All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: A review of FSU dating sites used by wicheese!
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 18 Feb 2011 16:58 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
I think you make a good point Moby but I do hear enough people who have good luck using sites like Elena's, Lucky Lovers, Merry Dating and other sites than I do from people using AWeb, AFA and etc. I have always been a believer that we make our own luck. Spending your time and money where the odds are better will usually pay off by having "luck" there.

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 18 Feb 2011 17:11 
Banned

Times_to_FSU: Loads of time
Hi Ray

I agree with you - absolutely - re the sites you mention.... the problem is that the LADIES don't join the 'right sites' [lol.gif]

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 19 Feb 2011 09:56 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
wicheese

Very good summary of all the dating avenues you joined and had certain amount of experience and I am sure your advice would be helpful to any newbie who is starting in this international endeavour. Well done for writing your experience with the various avenues in meeting an FSU woman! [clap.gif]

Personally I have averse paying fro something that I can do myself! [wink.gif]

As it happens, when I first visited Russia and Ukraine,I did early recognised the different appearance quality of ladies which does attract foreigners to look on that direction. At the time my aims were about expanding my business to a different market and Ukraine, due to the Orange revolution, was fast becoming known to the westerners, especially in the UK. The British people learned that Ukraine is not somewhere... in Africa but in Europe. [lol.gif]

So I looked around and there were just very few companies selling package holidays and breaks in the FSU countries from the UK, so I thought the earlier I get into the game the better it will be for my company. Made several trips to organise things and while I was there I could not avoid the eye candy surrounding me.

I was single, foot loose and free from my previous relationship but my age was on the wrong side of 50 and the middle life crisis point, but I was pleasantry surprised to find out during my trips, that there were plenty of very attractive ladies which will accept an age gap of 20-25 years. At the beginning I was not looking to find a wife, had a little bit of fun but soon started to think maybe it's time to become serious and look things differently.

Here in London we had/have many foreign women, legal and illegal so I looked around to see what was available etc. posted a small free advert in a London based Russian paper and my mobile, soon, was on fire. So I started meeting few of these ladies but soon became clear that the majority of them were after the permanent legal residency, which I was not prepared to exchange for a bit of hot body in my bed. Had an involvement with an illegal attractive Ukrainian woman for about 4-5 months but then in one of my business visits to Ukraine discovered the truth behind the stories she has told me! She had a husband living there and she was supporting him financially by working illegally here. I maybe tell you all about it in another thread that Turbo has started, later.

When I seriously decided to look for a woman there, by then I had a pretty good idea what I was looking for and after a few unsuccessful meetings, I got disappointed with Ukrainian women...... their secrecy and unwillingness to open up and quickly learned all about pro daters, scammers and all the other attributes, which makes a woman undesirable to be a candidate to become your future wife.

One of the attractions visiting Ukraine, it was easy at first to get a visa and then NO visa, so any time I could pick up the phone, speak to the airline, get Agency Discount of 75% and go down to Gatwick and 3 hours later.... was in Kiev. Business and pleasure combined, then in a debate with Chivo about Visa.... got curious and started looking towards Russia.

Before I started all that and to avoid repeating myself in my letter, I created a personal wiz site, with the necessary information and photos, so when a lady was looking promising I was asking her to visit my site and let me know what she thinks.

Site is still there, for memory lane I may say. [wink.gif] Wiz Personal Site

By creating my site, I found was helpful getting rid of pro daters, scammers and ladies who could not read English, as that was one of the two preconditions in my search, the other one was no children commitments.

I only used 3 free sites, freepersonal.ru, Merry dating and Mamba in Russian, where I posted my profile in English, so any replies in Russian...... click delete, was the order.

When I first posted my profiles, I did not posted a photo but I waited for a week for the scammers emails and everything to calm down and then posted my photo. That paid off because I had a small number to deal with and soon I ended up down to 4-5 with whom continue corresponding. Then I got a free calls system on my PC and started talking to them on the phone and MSN, for sometime before making a decision to meet.

Things turn out slightly differently, as Turbo and Shadow know and some others too.... but that is for another time.

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 19 Feb 2011 15:54 
Banned

Times_to_FSU: Loads of time
The above photos are exactly WHY I worry about Wiz' cavalier attitude to copyright ..

Do these ladies KNOW that there photos are on this site ?

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 19 Feb 2011 16:43 
Admin

Moby

To start with do you know the Identity and who are these ladies?

Of course you don't so don't start now trying to teach me copyright rules etc.

If you care to take a look, these ladies photos are mostly send to me by scammers and have already posted on another thread!

If you think I have a cavalier attitude .... "Don Quixote" ... let me know their identity of these ladies and I will delete them otherwise do take care of your own wedding images, and don't worry about the images I post here.

You are not responsible for posting these photos but I am!

Post Number:#16  PostPosted: 19 Feb 2011 23:15 
Expert Member

RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Times_to_FSU: 10+
Wiz,

Hey, I took a peak that that website you created for yourself and I noticed the Astrology link. Something not to be overlooked as it seemed like a lot of ladies I chatted with wanted to know my sign as that does matter more in the FSU than the west. I thought it was an FSU thing until I recently visited India where they go absolutely overboard with it as most parents there will meet with an astrologer before approving of an arranged marriage.

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: 20 Feb 2011 07:10 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

RW_here_since: May 09
Times_to_FSU: 20+
msmobyru wrote:
The above photos are exactly WHY I worry about Wiz' cavalier attitude to copyright ..

Moby,

This is no different to any other board out there they all contain pictures of people, what you are suggesting is that for every photo we post we must have permission! this is ludicrous and if that was how it worked the internet would fall over [rolleyes.gif]

I just did a search on your name and the images are there for all to see on Google, did you give Google your permission to publish your photos? [wink.gif] and then i Google my nick and guess what i come up on Google search to in the images [biggrin.gif] all courtesy of your flickr site, then i Google just you wifes name and got exactly the same result [tonque.gif]

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: 20 Feb 2011 07:29 
Admin

wicheese wrote:
Wiz,

Hey, I took a peak that that website you created for yourself and I noticed the Astrology link. Something not to be overlooked as it seemed like a lot of ladies I chatted with wanted to know my sign as that does matter more in the FSU than the west. I thought it was an FSU thing until I recently visited India where they go absolutely overboard with it as most parents there will meet with an astrologer before approving of an arranged marriage.

I am not one who reads daily his horoscope but at the time, a good friend with Ukrainian blood in her family tree gave me lots of good advice for a lot of things and Astrology was one of them, so.....I had a look around and I was surprised to read a lot of things that were true about my character.... so I made the extra page! [wink.gif]

Mrs wiz spent sometime reading my profile before coming back with her replies..... and if I remember well she did commented about that too!

Any way she fell for my plan and she is here nearly 3 years now. [glad.gif]

Post Number:#19  PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011 07:54 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
msmobyru wrote:

The hottie in the pink dress is American model Jurgita Valts and her photos are one of the most 'stolen' ones around the net. I doubt if she will lose much sleep over Wiz using them. [wink.gif]