All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 20 Sep 2015 23:19 

Her/His Country: Bashkortostan
Times_to_FSU: 3
Hi
Thanks for the access to the forums here. I found the site through searching for information relating to the current situation in getting a visa for my fiance who resides in Ufa. We have been in a relationship for almost two years after I met her in Turkey where she then lived. I have visited her twice in Ufa over the last few months and will be back again towards the end of the year [thanks.gif]

Post subject: Re: Hi
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 22 Sep 2015 21:17 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hello and [welcome1.gif] welcome to the board.

My wife is from Ufa too and I have visited the place for more than 7 times..... during the past 8 years.

Regarding the visa, I got fed up applying for one and stopped going there any more. I will go back only when I will not have the need to have one.

Any way if you like to know more... take a look at the travel reports.

It would be nice if you write about your own experience, getting a visa, now, and your experiences over there.

[drinks.gif]

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 27 Sep 2015 13:04 

Her/His Country: Bashkortostan
Times_to_FSU: 3
Hi there [wave.gif]

Well I have been to Ufa twice this year, over Christmas and new year then again in the summer where we also took a raft trip for seven days on the white river. Ufa isn't exactly a tourist hotspot in Russia as you will know but for someone from Scotland it presents a view of what life is like in industrial Russia. I found the people generally the same as anywhere in the world, they want to prosper and do the best they can for themselves and their children, and everyone seemed friendly and interested in my perspective.

I am planning another trip out this year and will spend a month there in December through to January.

Like everybody else I apply for a visa, in my case, through the consulate in Edinburgh and have not had any problems with the applications. My problem has been to get a visa for my friend to visit me here in the UK. We already had a refusal earlier this year even though they accepted that I met all the criteria. Unfortunately this was not enough. It would be good to learn about the experiences of other people here regarding best practice in obtaining permission for a visit.

Anyway I am open to questions or sharing an opinion if there is anything you would like me to comment on.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 27 Sep 2015 13:35 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
willclarke wrote:
Hi there [wave.gif]

My problem has been to get a visa for my friend to visit me here in the UK. We already had a refusal earlier this year even though they accepted that I met all the criteria. Unfortunately this was not enough. It would be good to learn about the experiences of other people here regarding best practice in obtaining permission for a visit.

Hello and [welcome1.gif] to the board.

It has been a long time since I was involved in the visa game so I would appreciate, if you don't mind, to elaborate about the refusal! [sad.gif]

The new conditions and restrictions, maybe helpful to other people too.

Luckyspin