All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: My imaginary friend.
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009 15:00 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
wiz wrote:
Shadow wrote:
Thread is not deleted on RWD, but Marcel has been wise enough not to offer too much comments there. :D

Checked again this morning and it is not there! I only found a page (Cashe) when I googled her details and that is all.

Of course Marcel has plastered his story, her photos and details everywhere, as you can see if you google too! ;)

Shadow wrote:
As for who would benefit, in the end it would be you.

If people who are searching to find a good agency will be able to find a list where they can compare agencies and select the one to their wishes, they will probably take a look around the place that made such a list.

As I said before the benefit will be small comparing to the time neede to compile such accurate lists, which constantly has to be updated.

I think the best idea will be that every member who had experience in dealing with Marriage and dating agencies to post in one single thread on this forum, so to be easy for searh his opinions and views. Then others can continue on the same thread adding their own experiences with Marriage and dating agencies!

Do you think is good idea?

The reason for my starting this thread was because I thought that a list of agencies would benefit this board by attracting newbies (new traffic).

I admit that I did not think of legal implications for such a list.

I do not think that there would be a need for such a list to be updated on a very regular basis after all if for example there is sufficient knowledge about an agency I really do not think that they will change their policies overnight.
As an example if imaginary-agency-1.com will charge someone to become a member and they will verify that the people that appear on their lists are real people and after that they will only charge for example for translating, booking hotels, supplying a guide then I really do not think that they will change their policies.
If imaginary-agency-2.com offers free membership, do no verification and charge per email sent and received, do not allow direct contact and only allow organised parties with many men and hundreds of women I also do not think that those policies would ever change either.

The implementation of how the list would be is up to the management of the board.
The only comment that I have is that if such a list is created it would be better if it was kept short and concise and if there is a need to make long comments then they could be made on a different thread.
My tuppence worth.

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009 16:19 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
It seems that someone did put it in the trash box. Not wise, better to keep such things out in the open.

As far as work on the list, believe me a comprehensive list will need updating.
Agencies come and go, are sold and change policies.
Experiences of 2 years ago can be completely invalid today.

A place for reviews is great, but when I checl my past favourites, one does not exist, the second one has merged about three times, the third one is still in place.

Of course the list of Turboguy would be already a good start. :lol:

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009 20:43 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
I have never used an agency therefore I have no experience of them! After all you woun't expect a poor pensioner to be able to afford their charges. Do you? [sarcastic_blum.gif]

As I have said on another thread, I only used the internet FREE sites, Freepersonals.ru and Merry dating........both completely free at the time. Free personals is still free but Merry Dating is charhing one off membership, which is not bad.

I agree with you that Turboguy can start the thread with his list of agencies that he used over the .... so many years....searh and adventure and then anybody else can post his own experience.

Shadow

If a member recomends an agency....should it be acredited to IDCA or whatever is the name of that organisation Dan has created? ;) :lol:

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009 08:15 
Veteran Member

You mean the CMA ?
Actually the idea behind the project is a good one, just it is hard to get it off the ground, especially with people pointing at it as being a marketing scheme.

The orinigal thought behind it is to provide a standard like ISO, a working guide that agencies should adhere to if they wish to be ceritfied to a level.
This would, if properly set up and enforced, be a great mark of quality.

And btw I am also referring to 'dating sites' as due to my language and travel skills and experience I never needed someoen to hold my hand.

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009 07:49 
Admin

Shadow wrote:
You mean the CMA ?

Actually the idea behind the project is a good one, just it is hard to get it off the ground, especially with people pointing at it as being a marketing scheme.

The orinigal thought behind it is to provide a standard like ISO, a working guide that agencies should adhere to if they wish to be ceritfied to a level.

This would, if properly set up and enforced, be a great mark of quality.

And btw I am also referring to 'dating sites' as due to my language and travel skills and experience I never needed someone to hold my hand.

Good idea but how could be enforced?

I am the same regarding the "Dating sites" etc....... I have the travel skills and use it to my max benefit and of course like you I speak a couple of languages or 3........ Greek, English, Italian ...rubbish.. but not Russian.....so that is enough to get around! :P

I understand that you speak Russian [clap2.gif] but not the slang words ;) ..... How did you manage that and how many other languages you speak?

Did you speak English or Russian when you met "Lena" in Moscow? [sarcastic_blum.gif]

Post Number:#16  PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009 13:21 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
I am now really showing my ignorance.

I did not even realise that there is such a difference between dating sites and agencies.

