PC's at home. Skype and talk becomes very interesting and have time to find out many details about them.

Well thank you for adding another couple of interesting posts regarding your experience and do not give up. there is an abundance of very honest pretty girls in Russia.

After all treat your sear as an adventure and you will be very pleased of what you can see, over there, especially in Moscow and St. Petersburg.

The board may look slow.....because most of the regulars are married.....but the visitors are very high. Your posts have already read by around 40 people.

Good luck with your search and keep us posted.....always nice talking to new members.

[drinks.gif]

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014 20:10 

Thanks for the note and tips. My real name is 'Steven'..the 'Richard' was just the name I found on the sample letter template located with my Google search. I didnt post (her) actual letters to me, but as I have previously indicated, they were word for word almost identical to the ones that I found with the Google search.

I sent the scammer a link to the letter collection I found last evening, and today, the first day in weeks, I did not get a letter.

I'm not at all surprised! She or maybe he got busted.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 13 Oct 2014 18:43 

Her/His Country: USA
I was doing a search on Romanov Coronation Robes, and was led to this website.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 14 Oct 2014 06:03 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
TLJ110166 wrote:
I was doing a search on Romanov Coronation Robes, and was led to this website.

You are [welcome1.gif] anyway......

[drinks.gif]