All times are UTC

Post subject: What do you think about these 2 profiles?
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011 15:12 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
What do you think about these 2 profiles?

Hello everybody

I came across these two profiles on 2 different sites.

Do you think it is the same woman and could it be a scammer?

Zhenya

EVGENIYA

I know she is from 2 different cities.... but the name seems to be the same.

Wife says that when a woman is young they normally call her Zhenya but later after finishing her studies and starting working officially they call her Yevgeniya.

In her passport (internal and international) is called Yevgeniya.

What do you think?

[biggrin.gif]

Post subject: Re: What do you think about these 2 profiles?
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011 17:12 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
It would appear that it is the same girl.
The face does appear to be the same face.
The names Zhenya and Evgenia can definitely refer to the same person.

• Evgenia, is the formal name i.e. the name that would appear on official documents and that would be used in formal situations.

• Zhenya, is the familiar name that would be used in informal situations such as between friends.

Just as an example Ekatarina and Katya can be the same person or to put it differently all ladies called Ekatarina will also be called Katya.

As to whether she is a scammer or not, the only way to find out would be to make contact and then see if she tries to scam.

Yes she does have different profiles on different sites stating that she lives in two different towns, but, do we know when the profiles were posted? Could it be possible that profile A was posted quite a while ago when she lived in town A and profile B was posted at a later date when she moved to town B.

BUT

Image Since when do we post links to dating sites? Image

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011 20:01 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Raffi

You forgot to report Luckyspin's post to the Administration for his mistake breaking the rules.... [surprised.gif]

Any how your comments were noted....... and after careful consideration the Admin decided to allow this posts in this instance, because it exposes the vulnerability of the dating sites to be compromised by scammers.

I expect you will agree with this? [drink-coffee.gif]

Luckyspin, please refrain in future to post direct links to any commercial dating site. [nono.gif]

On the other hand I agree with your observations and if you blow up the photos...... you will find that it's the same woman! [biggrin.gif]

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 19 Sep 2011 05:08 

wiz wrote:
You forgot to report Luckyspin's post to the Administration for his mistake breaking the rules.... [surprised.gif]
Yannis,
You had a PM. Image

wiz wrote:
Any how your comments were noted....... and after careful consideration the Admin decided to allow this posts in this instance, because it exposes the vulnerability of the dating sites to be compromised by scammers.

I expect you will agree with this? [drink-coffee.gif]

You are the boss.

Yes I do agree that dating sites can and are used by scammers but as I see it just because a lady uses a different variation of her name does mean that she is a scammer.

The only guaranteed way to confirm that she is a scammer Image is to make contact and then see if she does try to scam.

There is another option and that is to Google the email address that she uses or selected text from her emails, but that (at least in my mind) does not give a 100% guarantee.

As I see it in order to "tar and feather" a lady there does need to be definite proof.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 19 Sep 2011 07:31 
Admin

Luckyspin wrote:
What do you think about these 2 profiles?

Hello everybody

I came across these two profiles on 2 different sites.

Do you think it is the same woman and could it be a scammer?

I know she is from 2 different cities.... but the name seems to be the same.

Wife says that when a woman is young they normally call her Zhenya but later after finishing her studies and starting working officially they call her Yevgeniya.

In her passport (internal and international) is called Yevgeniya.

What do you think?

[biggrin.gif]

Raffi

I think you have missed the meaning of the original question.

Lucky is asking you for your opinion........ if you think she is a scammer or not?

Lucky did not say or state that she is a scammer.

I am sure you would agree that it is acceptable to ask such questions.

Now if you want to put on your Sherlock Holmes hat you may shed some light to this question, as you happen to have experience with Scammers, as we see in your other thread!

[haha.gif]

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011 21:56 

wiz wrote:
Raffi

I think you have missed the meaning of the original question.

Lucky is asking you for your opinion........ if you think she is a scammer or not?

Lucky did not say or state that she is a scammer.

I am sure you would agree that it is acceptable to ask such questions.

Now if you want to put on your Sherlock Holmes hat you may shed some light to this question, as you happen to have experience with Scammers, as we see in your other thread!

