All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The benefit of forums.
Post Number:#31  PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011 17:15 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Ukraine/Holland
RW_here_since: 04-december-2008
Times_to_FSU: Lost count in 2010
Turboguy wrote:
Turboguy wrote:
When I read Az's post accusing me of a personal attack, I kept rereading that to see what in the h-ll he could be talking about. Someone seeing what I said as a personal attack must either have a very active imagination or a very low IQ. My conclusion was that they were setting me up to ban me because they didn't like it that someone was telling the truth.

Az contacted me by pm and let me know that his IQ is in the 130's and said it was ok to post that here so it is definately not a case of low IQ and must be a very active imagination. I have also asked him to clarify what he saw in my post as a personal attack since whatever it is must be beyond my limited IQ.

I am so glad I left those forums! I have been thinking about registring at RMP, but so far I haven't felt the need to be active on more RW forums.

Post Number:#32  PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011 19:41 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Sometimes I think I would be smart to cut back on forums a bit. I had not been on RMP since the problems there and it was just a fluke that I stopped there today and found I had a couple of pm's. I may start participating there someday but I think it will be a while yet.

I particiapate here, at RWD, at RUA, in the Russian Regional part of VJ. Then I participate in two forums in my industry, one of which I started and am the administrator. It's not real active so it doesn't take that much time. I just joined a stock market forum and sometimes visit a couple related to web design and forum software (ie the SMF forum) That is enough. If I don't go back to RMP I will still have lots of forums to waste time on and to let me avoid work.

Post Number:#33  PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011 14:44 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
I have not been over to RMP since the troubles because I went away to Spain to celebrate our 3 years wedding anniversary so since my comeback had to catch up with several things and have not kept track of any new developments.

Yesterday for the first time I had time to go around the boards and noticed one of the most prolific posters over there, Spoon, has now moved to RWD, where also our own Cheesy posts too.

Unlike you, I am retired so I have more time in my hands to play around and during my time, over the years, on the other big boards that have now ban me, come to realise that the two large boards were nothing more than businesses with vested interests. Always a rebel and a person with mind of my own I was not prepared to be manipulated neither be part of the shenanigans that go on over there, so after certain disagreements with their owners I guessed what is going to happen in the future, so together with Lucky we started this board, where we will have no advertising commitments or any commercial affiliations as a place where we can come and enjoy talking to each other, debate various subjects and of course have fun too.

Over the time that this board is running I have not tried to poach any members of the other boards, while posting there, to make sure that I will never be accused of doing such a thing. Of course I have tried to promote our board but used either personal direct contacts or other means, as the social networks sites but more importantly concentrated on the search engine optimisation so our board appears in most searches on Google in the first page. Meanwhile I continued posting on RWD but soon Manny started his usual attacks, together with Dan but very soon, Dan realised that such exchanges bring a lot of attention to myself and also to our board so he banned me for second time.

My policy has not changed and with regards to members from RMP, after my last spat with Dan over there, I was asked by a couple of Mods if they can come and join us, to which of course I agreed. I like RMP, (another board without advertisements) but lately few things took place there so now I spent more time here, also on the Real Russia board and from time to time take a look to the other two.

The truth of the matter is when you get married then with time you start loosing interest and married family life takes over and I expect you must have noticed that lately made very few posts here too.

Finally, I have to point out that I like our small board and will continue its leisurely existence as a long as I have time and can afford the bills. I am very happy that certain members who have been here from the start, continue visiting and posting, whenever they have time or want too, other's who came from RUA, have come and gone.......

BUT at the end while having our fun, if we can help anybody on the way.... so much the better!

[aferim.gif]