All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Age and Russian women
Post Number:#141  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010 20:49 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Ukraine
RW_here_since: 3 years
Times_to_FSU: Lived there 3 years
wiz wrote:
Ecocks wrote:
Speaking of vacation plans, I am soooo torn right now between Alaska and the Caribbean.

We both need a vacation BADLY after being apart for 9 months of stress, broken only by Skype calls and daily text messages.

I can feel that you are very stressed, from your posts, so I would suggest take wifey to the hot Caribbean, relax and have fun........leave Alaska for another time!

I am still in Russia and the temperature is +35 so I look forward going to UK tommorrow for better atmosphere and to watch Wimbleton Tennis.

Then in October I am planning taking the other half to Greece again, on the island of Kos....for some pleasant relaxing holiday!

Good luck with your plans and take it easy... do not stress that much, soon she will be with you!

[drinks.gif]

Sigh, yes. The problem is that I hate the beach so I like things that are more interactive . If I go where it's hot, I need some place with History tours, Hunting, Military stuff, dive trips or the like. The good thing about Alaska is the non-stop, over-the-top breath-taking scenery (mountains, forrests, glaciers, railroads), wildlife (samon, whales, bears, eagles), Russian connection (I loved Sitka), Indian and Frontier histories.

Remember it is summer up there right now.

Post Number:#142  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010 22:00 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
I am not a real beach person myself but there are lots to do on the islands besides lay on the beach. Depending on where you go there are jet ski rentals, swiming with the stingrays, submarine rides through coral reefs, diving snorklings, windsurfing, old forts, museaums, moped rentals, bike rentals and lots more.

As I mentioned I haven't been to Alaska. It is one of the two states I haven't made yet but from what I have heard the scenery is awsome and yes, it would not be cold there now and the days would be long.

Post Number:#143  PostPosted: 25 Jun 2010 16:13 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Back on the UK now [wave.gif]

and the temperature has improved..... it is only +30 C .... and very hot and they predict will remain on the same level over the weekend! :(

Any how I like the beach holidays.....but I do not spent all day lying in the sun!

Most of the time we travel around to different places by car and scuba diving, or fishing is an enjoyable time for me but wife likes to be in the water together with the fish all the time, where I prefer coffee and a smoke..... in the shade! :lol:

In Kos island, Greece, we love going to the Spa hot water in the evening....... before going out for dinner...after 10 PM and it's fantastic for our health and mood........like having a great massage!

Alaska is too far for me and not the type of holidays I would like to go for....... sorry! :oops:

Post Number:#144  PostPosted: 25 Jun 2010 19:34 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: USA
RW_here_since: 2006
Welcome back! [wave.gif]

wiz wrote:
In Kos island, Greece, we love going to the Spa hot water in the evening....... before going out for dinner...after 10 PM and it's fantastic for our health and mood........like having a great massage!

Robert and I also love the Spa hot water and I agree with you it is very good for health and very relaxing.
The best water massage I got in Jamaica, Mayfield Falls. That was a deep tissue massage :lol:

"Wash machine"

I really recommend Mayfield Falls, we had so much fun, but it takes a lot of energy to walk against the current and time to time jumping from stone to stone.

Post Number:#145  PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010 08:00 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
Olga wrote:
Welcome back! [wave.gif]

wiz wrote:

Robert and I also love the Spa hot water and I agree with you it is very good for health and very relaxing.
The best water massage I got in Jamaica, Mayfield Falls. That was a deep tissue massage :lol:

"Wash machine"

I really recommend Mayfield Falls, we had so much fun, but it takes a lot of energy to walk against the current and time to time jumping from stone to stone.

Olga

Dare I say you are looking gorgeous in the water.

Thank you for the photos!

[thumbs.gif]

PS Wiz belated welcomeback! [hi.gif]

Post Number:#146  PostPosted: 16 Aug 2010 12:02 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Turbo

You have been married for sometime now with a beautiful Russian wife who has a large age gap with you, so what is you take regarding long term relationships with these two preconditions?

Have you views changed and with your experience would you do anything different?

Do you think other people, for example like TomT, have a chance to achieve the same happiness that you seem to have achieved with your Iren?

Has she been back home yet?

[drinks.gif]

Post Number:#147  PostPosted: 16 Aug 2010 15:45 
Veteran Member

Oh, I don't know how to answer that Wiz. Truthfully we haven't had a bit of problems. I think as I have always felt that finding someone you are compatable with is far more important than the age difference. In our case I was primarily looking for someone a little older and she was primarily looking for someone a little younger but we were both open to an age gap. Personally I think most people will have an easier time of finding someone compatable if they don't stretch the age gap as much as we did but for us it has not created any problems at least not yet.

I dont' really think my views have changed or that I would do anything different. In our two and a half years of marriage I can't say we have really had a fight. I may have gotten my butt chewed out once or twice but all in all we get along great and enjoy being with each other.

I think in TomT's case he will do fine. I only know Nessie from her posts but she seems like a really good gal and I think they will find the same happiness that Iren and I have found.

