All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Age and Russian women
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 18 Nov 2008 14:20 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember

Finding the answer to this hard question it would be advisable that first we should look inwards to ourselves and examine our own personality, desires, willingness and actions to achieve our own goals. Understanding and know ourselves is very important before we start our search to find the other half, our soul mate. Then of course we should look to our knowledge of the external factors which affect our search for finding the right person.

Russian men are notorious age freaks and any particular reasons are hard to find and the prime for a Russian woman is known to be around 20-25 years old. A teenage RM or of the same age are attracted to the same group. A 30-35 RM do also want women from that very same age group. When a RM reaches 40-45, still tend to look at the same women age group. Russian men say that, women drastically lose their attractiveness after 25. They give births, their bodies are sagging, their faces become less baby like and fresh and most women gain weight after birth. Russian Men want a total, absolute, perfect doll that turns heads.

A single quality man in Russia would create excitement, competition and a big female fuss around him. When Russian women say ‘there are no men around’, they mean ‘there are no suitable men around’. The male marriage material is scarce, not the men as such.

If we move the age scale a bit forward, we will see that starting from 35-40 years of life RM begin either to loose a lot in their quality of looks, health and attitude, or to dye off. So what age group prevails among men in the online dating sites and agencies who target Russian women? It is very clear the 40 + years old.

This and the respective competition among women resulted in extremely high requirements for women in Russia. That’s why Russian women put a lot of efforts to look their best. Russian men set the beauty bar very, very high. Men of all ages prefer women 20-25 years old, no older. They tend to think that after 25 years old a woman is garbage.

It is obvious that the chances of a 40+ RW finding a man in Russia are very slim. In my experience, men are more or less the same everywhere on earth. Nobody wants to add an extra burden to his or her life. BUT! It seems that Western males are more educated about what is believed to be a good “family man”. They are capable of creating good first impressions through their emails/phone conversations, which can hold a woman interested for quite a while. Behind all the politically-correct words, there is still the same guy looking for a less troubled relationship than he used to have with his ex. I believe that a woman can figure out what kind of person she communicates with and what his true intentions are only when she has lived with the man for a while. It takes time to get to the “core”…whether the man actually meant what he tried to convey in his letters. Also, an average Western man understands that it is not financially feasible to maintain a long-distance dating for a long time, so he has to make his mind quickly, which is definitely different from the way a next-door Russian man thinks…

So, looking for “marriage material”, you can understand very quickly, only a foreign guy would marry a 40 + Russian woman with a certain past and “baggage”. At least, foreign men declare that that they have serious intentions and are willing to settle down. That is why Russian women post their profiles to so many dating sites, looking for a partner abroad.

Of course it is obvious that Western men, especially Americans, looking for a woman in the FSU countries they have a huge choice and of course they are looking to find young and very attractive women, especially when they know that RW have already indicated in their profiles that they are willing to accept large age differences, something that is more restricted in the West, and who can blame them.

Why should a man go to such huge expense to travel from one side of the planet to the other to find “Damaged Goods” and not choose one of the same group 20 -30 years max, like its Russian counterparts?

Consequently there is a very small number of serious Western men who will pursuit a RW of 40+ with a certain past and “baggage”. We must not also forget that most of the men looking for a woman in the FSU treat this endeavour as an adventure!

Post subject: Re: Age and Russian women
Post Number:#  PostPosted: 18 Nov 2008 23:42 
Very interesting and mostly true words. :D

The "age thing" comes into every forum. I don't juust mean Russian forums either! ALL forums about relationships!

My thoughts are; If it's right, then it's right! Age is not an issue, unless you let it become one. I let that happen to me! I had a problem living with a 26 year old, finished it and sometimes regretted it... Until I met Larisa and saw how a true, honest, good woman could change my life forever! :D

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 30 Jan 2009 06:52 
Really, I am very appreciate on you that you are discussing a very nice topic.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009 12:26 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Age is a factor.

He is in his late 40's early 50's she is in her 20's

Ten years later ...............

Fifteen years later ...........

And he wonders why she has just said (до свидания) goodbye.

A puppy is not just for Christmas, neither is a soul mate.
A woman from the former FSU is still a woman.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009 13:23 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
Rasboinik wrote:
Age is a factor.

He is in his late 40's early 50's she is in her 20's

A woman from the former FSU is still a woman.

So do they have anything in common apart from a monetary connection and arm candy?

I think maximum 20 years age difference could be acceptable but for the serious women looking to create a family and not to be an ornament!