My ignorance stems from the fact that I have used neither.

:offtopic:
My story started when I went to the bar in the hotel that I was living in at the time and this "silly bint" (as I thought then) came up with "Почему вы курить на меня" (for the non Russian readers) "Why are you blowing your smoke over me"

I am just glad that I was not in a real bad mood because if I had been then that would have been the end of a wonderful relationship.
Because I was in an amiable mood instead of telling her to do something that is not physically possible :censored: [duel.gif] my reaction was "Могу ли я куплю тебе выпить, чтобы вы простите меня?" "Can I buy you a drink to say that I am sorry?".

Back on topic.

It seems that Shadow is of the opinion that the existence of such a list would be of benefit to this board and might enhance traffic to the board.

I know that my lack of experience on dating sites and with agencies and such will not be of help is a hindrance regarding the enforcement of a standard, but I would have thought that comments by people with experience would be a good indicator concerning the reliability.
Yes I am aware that such comments would bury the usefulness of a list.
My thoughts.
Keep the list locked and comments can be added as links from within the locked list, and it is only the admin that can add the links. So if someone wishes to add a long and rambling post they can do so as a separate thread and then request that admin add a link to that thread in the list.

As a thought.
Agency -A
Link-1
Link-2
Link-3

Dating Site -A
Link-1
Link-2
Link-3

Agency -B
Link-1
Link-2
Link-3

Dating Site -B
Link-1
Link-2
Link-3

I must admit that:
A) I do not know if such an option is feasible
B) It would be a little bit of extra work for the admin.

But since the existence of such a list would benefit the board with increased traffic the extra work would benefit the admin.

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009 20:31 
Veteran Member

wiz wrote:

Good idea but how could be enforced?

I am the same regarding the "Dating sites" etc....... I have the travel skills and use it to my max benefit and of course like you I speak a couple of languages or 3........ Greek, English, Italian ...rubbish.. but not Russian.....so that is enough to get around! :P

I understand that you speak Russian [clap2.gif] but not the slang words ;) ..... How did you manage that and how many other languages you speak?

Did you speak English or Russian when you met "Lena" in Moscow? [sarcastic_blum.gif]

Enforced is like the ISO system twofold. First of all by audits, which would be needed to keep the highest certification. Only possible for the larger businesses to reach, as the smaller agencies would not put out the money for an audit.

The second system is, like in ISO, a central complaint handling that works.
Every agency can apply for certification. However any client can file a complaint against the agency for not following the procedures they agreed to by certification.
If the complaint is found valid, the agency will be warned, and when a second complaint is valid the certification will be downgraded or removed, all this with a public display.

I do not speak a lot of Russian as I have not enough experiene, but by watching TV programs I pick up things easy. And another thing I have learned is to interpret dictionary/online translations in to understandable text.

As for 'Lena', it turned out she writes and reads much better as she speaks. Same goes for 'Kvinna'. However it was nice to meet them in person.

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009 05:11 
Admin

Ok I understand the concept but…… I don’t think many agencies will accept to spend the money, as they can do business without the “sign” of respectability offered by the CMA.

I thought you were very astute and you miss nothing but looks that you missed the joke regarding languages. :lol:
You also avoided answering my question of how many languages you speak! :P

I have tried to learn some Russian using the on line program “Mango” but then I got tired and as my trips to Russia are not going to be frequent, I gave up practicing. Now I learn the odd word and expressions here and there and I have short communications with MIL. Sister in law is much easier as she can type fast and we use the Google on line translator, which I found quite good, to communicate. :D

Now regarding the Agency list on the board.

Frankly I don’t have the inclination neither I want to spent the time compiling such a list and writing short reports about them. I will leave it to the members to write about their experiences, like they do in other boards, with any of the agencies WITHOUT posting direct links to these sites, only their names can be mentioned here.

Lena now, writes better English than she used to do 2-3 years ago when I was posting on RWD, I liked her and I have many times asked her to come and join us and become a Moderator (she is good at it) but she is stubborn and will not participate. I heard sometime ago that her daughter made her to buy a dog and after that, I noticed, she has not been active anywhere and her English speaking forum is gone dead!

Kvinna and I we love to hate each other, due to our past conflict so I have not invited her around but of course I will not stop her joining, if she wishes.

Lilly is an excellent poster and a nice lady (met her) but she obviously has no free time now for posting to many boards.

Wild Orchid went OFF in a huff from RUA and can’t see her anywhere, but she will not come and join us! Jazzy busy with her marriage…. So not many others around! :(