Iren has been back home once, a year ago for two months. Her plan has been to go every other year and bring her Mom on the years between. Her Mom was here for a month and went back home on August 4th. Her mom did mention that she was getting old for such a long trip and may not want to come back except one time. We are going to be house shopping in the not too distant future and she would like to come back to see the new place otherwise I am not sure she will be visiting and I am not sure if that will change Iren's plans to visit every two years. It is possible if her Mom quits coming she will go back every year. Normally Iren plans to go for a month. The last time she needed to get her Russian passport renewed and needed dental work and did the extra time in case the passport came through slowly.

I think I made some mention of the fact that I had dinner with jb in April when he was up in W. PA, near me. One of the funny things I noticed was that early in our conversation he asked how the marriage was going. I could swear I saw a bit of a look of disappointment on his face when I answered "great". Not that he wishes me bad. I am sure he doesn't but I think he felt with the age difference there would be a lot of problems and expected that to be my answer. There is an old thread over at Dan's where jb and Jack were talking about betting on my marriage. jb made the comment that he would bet we would not make it the "required" three years. (I am not sure why 3 years is a requirement.) Jack wanted to bet him a couple of thousand that we would. I do plan to make a post in December when we have our third anniversary and quote that. I think it will be funny.

Post Number:#148  PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010 05:22 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
Turbo

I understand you were searching to find a Russian/Ukrainian wife for around 10 years.

I wonder, what really made you persist in your search finding a woman much younger and not one near your age?

Was it your desire to have a youthful and beautiful wife next to you, an arm candy or trophy wife, as they say or were you looking for other qualities too apart from her been slim and with beautiful looking appearance?

What I am really curious is why it took you so long to find the right woman for you?

Post Number:#149  PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010 12:26 
Veteran Member

Luckyspin wrote:
Turbo

I understand you were searching to find a Russian/Ukrainian wife for around 10 years.

I wonder, what really made you persist in your search finding a woman much younger and not one near your age?

Was it your desire to have a youthful and beautiful wife next to you, an arm candy or trophy wife, as they say or were you looking for other qualities too apart from her been slim and with beautiful looking appearance?

What I am really curious is why it took you so long to find the right woman for you?

Those are good questions Lucky. First off it was longer than 10 years. Probably more like 13 years or so.

Well, I did waste about 4 of those years or so trying big agency tours which were a waste. My first years where at a busy time of my life and I was doing an average of a trip a year and it was back in the snail mail (pre-internet) days when things were much harder. Towards the end of my search I made it my priority and I was flying back and forth across the sea so often that a plane seemed like my second home. Once I got into that mode it didn't take long.

As far as searching for eye candy or a trophy wife, that was never my interest. Some of the women I was interested in were quite ugly and I cared more about the inner person.

Something I have never really talked about on the forums is that when my wife of 18 years and I seperated and divorced, I thought the life we had together was great just I couldn't stand being with her and my dream at that point in my life was to try to have the same kind of life with someone I liked being with. I really liked family life and would have liked to find a good woman to marry, to have kids again and to build a similar life. Most of the older women I dated already had all the kids they wanted and so I started chasing younger women. There was Vickie who I lived with for 3 1/2 years who was 21 when I met her (I was 45). She was beautiful but totally nuts. After Vickie was Molly 21, Audry 23, Isabell 30 and never married (I proposed but she turned me down) and Andria who was 21 when I was 50. There were also some women closer to my age as well. My point in mentioning this is that I was not uncomfortable with an age gap even then.

Isabell was from South America but living in the USA and it got me thinking about foreign women. I started off writing some women from S.A. and then wrote some from the Phillipines. It was at a time in my life when I had started a new business which was struggling so I didn't have a lot of free time or enough cash to do it right. Later a friend showed me a catalog for a company called Club Prima which was RW and soon I forgot all about Asian or Latin women.

When I started to write and meet RW the ages were anywhere from the late teens to the late 30's Actually in the early part of my search the only woman I met who seemed sincere and like good wife material was a gal from Kiev who was 19. The late 30's ones I met were either nuts or desperate.

On the last go round I really was targeting older women. I won't say I was looking for someone close to my age but there was one I liked a lot who was in her mid 50's but she stopped writing to me so I never met her. I considered my prime target to be someone beween 35 and 45. I had decided to write no one under 30 and that if I saw a profile I liked I would go as high as 55. I made one exception to the no one under 30 and it was a profile that I really, really liked and I thought about if I should write or not for a few hours before I decided to break my own rule and that is the woman I ended up marrying but it didn't matter to me that she was 28. She could have been 58 and I would have still liked what she wrote and said.

There is a trip by trip, TR here if you want more details but that is pretty much the story.

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012 02:06 
I must say that I am glad that the age of Anna is close to my age so that I know that this will never be an issue for us. She is 38 and I am 41. We both have 2 children, so yes, we both have the baggage also. I must say though I get many comments from friends who see her photos that think she is very young. Yes she is beautiful but is that all there is too her? No, I love her values and I like to see how she interacts with her own children. These are very strong deciding factors for me because I came out of a bad marriage where she did not even love her own children let alone mine. I do not think I would want a young woman in her early 20's regardless of how beautiful she seems because I am looking for more than just the outward appearance.
privetanna1955

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15