[haha.gif]

Yannis,
I did not miss the point and I did answer the question.
The answer that I gave was "The jury is out"

OK if you want the answer differently.

As I see the fact that in her profiles she states that she is from different towns is a potential danger flag. Somewhere between a three and an eight.

The level that I would attribute to the fact that she her profiles state different towns would on what is written in the profile, if it is reasonably evident that one profile is older than the other, by older I mean that it is clear that there seems a time lapse between profile "A" and profile "B" then I would attribute the danger level to be between three to five, if the profiles seem to have been written at the same time then I would attribute a danger level between six to eight.

The use of what appears to a non Russian to be different names but to a Russian could well be the same name is a different issue.
Slightly Image but quite relevant to this discussion.

The off topic bit.
When I first started working in Russia one of the administrative secretaries was a lady called Natasha. The door to her office had her name written on it.

When a new guy (by new guy I mean someone who had not worked in Russia before) would arrive he would be sent to see "Natalia" and be shown the way to the corridor that led to her office having been told "Her office is easy to find, her name is on the door". Within a few minutes the guy would come back saying something along the lines of "There is no Natalia down that corridor", the standard reply was "Oh yes there is" and the ensuing discussion was always led down the same path, the path being that he would be offered a bet for a case of beer which he of course would readily accept because as far as he was concerned he was onto a sure thing (remember the key here was that the guy had no experience of Russia or Russians).

The relevant bit.
As most (if not all) people that have experience of Russia know the familiar name for Natasha is Natalia.

Again I go slightlyImage
So we used the fact that the new guy did not know about the Russian naming conventions to get him to buy a case of beer.

It could be said that the newbie was being scammed by his colleagues (work mates) but then he did get to drink some of the beers himself and when the next newbie arrived the old-newbie participated in the game.
Back Image
As I see it the fact that she has two profiles using what appear to be different names to a westerner but a Russian would consider them to be the same name has a scammer factor between zero to three.

Last.
I did not say that anybody stated that this lady is a scammer.
I did though say that we should be careful before we label somebody with such a tag.

Luckyspin asked all the members of the forum "Do you think it is the same woman and could it be a scammer?"

I answered. My answer was/is:
  • Yes I think that it is the same lady.

• With regards to her being a scammer, my answer still is "The jury is out"

For the reason for my answer see my explanations.
I really hope that you are capable of comprehending this.
A simple yes or no is the most acceptable answer to my question.

Next issue.
What are your opinions and why do you not answer Luckyspins question.?

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 22 Sep 2011 13:34 
Admin

Raffi

Only politicians are answering the same way like you, with a long waffle and beating around the bush...... instead for a short answer........... yes I think she is or not! [very_funny.gif]

Any how I am not convinced with your waffle............

In my view she is definitely is a scammer!

• Zhenya and Evgenia are the same person and I agree with the name explanations. The photos in both sites are from the same woman eg. especially the one on the right is exactly the same despite that in Elena's Models is a thumb! Also the one on the Bikini is from the same series on the second profile. I did login in EM,...and pitty that I did not made copies. [sad.gif]

• An honest Russian woman would not post two different locations (Perm and Novosibirsk) in her profile, I can't see any particular reason for doint that! May I suggest you read the information in her profile at "Singles" closer and you will see the language and her comments....... the usual lyrical Russian talk and somebody has polish it!

"I'm looking for someone who likes being in a relationship and is ready to go on a journey of souls. I've done the whole dating thing for a long time and I'm finally ready to retire my singleness. I find the thought of coming home to someone a wonderful thing and the perfect way to end a long day. I am blessed with a busy life filled with lots of friends and activities so I am very independent. My ideal partner would be someone who is, warm, generous, and smart!"

It appears that somebody (not me) has reported her on EM and they investigate her. [wink.gif]

For your information it is very hard to suspend and delete a profile on EM. Many people had to spent a lot of time communicating ... before they taken any action, including myself and Hanna!

I have not answered earlier because I was busy...... and on the other hand.... you are the Sherlock Holmes of the board!
I knew you will not let us down!

[rolfsmall.gif] [rolfsmall.gif] [rolfsmall.gif]