All times are UTC

Post subject: From Russia Without Love
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009 10:29 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
From Russia Without Love

How thousands of lonely British men are being
ruthlessly fleeced by a Russian 'e-mail brides' racket

Some wear hotpants. Others the tiniest of mini-dresses. With names like Elanor, Olexandra, and Katerin, all are in full warpaint, teetering on vertigo-inducing heels.

More than 50 young women - at least three for every middle-aged man in the room - are plying their trade in the basement nightclub of the Palladium Hotel in Odessa in what was once Soviet Russia.

No, these girls aren't prostitutes; not in the strictest sense of the word anyway - but potential 'brides'.

Gary Gwilliam has spent £5,000 on his quest for a Russian bride
but after taking Olga, right, shopping he never saw her again

Blushing they certainly are not. 'If a man looks a little bored, I just stroke his leg like this,' says foxy brunette Katerina, who giggles as she proceeds to lift her skirt and stroke her leg.

'That gets his attention back, usually.'

No sooner has she finished speaking than she is taking part in a party game designed to break the ice.

It involves couples taking to the dance floor with a balloon squashed between them; if the man presses too hard and the balloon bursts, he has to abandon her and move on to the next girl in line.

Nine of the 17 'suitors' are from Britain: among them a 47-year-old business consultant in a lounge suit from Cambridge, a 42-year-old retail manager from Solihull, as well as a property developer and food importer.

But the journey to the altar, they are beginning to discover, does not come cheap in Odessa.

It costs $300 (nearly £200) just to attend the function - organised by an internet 'marriage' agency - where they are now being introduced to potential partners, not over champagne, but 'sparkling' Ukrainian wine, which, along with the balloons, rather sums up the sleazy event.

In the next few days, their credit cards and wallets, bulging with dollar notes - it's always U.S. dollars, as the currency is so valuable here - will be drained even more.

It's hard to feel sorry for them or to distinguish who is really exploiting whom: the men who say they are looking for 'love' but, no doubt, expect sex as well, or the girls who shamelessly take them for every penny.

They probably deserve each other.

Either way, the scene which unfolded at the Palladium a few days ago is now part of an industry worth an estimated £50million.

Odessa has been called the 'pearl of the Black Sea' and 'Rio for the Russians'. Today, however, this historic city of cobbled streets, open air cafes, and baroque architecture, has another claim to fame - or notoriety - as the 'internet bride' capital of the world.

Odessa makes Las Vegas seem romantic.

Gary Cook and his girlfriend Oksana, who is saving for breast implants
and dreams of posing for Playboy

Read the full article here: From Russia Without Love

Post subject: Re: From Russia Without Love
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009 11:03 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Sensationalistic “Mail” article, with the intention to give a bad name to 1000’s REAL honest Russian women and have another dig on Russia. Are they really so ignorant and don’t know that Ukraine is separated country and not part of the Russian Federation any more?

I don’t think so but just another devious generalisation and excuse to attack Russian women.

For us on the International dating Scene, that we have been there, got the T-shirt and found happiness in Russia, we know geography and the fact that Odessa is in Ukraine and not in Russia! It is also a well known fact that all the lonely sex tourists, which have been visiting Thailand now have found easier and much cheaper to travel to Odessa. Who can blame the Ukrainian girls of taking for a ride those idiots who think a 20 yrs old young sexy woman will fall in love with an old goat of 50+ years old?

These men deserve what they get from the Odessa or Ukrainian women.

The Anastasia Dating agency, their Social parties racket and most of the other scamming dating agencies on the internet, are well known to those men who seriously are looking to find their other half in Eastern Europe and the FSU countries.

Most of these men are member of the many Russian/Ukrainian Dating forums. On these forums you can read plenty of happy ending stories as well the reasons why all of us have made the decision to find an Eastern European woman to share our lives and gave up on the English/Western women and not everybody of us is a rich person.

Russian/Ukrainian women are very beautiful, well educated, feminine, smart dressers, slim, sexy, family orientated, hard working and caring about their husbands and home, unlike the feminist’s carrier English/Western women who are selfish, binge drinking and only care for what they can get out of you.

Actually British women are not any better morally in their behaviour. They are more promiscuous when they go on holiday, where after a drink they will shag any waiter, hotel and local available man, as it's part of their holiday!

Ibiza in Spain, Ayia Napa in Cyprus, and in Greece - Malia in Crete, Kardamena in Kos, Faliraki in Rhodes, Kavos in Corfu are their play grounds where sex is the daily order on their menu!

Mustn't forget also the Caribbean islands where most older British women go and pay for finding love with the local Romeos! [lol.gif]

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 13:22 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
SEX FOR SALE

The Oldest Profession

Does it matter if it is a man or a woman who is doing the buying?
Personally I think NOT!

Giving the impression that sex is available maybe a newer phenomenon.
Sex tourism is a different variant but still a variant of the oldest profession.

