All times are UTC

Post subject: Where did you find each other ?
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 26 Nov 2008 13:19 
Banned

Her/His Country: Russia
Times_to_FSU: Loads of time
There's lots of advice about which method is best, but what matters the most is WHERE she registers her profile or where you've registered yours.. the
*I* would recommend avoiding Agencies, and looking to meet a lady who has access to a pc via one of the many dating sites.

There are many Russian based sites that are part of the mamba.ru network, but they are in Russian.... but if you are prepared to try to be different .. you will have access to a FAR larger pool of FSU women.

You won't be paying for sending receiving emails.

If you need to look in English then *I* would recommend luckylovers as that is where we found each other.. the fun was we could se who viewed ( and kept viewing) our photos - so you know who is interested in you.

This is just how *I* did it..

Good Luck

Post subject: Re: Where did you find each other ?
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 26 Nov 2008 17:07 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Personally, I have not used any agency or the above mentioned sites by msmobyru and I have always taken the advice (including my own) given on these boards with a large pinch of salt.

So, let me try to state a few simple facts:

1) Free dating sites like FREE PERSONALS RU allow you to make direct contact with the goods (Russian Women).

2) Most paid dating sites and agencies act as intermediaries between you and the goods. The better ones charge varying amounts to reach the goods and then leave you to get on with it. The worse ones will make it very difficult to make contact and keep charging you to maintain it.

3) Then there are full service agencies which will offer to literally hold your hand all the way to the altar.

4) Each route has its pros and cons. Each route will appeal to different individuals for different reasons.

5) No one route is any guarantor of success.

I have tried 2) but found it didn't work for me. I never even considered 3) as I have a cordial dislike of having my life 'organised' by some self-appointed 'expert'.

So, no prizes for guessing which route I ultimately chose!

Like many before me, time was of the essence in my search. I knew it would take months to find suitable ladies and did not relish the prospect of wasting any of it waiting for some paid agency to put me in touch with its members and then charging me for every letter I wrote or received.

I also made it a condition of my search to focus on women of over the age of 40 yrs old and with the ability to communicate orally and in writing in one or other of my own native languages (Greek and English). I found it much faster to identify such ladies on free sites than through paid agencies.

Just because a profile states that the woman is 'fluent' in English means bugger all. It may take weeks to discover that she can barely order a taxi in English through a paid site. On a free site a couple of emails and one phone call and you will quickly establish how good her language skills are.

Using a free site was not about 'cheapness' to me. It was about access and freedom. I wanted access to any woman I was interested in and the freedom to contact her in any way that was agreeble to us without intermediaries getting in our way. With the exception of sites like Lucky Lovers (a misnomer if ever there was one!), most agencies do not offer such a service. Nor can they without going out of business.

The big advantage for me with sites like FREE PERSONALS RU is that one can quickly weed out the pro-daters, scammers and gold diggers from the genuine ladies. This can take a LOT longer with a paid agency.

The fact that it's free is an added bonus.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 26 Nov 2008 22:48 
Banned

Times_to_FSU: Loads of time
Hey, Mr Wiz!

Do you think LL is an agency site... ?

Veta and I don't think the Lucky is a misnomer... [wink.gif]

BTW some of your "facts" read more like opinions [tonque.gif]

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008 04:40 
Admin

Mark

It has been a long time since I paid a visit to LL so now I am not sure of its exact situation, agency or not.

For you and Veta........ is LUCKY LOVERS [happy.gif]
Say sorry to Veta from me...pls

So which one of my opinions .... are not facts?

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 30 Jan 2009 06:56 
You will find very beautiful Russian women at http:XXXXXX and also chat,video chat and share your video and many more things.

EDIT by Luskyspin 30/01/2009

May I remind you of the TOS rules:

Advertising is not allowed. This includes using forum email and private messaging to spam other members. Linking to other sites is fine as long as it is within the context of a discussion, but not to Commercial, Dating or Marriage agency sites.

Links in signatures to personal sites are fine, but not to Commercial, Dating or Marriage agency sites. You can use/post the names of dating & agency sites or comercial services, so long as they don’t violate the TOS terms, but you can't provide a link to these sites.

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009 11:55 
I am not find my partner from any dating site because i donot believe in any dating site,could you tell me can i find good life partner from dating site.

Thanks
----------------------------------------------

EDIT by luckyspin

Please read the TOS

Links in signatures to personal sites are fine, but not to Commercial, Dating or Marriage agency sites. You can use/post the names of dating & agency sites or comercial services, so long as they don’t violate the TOS terms, but you can't provide a link to these sites.

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 20 Feb 2009 08:05 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: UK
RW_here_since: 2008
Times_to_FSU: I was born there!
I met my husband through a dating site called Merry Dating, which was and still is free for the women but not free for the men.

The site permits direct contact via the site but not allow email addresses or telephone numbers to be exchanged.

My Husband contact me through the site and sent me his email address in a clever way (half English and half Russian) and we established direct connection, like that.

After that everything else is history now..... [veryhappy.gif]

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 18 Apr 2009 14:22 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
I have heard reasonably good comments about both LuckyLadies and MerryDating. I never used either personally but my son did and met a number of nice ladies and one scammer.

I agree with Wiz and always liked FreePersonals.ru. I found the response rate lower since I think the free parts attracts a lot of people. I would be willing to bet the women also find an above average percentage of armchair romantics that write nice letters but don't even own a passport. A very beautiful women who puts a listing on FreePersonals will likely get 500-700 letters the first day.

When I was in the searching stage I used FreePersonals and Elena's. I had great luck with both. I think there are more men who have found thier wife through Elena's than any other source so they must do something right.

To me, I don't consider a business that puts you in e-mail contact with a woman as an agency. To me an agency is where they actually act as an intermediary and either you go there and they arrange meeting or the communications go through their office and sometimes their terps. A business that puts you in direct contact right off the bat does not strike me as an agency. Just the way I would define it and that is a personal option.

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 19 Apr 2009 08:31 
Admin

When I started using FREEPERSONALS I quickly discovered that as soon as you registered on the site, you start receiving many emails…….. and for 4-5 days you should be carefull.

I used a small trick to weed out the scammers, prodaters etc…… by not posting my photo for more than a week. After the avalanche of emails very clearly I reduced the number to a single digit and yes checking their replies I was left with 1-2 worth writing for.

After my photo was uploaded, then I went through searching and writing letters…. Basically a well crafted letter copied to every new woman it took my fancy with her name on.

To make sure I do not waste my time with anybody who could not speak some good English I created a small personal web site and directed them there for more information.

Well the REAL one took notice of my comments and in her replies made reference to many points I posted in my profile. [wink.gif] ;)

So, by now, you know the rest of the story! [biggrin.gif] :D

It is here so far: My Russian Love Affair!

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 19 Apr 2009 13:09 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Very clever and a good way of doing it.

I also noticed with FreePersonals that as listings were updated and added you would drop behind and that editing your post every week or two kept you more towards the front where it would have a higher visibility.