All times are UTC

Post subject: Are RW/UW personalities different from Western women?
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011 20:14 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Are Ukrainian/Russian women's personalities different from Western women?

Are Russian women's personalities different from Western women?

Yes, they are a bit different. They don't have a different type of character, and they also love shopping and chatting. They are human beings and they are definitely not perfect.

The main difference is that they are much more patient and can tolerate things that Western women will never be able to bear. They are more considerate and dependable. They are partners, not competitors.

Another important difference is that Russian women (and Russians in general) have very low self-esteem. They are very insecure. While Western women think that they are goddesses and able to cope with anything on their own, a Russian woman (living in Russia and married to a Russian man) will rarely leave a bad (really BAD) husband because of the fear that she won't find another one. For many years the state and men have been oppressing them, and they don't think much about themselves.

Russian women are well groomed, stylish, educated and intelligent (as are Russians in general) also diets and sports are not as popular as in the west. Nevertheless, they are rarely overweight - they still walk a lot because they don't have cars, and don't eat junk food (which is strange enough is considered expensive - compared to home made meals).

They do not have to make an effort to live healthy - it just comes natural. The greatest difference between Russian women and western women is precisely captured by linguistics: in English you call it, "to share your life with" and in Russian they call it, "to join our lives together".

Where you will often find a western woman being a competitor in a relationship, a Russian woman is a partner.

PS: The above is not my writing..... It was received this morning by email and I wonder what are your views after reading it?

Post subject: Re: Are RW/UW personalities different from Western women?
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011 21:30 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
Did Hanna make you write that ? [underchair.gif]

Patience is a virtue that I have not discovered in Russian Women.
They are more tolerant towards mistakes and bad happenings in life, and are a partner in life beyond anything else.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011 23:01 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Shadow wrote:
Did Hanna make you write that ? [underchair.gif]

Patience is a virtue that I have not discovered in Russian Women.
They are more tolerant towards mistakes and bad happenings in life, and are a partner in life beyond anything else.

Didn't you read my foot note old boy?

Not my writing! So Hanna has nothing to do with it [wink.gif]

Patience? What is that .... not on their book! [biggrin.gif]

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011 06:16 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Ukraine/UK
RW_here_since: 2006
Times_to_FSU: Several
I think mostly, widely accepted and most "astonishingly" accurate, about women, is this:

Women do not apologize to men and it's true.

I cannot say they never do BUT it is within a few millimetres from never. [wink.gif]

This is also true about most FSU Women.

It is extremely difficult for an FSU woman to admit to being "wrong" or accept responsibility for virtually anything, BUT they do other things which are their ways of saying "sorry".

My wife, after gone away for a little while, when I called out a mistake of hers ..... then she comeback and gives me a kiss. [biggrin.gif]

It has taken me a long time to figure this out, but the most important lesson I learned is to never take anything a Russian woman says or does personally. As stupid as that must sound, it has absolutely changed my relationship with my Russian wife. It is a very different mindset and a much more successful one.

Rarely is there ever a real, honest to God, problem but more of a mood swing, and sometimes this is a game just to see ......... if I care enough about her to battle back. To be honest I find difficult to put it into words.

[underchair.gif]