Any more and you are looking for trouble.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009 14:42 

In my opinion it depends more on the range than just the numerical difference.
If we take 20 as the magic number.
In my opinion the difference between a 20 year old and a 40 year old is far greater than say a 30 year old and a 50 year old.
Not only a difference in wants, needs, desires but also in general interests.

As far as a relationship based solely upon a monetary connection and arm candy I do not think that such a relationship would survive for more than a short time.

Yes to each their own and far be it for me to say that my opinion is the only valid opinion

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 14 Apr 2009 05:47 
Admin

I agree

The older age the couple is the smaller the differences, in appearance, attitudes and wants as you say.

I am sure a woman of 40’s with a man of 60’s will notice little difference despite she is very young and their outlook of life is very similar.

On the other hand, let’s be honest, us men, we like them looking young and make us feel younger despite our age! ;) :D

As about huge differences over 20 yrs I agree with you except if you have few millions then she will wait her time till you kick the bucket!

Like you my views are no better than anybody else for that matter and each to its own! :|

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 14 Apr 2009 06:29 

Yes a few million will keep a dolly bird hanging around :lol:

On the other hand a friend in his 40's just got rid of his G/F in her early (very early) 20's.
His comment was I want to have a family and I want my family to stay as a family, I am now looking for an older woman.
And he is (they both are) Russian.

Yes most definatly Russian men consider any woman that will not see her 30th birthday again as a has been but I guess that there are exceptions that prove the rule.

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 15 Apr 2009 05:36 
Admin

Rasboinik wrote:
Yes a few million will keep a dolly bird hanging around :lol:
When money speaks the truth is silent - Russian Proverb

I do know of a very young and attractive Russian woman in her 20's married to this old dedouska of nearly 70 years old. I have seen her and his photos together and on their own. She is looking like his grandaughter.

He said in one of his posts, on another forum, that she was been pursuit by many foreign men...... but when they met in the agency, she was very atracted to him and choose to marry him after 2 weeks romance! :lol:

Later he revealed that they were sleeping on different rooms..... because he was snoring and his wife could not sleep! :lol:

It was claimed also that they were very happy! :D

Probably!
:haha:

UPDATE

Today I was reading the other forum, where he normally posts and read that they divorcing after been together for many years!

Sad really!

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 18 Apr 2009 13:32 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Wiz, if you are talking about who I think you are talking about he is not almost 70, he is 58 right now. I will agree he looked older before he took off some weight and dyed his hair. His former wife is 29 or 30.

Age gap threads are a little funny, everyone says, oh, no not another age gap thread, what can be said, they have been talked to death and then they promply jump right in and have post after post mostly saying little new.

Personally, I would disagree with the thought that a 20 year old would not fit as well with a 40 year old as a 40 year old woman would fit with a 60 year old man. A lot of guys at 40 can keep up with someone in thier 20's, have the same interests and fit well. I think by 60 a lot of people are starting to wear down, have more health issues and less energy where a 40 year old woman may still be going strong. I dated a lot of women in their 20's when I was in my 40's even late 40's and never noticed any problem with life stages or different interests. I think the perception of someone changes when they cross that 60 threshold. People start to think of them as having one foot in the grave even though that person may live another 30 years or more. When I turned 60 I was still dating some AW and found my appeal went way down with that one birthday. People just perceive you differently.

I believe I read Don mentioned the same thing, in a post on another board. I saw some of his posts a few years ago on the former RWG. Nice to know he is still around and they are happy. He is the only one I have found with a bigger age gap than my wife and I have. (mine is 37 1/2 years).

Personally I think the age gap thing is overrated as a big risk in marriages. I think there are a lot of more important issues that just invove the differences of people as individuals and how their goals intermesh. I would never suggest to anyone that they persue an age gap marriage but a lot of people start looking at RW with no intention of looking for a much younger woman and then they find they have no problem attracting a younger woman and the idea suddenly appeals to them. Younger women do tend to be more attractive, have less baggage and still have a great figure. If that is the motivation and they look only at the physical side of a women they are probably heading for disaster. After you spend a few years with a woman you think a lot less about how beautiful her face or body are and a lot more about how well you communicate and how much you do or don't enjoy being together and doing things together. I do think one of the pitfalls of marrying a RW is that people get blinded by the beauty and nice figure and if she pays a little attention to you then you are a hooked and people overlook lots and lots of red flags because they are thinking with the wrong head.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next