All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Death of a Russian Bride
Post Number:#191  PostPosted: 13 Mar 2011 14:01 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
I belive that PLM is going to have the exclusive advertising rights and Elena's and Cute only, ect will be dropped but that could have changed. I do think I recall that as the announcement I saw. To me, it doesn't make much difference if someone has ad's, who the ad's are for but it is interesting.

Post Number:#192  PostPosted: 13 Mar 2011 15:54 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Could it be that both boards have made exclusive advertising agreements with the same agency?

Of course advertising revenues are very important for both and if they got a good deal.......why not?

[rolfsmall.gif]

Post Number:#193  PostPosted: 13 Mar 2011 17:05 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
Turboguy wrote:
I belive that PLM is going to have the exclusive advertising rights and Elena's and Cute only, ect will be dropped but that could have changed. I do think I recall that as the announcement I saw. To me, it doesn't make much difference if someone has ad's, who the ad's are for but it is interesting.

Whilst it wont make any difference to a guy who is no longer searching, it will by compromising independence be misleading for newbies. We have seen this at RUA with the way the moderation team has defended their advertisers in the past, Brides of Ukraine, HRB and Andrewfi are 3 examples.

If PLM become exclusive advertisers on RWD then you will witness them enjoying a certain amount of moderation protection which will not be balanced and can be misleading.

I see both RUA and RWD moving away from being a resource for married or experienced guys and simply being advertising avenue for the ‘global’ players aimed at those guys new to the genre.

Wiz: You should be marketing your board as the largest independent forum regarding WM/RW as this is your USP.

Post Number:#194  PostPosted: 13 Mar 2011 22:08 
Admin

I totally agree...... it will not affect the married ones.... and those who have been around for sometime on these boards but the newbies and ignorant obviously will be affected.

That was one of the main reasons for my arguments with Manny about advertising. Like it or lump it you will always be under the pressure not to allow very critical content against the sponsors therefore you will compromise your objectivity.

Clearly now the Russian World Forums, it's the largest FREE and Independent Discussion Board for romantic relationships between Western Men and Russian Women! [veryhappy.gif]

Thanks for the suggestion and help and I have already implemented the front page of the board. http://www.russianworldforums.com

Take a look and let me know if I made any mistakes! [wink.gif]

here is what I posted:

Russian World discussion forums it's a FREE non profit board that does not have any marriage agency or other Dating business interests or commercial affiliations. We don't sell Russian Bride or Guide books, Romance Tours or any other affiliated services. We don't accept or permit Marriage Agency, Dating and other advertisements to appear. With most similar boards now being financially supported by marriage agencies and related service providers we are confident in our claim that Russian World Forums now remains the largest independent forum of its kind. We would recommend that you should exercise caution when using boards that have commercial relationships with 3rd parties as often negative content is moderated to ensure income streams are not compromised. On our board we have been creating a friendly atmosphere where you can visit to have a chat in a friendly manner, ask or offer advice to newbies, learn about Russian/Ukrainian culture, write about your own experiences and of course have fun.

[drinks.gif]

Post Number:#195  PostPosted: 14 Mar 2011 18:02 
Admin

Clearly now the Russian World Forums, it's the largest FREE and Independent Discussion Board for romantic relationships between Western Men and Russian Women! [veryhappy.gif]

The early hours of this morning and after nearly every European member, except me, has gone to bed, somebody calling himself Lutterworth posted on RMP a very derogative message about RMP and RWF making reference to our front page comments that I posted last night and also about me personally. [wink.gif]

Of course I made a copy but ... later I checked again and the post and the member had been deleted from RMP by the guarding dogs there! [lol.gif]

I wonder who was that person that stayed up so late? [sarcastic.gif]

When I wake up, found out I was AGAIN banned from reading the other board, but I still can read the secret forums... [rolfsmall.gif]

The owner of the other board is not a good chap! I know his ID's but I have not stop him reading and from time to time...... posting on Russian World Forums........... [tonque.gif]

Obviously desperation is setting deeply as the rats have abandoned ship ....... and somebody is becoming paranoid!

[rolf.gif] [rolf.gif] [rolf.gif]

Post Number:#196  PostPosted: 14 Mar 2011 21:16 
Banned

Times_to_FSU: Loads of time
Wiz

WHAT are you 'wittering' about, now ? ...

Does being a board owner mean that it is more 'fun' to be watching 'them' watching 'you' rather than keeping the Missus warm when it's sub-zero ?

[wave.gif]

Post Number:#197  PostPosted: 14 Mar 2011 22:08 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Ukraine/Holland
RW_here_since: 04-december-2008
Times_to_FSU: Lost count in 2010
spoons are more fun in dual, than in solo mode [hi.gif]

Post Number:#198  PostPosted: 14 Mar 2011 22:22 
Admin

Moby

Obviously your reading ability of basic English is beyond you otherwise you would have been able to understand what I am talking about!

Probably deliberately you pretend you don't and I wonder what message you are trying to pass on to me!

Any how down here it's much hotter than up there where you live and I have no problem keeping my home warm!

Do you? [tonque.gif]

Post Number:#199  PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011 06:06 

Her/His Country: Rusian Federation
Times_to_FSU: A couple
That very same person hiding behind that fake "Lutterworth" mask using an IP hider/mask program on RMP, he does the same treacherous schemes in the REAL RUSSIA board but... he is not allowed to register on our board, despite his many tries............ [biggrin.gif]

All his reg accounts have been banned and deleted and that is the only language he understands....

Post Number:#200  PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011 20:47 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Personally I am not so sure that any sponsor will get much favoritism at RWD. I think a lot of the members would get upset and I have never seen any advertiser get any special treatment there. I don't know if that is the case at RUA or not. I don't know if that would or would not be the case there. I think they might have a little more influence but that is just a guess. It did seem to me that Andrew was rather protected there but again that is just speculation.

Of course no advertisers = no issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next