All times are UTC

Post subject: When you were searching, did you have a list of.............
Post Number:#  PostPosted: 12 Sep 2016 19:02 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

non-negotiable qualities you wanted in a wife?

Such as, nice person, good family, etc., etc.?

What were they?

Post subject: Re: When you were searching, did you have a list of.........
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016 12:48 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Brian

Did you read my travel report?

It's all there....: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13

Regards

[veryhappy.gif]

wiz

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016 17:25 

Her/His Country: Moldova
RW_here_since: 2008
Times_to_FSU: lost count
Not really Brian. I had zero requirements when I first started searching. As time passed, I limited my search to the lesser "fished ponds" of the FSU like Moldova and Belarus.

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016 21:40 

GTR wrote:
Not really Brian. I had zero requirements when I first started searching. As time passed, I limited my search to the lesser "fished ponds" of the FSU like Moldova and Belarus.

Thanks for the response, GTR. Good to see you here.

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016 21:41 

wiz wrote:
Brian

Did you read my travel report?

It's all there....: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13

Regards

[veryhappy.gif]

wiz

Thanks, Wiz!

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016 20:27 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
That is a very interesting question Brian. For me it has been so long I had to think about it a bit.

I am going to cover a lot of pluses and minuses here with my answer.

There were things that are important to many that were not important to me.

Beauty. Although I ended up marrying a woman who is quite pretty it was low on my priority list. I dated some beautiful women in Russia and some that were, to be kind, not all that pretty. You can substitute not that pretty for any word you want and it would fit. I cared more about other qualities such as being a good person.

Height and weight. I can't say height mattered at all. I wrote one woman who was 6'6" and dated one that was about 6'3 and I dated some that were less than 5 feet. I am 5'10". I am not all that attracted to woman who are carrying more weight than they should be do recall one gal from Kiev who was an armful but I would have been more than willing to overlook that since she had a lot of the characteristics I liked.

This might seem odd but I avoided writing anyone who mentioned a love of dogs or animals in their listing. I like dogs but had enough bad experiences that I don't like the confinement and other things that go along with having a dog or animals and really didn't want a wife who was only happy if she had a pack of dogs running around the house. Of course my wife got dead set in having a dog and I gave in after trying to point out the negatives. So we have had a little dog running our lives for the past 4 or 5 months. My wife now agrees that I was right in not wanting a dog and says this will be the last one. We are very attached to the dog and it is a lot of company but it is a very spoiled little critter and wants constant attention.

I usually avoided Doctors particularly if they would have wanted to be one here since it is a demanding profession but otherwise it didn't make any difference to me what they did. I would have been fine with a university professor or a street sweeper.

Kids were another thing that I looked at. My search went on a long time and that changed some as I went. At first I would have preferred a woman who wanted kids or who had some and was receptive to more but as my search went on that changed. I looked at a women with one or more teen aged kids as a negative. It is a tough time for a kid and didn't feel they would have bonded with me as well. I was ok with someone with younger kids or grown kids. I did date some women with teen aged kids and there were a few girls in particular that seemed like they could have been a challenge. I do remember getting along really well with one ladies teen aged son.

As far as age goes at first I looked mostly at younger women, some very young. I had dated many much younger women in the USA and it was easier there. The main reason wasn't that I wanted a young hottie so much as I would have at that point in time preferred to have a family together. On my last go round I really was looking most for a woman in her 40's. I considered 35-45 as the main age I would contact but would consider women from 30 to 55. I had also decided not to contact anyone under 30. Then one day I saw one listing that I liked so much by a woman who was 28 that I broke my rule one time and of course as many of you know that was the one I ended up marrying. So much for rules.

The things I cared about the most were things that are hard to define. I looked more for someone with good inner qualities, Someone with a nice personality, someone who would be a partner in my life and someone who was pleasant to be around.