All times are UTC

Post subject: It's been awhile!
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012 17:49 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Times_to_FSU: 10+
I thought about the old RW forums, it's amazing that once you get married you don't have the time or desire to visit often, and decided to say hello!

Just a quick update as I have been married since last November and life is good.

Like all marriages there is an adjustment period when you go from "me" to "we" and it is made harder when that person comes from another country. In our case, the normal Adjustment of Status period in America (the period between your Fiancee visa and permanent resident status) usually takes about 4 months and during that time the foreign national can't leave the country, work, and in my state drive.

Well, 4 months is not too long, but sometimes it can take much longer and in our case it was a good 9 months. Needles to say, my wife was going a little stir crazy.

Anyways, all is well and and I hope WIZ and others are doing well...

Oh, is it worth the effort, well if you find the right person I would say yes, but I'll still say that the advice I would tell the vast majority of men is to look local. If you can't find anyone locally then figure out what's wrong with yourself and fix it as that will be a lot easier than dating someone in another country and spending enough time with them to know that they are the one for you and want to be with you because of who you are and not because of what you have.

Post subject: Re: It's been awhile!
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012 05:50 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
Hi Wichssy

Nice to hear the good news and together with your wife please accept my !

Wish you both all the very best for a Happy life together
and now you will have to stop running in foreign countries.......
and stay close home! [wink.gif]

[bravo1.gif]

PS: Changed your status...... chance of any wedding photos?

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012 15:51 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: UK
RW_here_since: 2008
Times_to_FSU: I was born there!
Hello wicheese! [hi.gif]

Nice to see you back and my congratulations for your marriage with your lovely wife. [clap.gif]

Yes, you are on the stage with all initial difficulties, which all of us went through.

Ah… I remember my self it was big disappointment with no work because of language and also you have to learn a lot of new things. It takes time before you overcome these problems.

However, if husband will support her, have a lot of patient and love then she will adjust herself and she will achieve her aim, then you both will be rewarded. [happy.gif]

Hanna

[cheer.gif]

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012 18:19 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hello [welcome1.gif] back and

Glad to hear he best news......and I hope all is going well. I guess the intitial period must have been very difficult for a lady who was used to work.....and looks that the immigration is taking its time.........

Donholio still waiting!... [sad.gif] but I hope pretty soon he will tell us the good news.

Time flies and all of us slow down visiting the boards......but for us it has been a steady , usual numbers. More than 1000 a week.... [veryhappy.gif]

Totally agree with your last comments...... I said the same to a friend of mine, Eco, who has no problem attracting many women locally... but got on his head that Russian women are the best!...

Now he has found a beautiful lady in Belarus and is going there, first time, next week...... [clap.gif]

Any how I know my wife would love to see wedding photos so if you have permission from FSB....... post some please.

and finally.......

All the very best wishes to you and your lovely wife!

wiz

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 03 Sep 2012 04:27 
Expert Member

RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Times_to_FSU: 10+
Thanks for the comments!

OK, here are a few pictures as the wedding was down in Florida so my very elderly grandmother could attend. Her parents and brother came in from Russia so it was a small family affair. Pictures were on the nearby beach, but as we figured out, pictures on the beach are not always the best thing in the middle of the day as it can be too bright.

Related to Hannah's comments, yes, the first year is the hardest as there is a lot of transition (much more for her as she has given everything up to make a new life in another country with a whole lot of uncertainties, especially during the current economic climate) and despite the fact that we probably spent more face time together than the vast majority of men who travel to the FSU looking for a nice lady, we still find out new things about each other (I'm thinking much has to do with the fact that even with all the visits, one is still visiting as a tourist which can be a different perspective from actually living life together). Anyways, all is good as she is practical and as she said, the most important thing is that there is a lot of love in the relationship...

Wedding Photos

Mark and Natasha

On the beach!

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012 14:58 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
Congratulations for the tow of you, and hopefully things will continue to go smoothly.

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 14:48 

RW_here_since: 2006
Times_to_FSU: Lost Count
Mark and Natasha Congratulations from the sunshine state [wave.gif] Nice photos and yes you have to be careful and use filters when photographing here in Florida.
Olga and I wish you all the best. [clap.gif]