The secret of the beauty of the women in the countries that were hidden behind the iron curtain. That was a well kept secret, until the collapse of the Iron Curtain.
Now that the information is out, combine the beauty of the women with the suggestion that sex is available and of course the sex-tourists will stampede.

Is sex for sale available in the FSU? Yes it is.
Add the knowledge that there are some women from those countries do engage in scamming (mainly western) men.
Mix the above ingredients with sensationalism
AND

The result is an sensationalist article like:
From Russia Without Love: How thousands of lonely British men are being ruthlessly fleeced by a Russian 'e-mail brides' racket

I do not disagree that the article has the potential of the article to give a "bad name" but who is going to pay attention only the pathetic PC bandwagon idiots.
Those of us that know better can have a laugh.

The article that started this discussion, it is a pathetic attempt to sell papers (I will not insult anybody's intelligence by adding he word "news") that pander to the pathetic facsimile men with female reproductive organs and men that seem to want to sit down to spend a penny.
In my opinion that summarises the majority of the PC brigade.

Maybe I should write a book "Women are from Mars and Men are from the Seventh planet"

:haha:

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 14:42 
Admin

Rasboinik

To be honest I had a good laugh when I read the article........ which is nothing more than a repeat of the same theme, time after time, just to sell newspapers.

I read the cutting remarks and comments from many British women..... against these women so I posted some thruths about them to counter balance.

Personally I don't give a toss to whatever anybody says about FSU women.........neither I take them seriously either. Any body to each own [wink.gif]

.....I don't read that rag "The Mail" [sick.gif] ........

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 15:38 

wiz wrote:

just to sell newspapers.

Wiz,

The only argument that I have with you is over one word newspapers. [lol.gif]

wiz wrote:

.....I don't read that rag "The Mail" but came up on my search in the yahoo news........

Ok you made amends later on in your post :lol:

I did add a comment to the many comments about the article in question suggesting that they might be interested in writing an article about middle aged western women going to various countries and paying for sex, but they withhold comments until they approve of them.
Guess what, my comment has not been posted.
What a surprise.
[very_funny.gif]

I am guessing that my comment did not fit in with the feminist views that are the new standard.

Now if my fiancée was a typical woman from the enlightened west I am guessing that I would be expected complain when she left the toilet seat up [lol.gif]

As it is I have a real woman.
Do I hear you say "Why are you preaching to the converted"?

[lol.gif] [lol.gif] [lol.gif]

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 17:01 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
I am not surprised that your comments were not posted.... [sad.gif]

I posted something derogative too about their article ... but obviously was inappropriate and wasn't following their line...... so nowhere to be found. [angry2.gif]

Only stupid cutting remarks from some English women...... [surprised.gif] [lol.gif] [lol.gif] [lol.gif]

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 11:05 

If I am absolutely honest, I would have been very very surprised to see my comment posted.
Freedom of Speech is only for those that tow the line.
Especially when dealing with the female version of politically correct band wagon jumpers and the feminised men that follow them like sheep.

IMO they feel more threatened by the women of the FSU than by women from Thailand , the Philippines and such. So they will be going out of their way in their attempts to tar all the former FSU women as money grabbing scam artists.

If an explanation of why they feel threatened is needed (as if [lol.gif] ) then just take a look at the travel to the Stans thread.

[rolf.gif]

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 11:25 
[sad.gif] some of girls have desperate desire tomove to another life...
[lol.gif] another part of girls are just scammers and users !

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013 22:50 

Her/His Country: england
Times_to_FSU: twice
Hello I am gary gwillam who went to odessa.

i didnt spend 5000 more like 500 pounds

It seems lots of english women hate the men who go to ukraine to meet russian women
when i went i met a few women and the experience was great although i heard bad things
one women i met wanted for me to move to odessa and work with her father and brothers also met a moldovan woman 24 aleona ? and felt sorry for some of them as they some times get a bad deal.

All the dates i went out with i gave them a token of chocolate (large cadburys bar).

and also met irine billik and danced with her in itaka !

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013 13:24 
Admin

greeves246 wrote:
Hello I am gary gwillam who went to odessa.

i didnt spend 5000 more like 500 pounds

It seems lots of english women hate the men who go to ukraine to meet russian women
when i went i met a few women and the experience was great although i heard bad things
one women i met wanted for me to move to odessa and work with her father and brothers also met a moldovan woman 24 aliona ? and felt sorry for some of them as they some times get a bad deal.

All the dates i went out with i gave them a token of chocolate (large cadburys bar).

and also met irine billik and danced with her in itaka !

Hello Gary and [welcome1.gif] to the board.

Don't worry about the lies the "mail" is writing. All of us know how much it costs and I agree with you. [thumbs.gif]

I have been to Odessa and all over Ukraine, so I know a lot about meeting women down there and how much a single person is normally spending.

I expect you had a great time, met a lot of girls and made up your own mind if it was worth it or not!

I am sure you must have read our previous comments and I would appreciate if you tell us about your own experience.

Regards
Wiz